What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the club did a stat run down and he is one of the worst in the comp for slow play the balls. That with his age and likely not to take up his 3rd year option means it was a no brainer. The only catch was Leinu had to re-sign
When will the replacements be name and what is your opinion of the replacement front rowers?

betcats

Referee
Apparently the club did a stat run down and he is one of the worst in the comp for slow play the balls. That with his age and likely not to take up his 3rd year option means it was a no brainer. The only catch was Leinu had to re-sign

The biggest thing that worries me about losing Zane is his odd field leadership. A couple of our young forward spoke about Zane being the guy pushing them to do extras and setting a high standard at training. But that needs to guys like Yeo and Fish doing all that, they are our senior guys now in the pack.

He was really good for us off the bench this year but he just runs straight and hard and hits hard and never goes backwards, eisenhuth plays the same way. He only goes one direction and throws his big body into it, if he can improve a little bit being in our system playing in a reduced bench role I think he is going to suprise some people.

franklin2323

Immortal
When will the replacements be name and what is your opinion of the replacement front rowers?

I have this as our starting pack. It picks itself really.

JFH
Api
Eisenhuth
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

May
Capewell
Leinu
Leota

The issue cap wise was and is the funds locked up in NSW Cup

Mansour $460k
Whare $460k
Tetevano $350k
$500k on Blake and RCG

Makes the cap tight. The guys to come in are expected for the rest of pre season given how short the turnaround is.

All have played FG and under 25 so have an upside. Provided guys like Luai, Crichton etc continue on from last year. We will be right up there

franklin2323

Immortal
The biggest thing that worries me about losing Zane is his odd field leadership. A couple of our young forward spoke about Zane being the guy pushing them to do extras and setting a high standard at training. But that needs to guys like Yeo and Fish doing all that, they are our senior guys now in the pack.

He was really good for us off the bench this year but he just runs straight and hard and hits hard and never goes backwards, eisenhuth plays the same way. He only goes one direction and throws his big body into it, if he can improve a little bit being in our system playing in a reduced bench role I think he is going to suprise some people.

At some stage though guys like Yeo, Fish etc will lift up and be the leaders. Provided no Covid restrictions Gower will be at Training more. St Marys who will feed NSW Cup are going to have a couple of older guys. That will do a few sessions with the guys.

His defence especially will surprise people

Perhaps Ivan has learned a bit off Bellamy during the off season in terms of “turning ordinary into extraordinary” and, therefore, banking on an element of surprise with the likes of Eisenhuth and Rennings

Jane Murray

Bench
For some crimes in the US if the victim is willing to negotiate a financial settlement then criminals can buy their way out of charges. I think this is what happened with lodge, he paid a large amount of cash to his victims.
Yeah I know. He had allegations of domestic violence in Australia too.

At some stage though guys like Yeo, Fish etc will lift up and be the leaders. Provided no Covid restrictions Gower will be at Training more. St Marys who will feed NSW Cup are going to have a couple of older guys. That will do a few sessions with the guys.

His defence especially will surprise people

Fairly certain Yeo at least would’ve already been a leader both on and off the field. He’s been at the club for a long time now.

franklin2323

Immortal
Fairly certain Yeo at least would’ve already been a leader both on and off the field. He’s been at the club for a long time now.

Yeah I am not concerned. SOO would of only helped that. The unknown or concern for me is whether it has a negative affect on Luai and Crichton. You want good habits rubbing off not ego's getting out of hand

murraymob

Coach
Lodge is too expensive no chance he comes. No just more I am keen to see Luai and Crichton's attitude. Now they are paid like SOO reps. Will they cut corners off field or keep working hard.

The positive was they came to training when not needed
No one goes to origin camp and come back worse.the hunger to get there again will be high.All the boys have been training while in there break .some as groups some individual at various gyms around Penrith .
But all training great to see and full credit to them

The_Frog

First Grade
He also tried to murder a family. Who the f**k wants that at our club? Winning is nice but id rather lose with a team of decent blokes
Not sure he tried to murder them. He certainly wasn't charged with that. He did assault a bloke and scared a few people, including kids, out of their wits while on a bender but no-one was seriously hurt. Got community service and deported out of the country. Probably wouldn't have got jail for that here either, Simple Jack didn't. I don't imagine he's paid much of the seven figure damages yet, and not really sure how they (the plaintiffs in the US) can make him. He's only been on decent money a season or two. He'd be sending over just enough to keep the NRL off his case.

He also assaulted his previous partner in Australia.
While I have no doubt this is true, given his obvious issues at the time, it was not reported until much later, after he was granted permission to play NRL at the Broncos, and he was not charged with it, so there appears to be an element of opportunism about it.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
I think a lot of players play their best under Ivan. Go back and look at the 2014 squad he did well with. Luke Brooks a couple seasons ago. He’s no Bellamy but he gets plenty of guys playing better than they were.
I talked to a ex Penrith forward who went to Melbourne and asked what made him better there.he said every position has a role his was simple catch run .he had no role in attack other than this.Defence he had a spot on the field to defend .No more no less
Bellamy simplifies footy plodders can fit in to the system easy

The_Frog

First Grade
I have this as our starting pack. It picks itself really.

JFH
Api
Eisenhuth
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

May
Capewell
Leinu
Leota
Eisenhuth played 14 games at Wests this year, 10 of them in the starting side but only one at prop. I wouldn't start him there first up. Maybe Yeo goes to prop, or otherwise I'd start with Leota.

Crashtest

Juniors
I think a lot of players play their best under Ivan. Go back and look at the 2014 squad he did well with. Luke Brooks a couple seasons ago. He’s no Bellamy but he gets plenty of guys playing better than they were.

Agreed. He is able to get very good performances out of average players. He was able to get his below average 2018 Tigers roster to beat the Storm twice and Roosters once a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts