What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McInnes and Madge having breakfast together

BLM01

First Grade
As Greg Alexander said, Hunt is the worst buy in rugby league history.

Based on what we’ve seen Hunt isn’t the man to lead us back to the top so hiding him at dummy half is the only other option. Very unfortunate for Cam, he deserves better but that’s professional sport.
Well if Alexander truly said that he has got a very short selective memory..not surprising.
There is a few Penrith purchases over the years that would make his statement look foolish, some in recent memory.

possm

Coach
Possm can probably answer this best, what is McInnes worth on a 3 or 4yr deal? Maybe $600,000 Per year?
In my opinion Saints will offer McInnes 650k a season on a 2-3 year deal. If the Tigers offer 700k or more, McInnes will move on.

mickeylane

Bench
Mciness - a one-dimensional tackling machine...see you later...hookers nowadays are 2nd halfbacks - creative, quick, unpredictable, great kickers, and yes good ruck defenders....sounds like Ben Hunt to me...

redVinme

Juniors
If Cam departs, Billy would be an excellent replacement at half the price.
Leave Hunt at 7.
CC

Funnily have we have had two nsw cup players of the year. Correct me if in wrong but I think billy and "Robinson" both have as hookers. Billy is a great hooker. I love cam and I've seen him kick and rack up try assists so I don't think he doesn't have it in him but in this version of the game you can't just stand and deliver you have to take a few steps out and bring the forwards on which cam lacks. Isolating markers and a defenders is what creates quick play the balls and cam needs to do that.

Como Connection

First Grade
Funnily have we have had two nsw cup players of the year. Correct me if in wrong but I think billy and "Robinson" both have as hookers. Billy is a great hooker. I love cam and I've seen him kick and rack up try assists so I don't think he doesn't have it in him but in this version of the game you can't just stand and deliver you have to take a few steps out and bring the forwards on which cam lacks. Isolating markers and a defenders is what creates quick play the balls and cam needs to do that.
Exactly what Billy does.
CC

qld redvee

Juniors
RedVinnie
Lets see what Hook does for cams game next year ,,, dont forget the ex coach probably dumbed down cams game but agree with you we dont want to pay overs to retain and also lets see whats in the juniors ranks also

SnowDragon

Juniors

cam has proved himself a leader, as well as a top quality hooker. That said, I agree a few additions like exploring his kicking more, and as you say more critically the ability step out and draw defenders before passing, will transform him. Still, it’s the leadership and effort I love, and for that reason I don’t want to see him go. If he does, we can explore next best options. In the meantime let’s see what a change in game plan can do for Hunt in the halves and Cam back at 9.

redVinme

Juniors
cam has proved himself a leader, as well as a top quality hooker. That said, I agree a few additions like exploring his kicking more, and as you say more critically the ability step out and draw defenders before passing, will transform him. Still, it’s the leadership and effort I love, and for that reason I don’t want to see him go. If he does, we can explore next best options. In the meantime let’s see what a change in game plan can do for Hunt in the halves and Cam back at 9.

I'm all for cam getting better guidance and providing that value. I love his line speed and commitment. I want to threaten though and want to win. Whoever that is.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I want to threaten though and want to win. Whoever that is.
tenor.gif

dragon thomo

Juniors
Mcguiness is a good player and i do not want to lose him. In saying that i do not want us to pay overs either. I also agree he needs to offer more in attack..
I Believe he can learn more under our new coach, but if he leaves so be it as i am sick of the way some players treat our club.
In fairness to Mcguiness he has not come out and said he is looking at other options.

BLM01

First Grade
Mcguiness is a good player and i do not want to lose him. In saying that i do not want us to pay overs either. I also agree he needs to offer more in attack..
I Believe he can learn more under our new coach, but if he leaves so be it as i am sick of the way some players treat our club.
In fairness to Mcguiness he has not come out and said he is looking at other options.
Bingo. We have created our own media headline and hysteria that he wants out and then overs :astonished::grin:..before the media has.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting reading through the comments on this thread. A lot of jumping to conclusions.
So many different reasons why he'd be having breakfast with Madge and some burly gentlemen.
Meeting of old mates?
Meeting to sound him out about a move to the Tigers?
Meeting to sound out about which Dragons players to target?
Meeting to try and convince Cam that Packer would ne a good pick up?
Meeting to see if McGimp would make a good assistant coach?

I could go on.

Cam is due back at training in January and I doubt he hasn't already had conversations with Hook about 2021 and beyond.
Friz moved to Newcastle because he wanted to wim a premiership (cant see that happening tbh), if Cam were to go to the Tigers it would just be for $$$ and I wouldn't pay overs for any player who doesn't want to put their heart and soul into the Dragons.

possm

Coach
If Cam departs, Billy would be an excellent replacement at half the price.
Leave Hunt at 7.
CC
That would all depend on Griffin's assessment of Hunt at 7. If Hunt is doing well in the first few rounds of 2021, you can be sure Saints will pay market price for McInnes. Griffin would be able to sort out any problems with McInnes's game style.

Reactions: jak

Latest posts