What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Splinters

Juniors
‘ A Dragon seizing humanity ‘ -

A very adept description of the virus which has literally squeezed the life out of a unsuspecting and a once healthy world , all the way from the land of the imperial dragon .

I do not believe that this fellow is Winnie the Pooh .

The virus is a relatively trivial corona virus. They are everywhere and have been with humans for tens of thousands of years. This psrticular example has killed very few people apart from the elderly and those with severe co-morbidities. The average age of death from covid in Australia is north of 84 years!

And people who are asymptomatic are not spreaders anyway! Yet we are all locked down? Why?

We have shut down the world economy for that?

The lockdowns are and have been absurd and have nothing at all to do with public health and everything to do with the coming totalitarian Great Reset and the associated Build Back Better which perhaps you have heard about.

Of course, the main target of this is the USA and Europe, especially the USA, but now that the powers that be have us all screwed down behind useless and unhygienic masks and in bunkers afraid of an imaginary deadly plague - for which there is no evidence - they can really get down to the main job of entirely shutting down the West.

And enjoy your brownouts as Australia continues dismantling coal -fired power stations while China builds them at breakneck speed.

I really am amazed, People will believe and submit to anything.

Gareth67

First Grade
The virus is a relatively trivial corona virus. They are everywhere and have been with humans for tens of thousands of years. This psrticular example has killed very few people apart from the elderly and those with severe co-morbidities. The average age of death from covid in Australia is north of 84 years!

And people who are asymptomatic are not spreaders anyway! Yet we are all locked down? Why?

The lockdowns are and have been absurd and have nothing at all to do with public health and everything to do with the coming totalitarian Great Reset and the associated Build Back Better which perhaps you have heard about.

Of course, the main target of this is the USA and Europe, especially the USA, but now that the powers that be have us all screwed down behind useless and unhygienic masks and in bunkers afraid of an imaginary deadly plague - for which there is no evidence - they can really get down to the main job of entirely shutting down the West.

And enjoy your brownouts as Australia continues dismantling coal -fired power stations while China builds them at breakneck speed.

Listen mister do not go ramming your crap down my throat . Only an idiot would suggest - say what you have just said . Try telling that to the MILLIONS around the world whom have lost their loved ones to this insidious virus . Tell that to every Australian who have also missed a family member who was not at the X-Mas table this year as they are no longer around .

I could go on however something tells me that whatever common sense I say will not register with an individual such as yourself . Good day dreamer .

jak

Bench
Listen mister do not go ramming your crap down my throat . Only an idiot would suggest - say what you have just said . Try telling that to the MILLIONS around the world whom have lost their loved ones to this insidious virus . Tell that to every Australian who have also missed a family member who was not at the X-Mas table this year as they are no longer around .

I could go on however something tells me that whatever common sense I say will not register with an individual such as yourself . Good day dreamer .
well said mate.

Maddragon99

Juniors
5B417024-462C-49B7-A0B0-81705B2595ED.png

600,000 new cases reported daily
1.76M recorded deaths
330,000 deaths in the US alone

Sounds pretty serious to me

So Hopoate was charged with assault, stalking and drink driving because of his surname ?

LMAO..
I didn’t suggest his surname was the reason he was charged. His surname definitely contributed to the story.
If any other unsigned nobody with a handful of first grade appearances did the same, do you think the headlines would have read “NRL star Neville Nobody has been charged etc etc”

I just find these three headlines pretty pathetic. The media doing their best to be a bunch of dicks.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
His surname definitely contributed to the story.
If any other unsigned nobody with a handful of first grade appearances did the same, do you think the headlines would have read “NRL star Neville Nobody has been charged etc etc”

I just find these three headlines pretty pathetic. The media doing their best to be a bunch of dicks.
Played for Parra: Sacked due to alcohol related incident.
Played for Manly. Sacked and Jailed for a serious assault. Alcohol related.
Played for Brisbane and released 2 months ago. Arrested and charged for violence offences, alcohol related.
Mmm seems like groundhog day and nothing to do with his surname champ

Played for Parra: Sacked due to alcohol related incident.
Played for Manly. Sacked and Jailed for a serious assault. Alcohol related.
Played for Brisbane and released 2 months ago. Arrested and charged for violence offences, alcohol related.
Mmm seems like groundhog day and nothing to do with his surname champ
Hmm ok.
Until today I’d never even heard of him. Champ.

Maddragon99

Juniors
No dramas. Thing is if your going to throw shit sandwiches around you should probably know your shit. Clearly this bloke has major issues and alcohol and violence are bringing him down badly.
After dodging a bullet from Tristan Sailor plus over 2 years of JdB melodrama I’m just thankful we’re out of the news. I’ve noticed Jack’s support on here has started to fade & I must admit I’m also starting to have mixed feelings about his return. Time will tell I guess.

redv13

Bench
After dodging a bullet from Tristan Sailor plus over 2 years of JdB melodrama I’m just thankful we’re out of the news. I’ve noticed Jack’s support on here has started to fade & I must admit I’m also starting to have mixed feelings about his return. Time will tell I guess.
To be honest I have had mixed feelings about him since this crap started 2 years ago. So frustrating

Splinters

Juniors

Splinters

Juniors
Here are some relevant FACTS from well-respected official bodies that that may hep you with your entirely wrong beliefs about this relatively unthreatening disease.

1. Australia has had only 909 deaths as a result of Covid.

2. By comparison, in the year 2019, Australia had 1,194 deaths in car accidents. This is twice the death rate of COVID yet we did not have a panic over that fact and shut down every road and highway or forbid driving. Why not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_Australia_by_year

3. It is a disease that, like any flu, is typically more likely to be fatal among the very elderly. Thus over 90% of Australian fatalities have been people in the age group over 80 and 90 years of age.

