What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will V'landys?

Perth Red

Post Whore
$946mill for 23/24. wow, so much for covid massive write downs.
come on Vlandys tell us how we compare you Muppet. I bet he wont and i think we all know why!

Idris 84

Juniors
This is exactly why you don't rush into deals in uncertain times things return to normal and you are stuck with a shit longterm deal.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
They, being Foxtel took advantage of the situation. Very short sighted on V'landys part and as usual no critical analysis in the mainstream media.

The main question being why sign until 2027 with the landscape changing? Was it about saving RL or Fox Sports?

The good thing about signing with Foxtel until 2027 is it'll prevent the News Ltd Donkeys from blocking Brisbane 2. Any tantrum chucked by Rupes and Lachs will be met with, "okay, we'll go with Stan Sport and all RL fans signed up with Foxtel will ditch your shithouse service and come with us".

Perth Red

Post Whore
Many of us had serious doubts about V’landys cosy relationship with news. When we learn the $figure we’ll now know if we were right to be suss.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Or maybe they feel they got a good deal and wanted to let their stakeholders know what it was, unlike V’landys who wants to treat us like mushrooms. Strange how fox allegedly insisted on commercial confidentiality with nrl but happy to have afl telling everyone the $ value!

It reeks of AFL desperation to one up the NRL only days ahead of Xmas when no one gives a shit about this stuff. No attributed quotes on it being a better deal than NRLs. Suspect rubbish.
Yep all we have
Is a man sprouting about a deal with no other sources to back it up
He's also been caught out blatantly lying many times in the past about anything AFL

Mate even if the NRL deal was better than the AFLs the AFL loving Perth Red would still be having pot shots at PVL .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep all we have
Is a man sprouting about a deal with no other sources to back it up
He's also been caught out blatantly lying many times in the past about anything AFL

Mate even if the NRL deal was better than the AFLs the AFL loving Perth Red would still be having pot shots at PVL .

haha he’s the ceo, tin foil hat on again Phil?
Well tell us what our deal is worth V’landys then we can all be the judge if we got stiffed or not!

Idris 84

Juniors
I have lived in melbourne, people down there don't really care what the nrl are doing and either does the afl really. I was surprised the hate is all one way because living here the media build it up and so does Vlandy's, the fans etc.
I actually doubt the afl even thinks of the nrl when announcing these things to be honest, i think it's time to take off the tin foil hats as it's barely even on the radar down there as we are not seen as a threat by them.

haha he’s the ceo, tin foil hat on again Phil?
Well tell us what our deal is worth V’landys then we can all be the judge if we got stiffed or not!
& yet you ignore the many lies. Blatant lies he has told .which you keep on conveniently ignoring ..so no tin foil hat
Just facts
Of course you would
The AFL can do no wrong .you love GIl ..you love the sport .& can't stand anyone highlighting the negatives
In your little afl wonderful world everyone from afl house is an honest person ...would never lie
The Best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour .
With people like you & most Victorians never questioning the bullshit of course they will keep doing it .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha ceo goes on record about a major financial deal and you think he’s lying. Cuckoo cuckoo

now answer me this, why do you think V’landys is hiding the deal details behind “commercial confidentiality” when clearly that restriction hasn’t been put on the afl from fox? Hmmm wonder why???

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
Haha ceo goes on record about a major financial deal and you think he’s lying. Cuckoo cuckoo

now answer me this, why do you think V’landys is hiding the deal details behind “commercial confidentiality” when clearly that restriction hasn’t been put on the afl from fox? Hmmm wonder why???
Who’s to say it’s PVL ‘hiding’ behind the confidentiality agreement? If Fox weren’t the ones to insist on confidentiality agreement, I’m pretty sure they’d be setting that record straight, as it would suggest they’re the ones who’d stand to lose out if the value was known, therefore people (mainly others who are in negotiations with Fox) would come to their own conclusions that wouldn’t help Fox in other negotiations.
You’re all in on PVL being the one who’s bent over and don’t appear willing to consider the opposite. I’d say with everything else that’s happened this year, and how PVL has handled things, I’m more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he got a good deal.

Whatever Gil The Dill got from Foxtel won't be enough to offset the losses incurred this year. AwFuL spent a fortune keeping their season alive during COVID-19. Playing in front of empty stadia in Queensland, with all Victorian clubs stuck in Queensland's motels, wouldn't have been cheap. Attendances make up a large chunk ot their revenue.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who’s to say it’s PVL ‘hiding’ behind the confidentiality agreement? If Fox weren’t the ones to insist on confidentiality agreement, I’m pretty sure they’d be setting that record straight, as it would suggest they’re the ones who’d stand to lose out if the value was known, therefore people (mainly others who are in negotiations with Fox) would come to their own conclusions that wouldn’t help Fox in other negotiations.
You’re all in on PVL being the one who’s bent over and don’t appear willing to consider the opposite. I’d say with everything else that’s happened this year, and how PVL has handled things, I’m more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he got a good deal.

i could understand it whilst the negotiations with afl we’re going on but now their deal is signed and value announced there is no reason nrl shouldn’t be able to tell it’s stakeholders what deal it has done.

politics 101, if you’ve got a good deal you want the world to know about it!

Simple question for you
Has he been caught out repeatedly in the past blatantly lying .
You know the answer yet you won't touch this .
We know why .
You as usual take anything that AFL house say as 100% gospel truth .
Yet ignore their long history of lies.
Shows clearly which side of the fence you are on .

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
i could understand it whilst the negotiations with afl we’re going on but now their deal is signed and value announced there is no reason nrl shouldn’t be able to tell it’s stakeholders what deal it has done.

politics 101, if you’ve got a good deal you want the world to know about it!
Rarely do confidentiality agreements have an expiry date, as again, all that would do is delay the pain, and potentially even exasperate the issue as in this instance Fox would be seen to have been withholding the info purely to get a leg up and mislead AFL in the current negotiations. That wouldn’t bode well for future relations....
Now I’m not saying PVL definitely got the better of the deal, or that Fox definitely were the ones who pushed the confidentiality agreement. What I am prepared to say is that PVL has done a fantastic job for the NRL over the last 9 months given the circumstances, and with that in mind, surely he deserves the benefit of doubt to be in his favour on our start position on situations like this (where none of us actually know the truth).
Essentially, unless there is firm evidence to the contrary, we should believe what he says and accept he got the best deal he felt he could get in the circumstances. I don’t see any evidence that suggests otherwise.