What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Original Name

Juniors
Has Ivan ever done that in his 14 years of coaching? I doubt he’s got the ability.
Ivan likes to buy under the radar, or underrated players and some reliable second stringer players like MWZ. Barring his weird signing of guys like Mybe on massive deals at the Tigers. You can look at someone like Capewell as a typical Ivan signing. Before that Matterson at the Tigers. James Maloney at the Warriors, etc. To me Eisunhuth seems like a reliable second stringer if we're going to be a top 4 team again.

I've seen a rumour we're interested in Scott Sorensen and that seems like another typical Ivan signing. He can play hooker before anyone complains about signing another second rower no idea about how well he plays there but has played there a bit. Since he can defend in the middle I would assume he has little to no trouble playing 13.

Last edited:
Ivan likes to buy under the radar, or underrated players and some reliable second stringer players like MWZ. Barring his weird signing of guys like Mybe on massive deals at the Tigers. You can look at someone like Capewell as a typical Ivan signing. Before that Matterson at the Tigers. James Maloney at the Warriors, etc. To me Eisunhuth seems like a reliable second stringer if we're going to be a top 4 team again.

I've seen a rumour we're interested in Scott Sorensen and that seems like another typical Ivan signing. He can play hooker before anyone complains about signing another second rower no idea about how well he plays there but has played there a bit. Since he can defend in the middle I would assume he has little to no trouble playing 13.
In Ivan’s weird paying over signings you forgot, on top of Mbye, Packer, Mattulino, Reynolds, and I think McQueen. Good luck.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Good sleuthing. Might be a player swap deal with Tetevano?

From what I recall, he’s a decent player without being brilliant. I think the softer super league defence probably makes him look a bit better than he is.

If we have signed him, I think it’s a smart buy/swap.

franklin2323

Immortal
From what I recall, he’s a decent player without being brilliant. I think the softer super league defence probably makes him look a bit better than he is.

If we have signed him, I think it’s a smart buy/swap.

We are talking number 5 or 6 prop. So that does the job

franklin2323

Immortal

He allows Martin or Kikau to spend time in the middle though. So can offer something to the 17

I didn't forget them I just couldn't be bothered to look them all up. So I just mentioned signings as in plural which includes all of them.
Not having a go at you, just making everyone aware of not trusting Ivan’s left field purchases! At the Panthers he walked into a side on the up, and Barrett was a huge part of last year.

murraymob

Coach
Ava Seumanufagai
West tigers 105 games 5 tries
Cronulla 13 games. 0 tries
Leeds rhinos
Solid player unlikly to hit first grade unless a huge injury toll
Upside is he is on minimum wage so it’s a win situation for the club

maple_69

Bench
Ivan also recruited guys like Kite and Sika Manu and a bunch of others for overs in his first stint with us. It was a stated strategy to bring winners with great attitudes and leadership to the club to stepchange the culture before they started trying to get the absolute most out of the cap to contend.

I think he had the Tigers on the same route, which bore some impressive, pride filled performances before he left. Unfortunately I don’t think just assembling a well cap managed squad will get the Tigers a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.