What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

Hutty1986

Immortal
And there's the last of the "batting."
Another shitty effort from the milhouses.
Imagine getting rolled by some mong with a top knot.

Bazal

Post Whore
Green doesn't look close to ready for Test cricket. Hasn't looked like scoring...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Green doesn't look close to ready for Test cricket. Hasn't looked like scoring...

I thought he looked like he was trying to play test cricket rather than playing white ball cricket, he's 21 and I would just keep picking him cuz he bowls OK too, his defense looks good

I really think he will be a decent all rounder, atm he is going through his apprenticeship

we shall see

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought he looked like he was trying to play test cricket rather than playing white ball cricket, he's 21 and I would just keep picking him cuz he bowls OK too, his defense looks good

I really think he will be a decent all rounder, atm he is going through his apprenticeship

we shall see

It's no good having him scoring tens off 70 for 15 tests though.

He will very likely be a test player, I'm not suggesting otherwise. I just think he looks very limited in terms of scoring shots at this level. Until recently he was considered a bowling all rounder, his batting has come on in leaps and bounds but he's not getting the freebies he gets at Shield level. He can defend all day but if he doesn't develop scoring options even against good balls then he's wasting a spot.

Sure he's got pressure on him with the top order failing, but he also has to at least find singles and twos

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
2 things are happening here.

1st, Smith is struggling and he's carried us for a long time.

2nd, the two pitches so far are doing something. The mcg pitch has been a road for a long time, it's good to see it providing something for hard working bowlers.

Do I want to see Australia 7 for f**k all? Sometimes, test cricket is at its best when its competitive.

Bazal

Post Whore
2 things are happening here.

1st, Smith is struggling and he's carried us for a long time.

2nd, the two pitches so far are doing something. The mcg pitch has been a road for a long time, it's good to see it providing something for hard working bowlers.

Do I want to see Australia 7 for f**k all? Sometimes, test cricket is at its best when its competitive.

Agree

I'm not happy with the score as a fan, but I'm happy with the match situation as a viewer

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It's no good having him scoring tens off 70 for 15 tests though.

I agree in general but that 10 today was a bit of a learning curve for him, he knows he's not playing Shield cricket now.

I'm glad he didn't come out and start blazing away was the point I was trying to make, albeit poorly

Latest posts