What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

8FDC7F3B-2FCD-4306-B434-74F4AB996C2B.jpeg
Tigers extended 2021 squad meet before Christmas and commit to each other and the club.

According to reports, the usually relaxed end of year “ back to school” training effort has been replaced by a much tougher and harsher “hit the ground running” regime.

The squad will thin out over the coming months, this is beta testing but with live ammo.

Madge does not take prisoners, his new contract, the faith and trust vested in him will lift him to new heights of coaching effort.

He’s determined to get us into the finals at any cost.

After he got the boot from Souths, he had a number of coaching options. Ends of coaching internationally lol. Not all sacked coaches remain so sought after. It’s the exception not the rule.

He struggled a bit last season, but we all saw how the players liberation army went under their own steam. We all would have waved little red books if the insurgents had achieved anything.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Madge Interview

Madge: I want to win another Premiership
Tigers: yeah but you see we have a culture here, and like yeah we are a footy team who - -
Madge: I want to win another premiership
Tigers: oh, well yeah we do to, but--
Madge: hire me or don't hire me. Its your choice. But if you do I'll be winning you a premiership whatever the cost
Tigers: cost? Well our salary cap is a bit... Tied up
Madge: I'm not talking about money
Tigers: oh.. Your not?
Madge: no. I'm talking about blood.
Tigers: blood?
Madge: oh... There will be blood
Tigers: I'm scared...
Madge: you should be
Tigers: how many years do you need?

gordsy

Juniors
If Cook was injured, McInnes would walk into the Blues side. Apart from Cook, who is a better 9 than McInnes that will be playing next year? C. Smith will probably retire. H Grant will surpass McInnes but you could argue he's not there just yet.

We don't bat an eyelid when we pay 600k for Doueihi but when we pay 700k for Top 3 best hooker in the NRL everyone thinks we are making a mistake?

If we could play McInnes at lock then he would be worth good coin, probably not 700k but still.
if we were going to sign a hooker we sign someone who could teach Simpkins and then move on, someone like a Peter Wallace. Don't sign a bloke with 5 to 7 years left and expect him to mentor.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Some interesting points from the other WT forum...

guy who spoke to Ronnie Palmer said a kid we nabbed from souffs, Ky Rodwell is on a train & trial contract but has impressed massively & could be a Smokey in the 17 (he’s a second rower, former Aust Schoolboys/Souffs Sg Ball captain)

He also goes on to say Stefano is supposedly a lazy trainer & Adam Doueihi isn’t exactly a lock for the number 6 (I wonder if that’s because of the uncertainty around fullback)

Tiger05

First Grade

guy who spoke to Ronnie Palmer said a kid we nabbed from souffs, Ky Rodwell is on a train & trial contract but has impressed massively & could be a Smokey in the 17 (he’s a second rower, former Aust Schoolboys/Souffs Sg Ball captain)

He also goes on to say Stefano is supposedly a lazy trainer & Adam Doueihi isn’t exactly a lock for the number 6 (I wonder if that’s because of the uncertainty around fullback)

Let's wait and see. I'm pretty confident that Doueihi is a lock for the 6 role. I doubt Stefano is doing a Suli.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Let's wait and see. I'm pretty confident that Doueihi is a lock for the 6 role. I doubt Stefano is doing a Suli.

these are words straight from Ronnie palmers mouth, though he is only a fitness coach not a footy coach

also on Stefano, I think he’s trying to say he hasn’t been handling the training load well / isn’t doing recovery properly

Stefano noted the challenges on the official forum.

Some players will always struggle a bit under a new regime. He will eventually buy in and get used to it.

I think he needs to appreciate that our only option to make up the shortfall in talent is hard work.

The new rules make fitness and energy even more pressing.

Madge basically cancelled Christmas in terms of light training runs and getting to know each other.

The players will appreciate Fascist Madge and the New Order when we hit the finals.

Shape up or ship out. You fall behind, no ones coming back to rescue you.

Vic Mackey

Referee

sounds like someone looking for attention, don’t believe any of it

Reading on another forum that we could be swapping Mbye for Milford. Do you go with the devil you know or the devil you don’t. Surely they are as bad as each other. It’s far from the worst idea, perhaps a change will do them both some good.

Shredder

Juniors
I dont hate the idea, but I dont love it either.

I dont see a place for Mbye in the team and as incumbent captain, thats a problem.

Like you say a change of scenery might be good for both of them.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I dont hate the idea, but I dont love it either.

I dont see a place for Mbye in the team and as incumbent captain, thats a problem.

Like you say a change of scenery might be good for both of them.
Mbye is a nonentity who offers nothing.I’m not a fan of the overpaid lazy Milford although unlike Mbye he does possess attacking prowess which has been dormant for a few yrs but as you say a change of scenery could revive his career

Latest posts