What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

Healy used to go whole seasons without missing a chance, his foot work was brilliant. Keepers seem to dive for everything these days, where as Healy got to plenty by using his footwork.

I've never seen anyone better keeping up to the spinners. Such soft hands and nimble movement

To fast bowlers, I honestly think Gilchrist was a bit better. Really used his extra height and athleticism well. Gilly's keeping was criminally underrated IMO, because of the label put on him as being a batsman first. You only have to go through the highlights throughout those years to remind yourself of the brilliant takes he was pulling off consistently

JJ

Immortal
Healy used to go whole seasons without missing a chance, his foot work was brilliant. Keepers seem to dive for everything these days, where as Healy got to plenty by using his footwork.
And John Snow?

TheParraboy

Staff member
And John Snow?

D4MYpO3XoAAjobF.jpg

This bloke Jamieson from NZ makes Cameron Green look like Justin Langer. And a bloody handy bowler.

Like all good kiwis we should get him over the ditch and claim him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I've never seen anyone better keeping up to the spinners. Such soft hands and nimble movement
What about Wadey? Parthiv Patel would have to be up there, too.

To fast bowlers, I honestly think Gilchrist was a bit better. Really used his extra height and athleticism well. Gilly's keeping was criminally underrated IMO, because of the label put on him as being a batsman first. You only have to go through the highlights throughout those years to remind yourself of the brilliant takes he was pulling off consistently
Yep. Gilly was a world class keeper imo. He used to take some screamers off the quicks; but also kept beautifully to Warney.

Lol. Will be interesting to see how he goes overseas, but he’s looking good atm

Mate I thought I’ll watch a bit of NZ v Pakistan with my morning coffee and couldn’t believe my eyes, thought I’d put on the NBA by mistake. Hadnt seen him before. And he bowled something like 11 overs with figures of 2/8. Indeed see how he goes overseas in the future but NZ’s attack now looks world class with him in there.

T-Boon

Coach
I suspect keeping is bad now because it is not important in the modern game of limited overs cricket where the money is. You arent making an IPL team because of keeping.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Channel 7 merkins arguing that bail wasn’t completely off the grove fmd the bail was 6 inches in the air

JJ

Immortal
Mate I thought I’ll watch a bit of NZ v Pakistan with my morning coffee and couldn’t believe my eyes, thought I’d put on the NBA by mistake. Hadnt seen him before. And he bowled something like 11 overs with figures of 2/8. Indeed see how he goes overseas in the future but NZ’s attack now looks world class with him in there.
Yep, he does a lot right and can be a handful...