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/covid-19-deaths-by-age-group-and-sex

If you are a healthy person, and not of an advanced age, you are almost bulletproof against COVID.

4. As has been stated again and again by medical authorities around the world, COVID is not asymptomatically contagious. That is, you can get it only from a person who has symptomsand if your own immune system is weak. So why must every be locked up in their house whether they have symptoms or not?

Here is a link to a study, published in the November issue of the peer-reviewed scientific journal Nature Communications. The article recounts its study of 9,899,828 (Yes, almost 10 million people!) residents of Wuhan, screening them between May 14, 2020 and June 1, 2020. The results provided clear evidence as to the possibility of any asymptomatic transmission of the virus.

Out of the nearly 10 million people in the study, results revealed “300 asymptomatic cases” were found. Utilizing contact tracing, of those 300, not a single case of COVID-19 were detected in any of them.

“A total of 1,174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19,” the study concluded.

Both the asymptomatic patients and their contacts were placed in isolation for a period of no less than two weeks and the results remained the same. “None of detected positive cases or their close contacts became symptomatic or newly confirmed with COVID-19 during the isolation period,” the study found.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

Takeaway? Throw away that filthy unhygienic rag you are wearing and get back to living and enjoying your life.

5. People under the age of 60 and children and young adults in particular very, very rarely catch this virus and if they do, do not become ill except in the rarest of cases. So why are schools and unversities closed?

6. The figures that you quote for the United States are wildly, wildly inaccurate. In the USA, hospitals classify almost every death as a COVID death because they receive substantial funding for every "case" and "fatality" that they identify. This is explained in the following article:

https://www.ksby.com/news/coronavirus/health-officials-explain-what-determines-a-covid-19-death

"Oregon, if you die in a car crash in that state and previously tested positive for COVID-19 that's automatically considered a COVID-19 death."!!!!

Examples of this kind of silliness (and medical fraud) abound in the USA.

7. Again, as the figures above show, COVID is not a deadly plague that threatens to wipe out substantial numbers of people (like the 1918 flu) but is a disease with fatality rate of around just 99.9x%, depending on the age group.

8. This tyrannical and absurd shutdown of our lives - and the fact that people will certainly be forced to take a dangerous and untested new vaccine that uses entirely novel MRNA technology - has nothing to do with your heatlth, you can be 100% sure of that.

Here are some relevant FACTS from well-respected official bodies that that may hep you with your entirely wrong beliefs about this relatively unthreatening disease.

2. By comparison, in the year 2019, Australia had 1,194 deaths in car accidents. This is twice the death rate of COVID yet we did not have a panic over that fact and shut down every road and highway or forbid driving. Why not?

3. It is a disease that, like any flu, is typically more likely to be fatal among the very elderly. Thus over 90% of Australian fatalities have been people in the age group over 80 and 90 years of age.

If you are a healthy person, and not of an advanced age, you are almost bulletproof against COVID.

4. As has been stated again and again by medical authorities around the world, COVID is not asymptomatically contagious. That is, you can get it only from a person who has symptomsand if your own immune system is weak. So why must every be locked up in their house whether they have symptoms or not?

Here is a link to a study, published in the November issue of the peer-reviewed scientific journal Nature Communications. The article recounts its study of 9,899,828 (Yes, almost 10 million people!) residents of Wuhan, screening them between May 14, 2020 and June 1, 2020. The results provided clear evidence as to the possibility of any asymptomatic transmission of the virus.

Out of the nearly 10 million people in the study, results revealed “300 asymptomatic cases” were found. Utilizing contact tracing, of those 300, not a single case of COVID-19 were detected in any of them.

“A total of 1,174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19,” the study concluded.

Both the asymptomatic patients and their contacts were placed in isolation for a period of no less than two weeks and the results remained the same. “None of detected positive cases or their close contacts became symptomatic or newly confirmed with COVID-19 during the isolation period,” the study found.

Takeaway? Throw away that filthy unhygienic rag you are wearing and get back to living and enjoying your life.

5. People under the age of 60 and children and young adults in particular very, very rarely catch this virus and if they do, do not become ill except in the rarest of cases. So why are schools and unversities closed?

6. The figures that you quote for the United States are wildly, wildly inaccurate. In the USA, hospitals classify almost every death as a COVID death because they receive substantial funding for every "case" and "fatality" that they identify. This is explained in the following article:

https://www.ksby.com/news/coronavirus/health-officials-explain-what-determines-a-covid-19-death

"Oregon, if you die in a car crash in that state and previously tested positive for COVID-19 that's automatically considered a COVID-19 death."!!!!

7. Again, as the figures above show, COVID is not a deadly plague that threatens to wipe out substantial numbers of people (like the 1918 flu) but is a disease with fatality rate of around just 99.9x%, depending on the age group.

8. This tyrannical and absurd shutdown of our lives - and the fact that people will certainly be forced to take a dangerous and untested new vaccine that uses entirely novel MRNA technology - has nothing to do with your heatlth, you can be 100% sure of that.
If only all these millions of people stopped pretending to die.

lol this old chestnut.

Gareth67

First Grade

You are entitled to your point of view , however I would say with or without any statistics from whatever source that you may wish to quote , will not change my mind about that there is a chance of illness perhaps even death coming from the virus for those unfortunate enough to be infected with it . One only needs to see the complete foolhardiness of those who flout the restrictions in place by traveling to areas not affected only to pass the virus on .

I shall continue to wash my hands and wear a mask as that is my choice , the reason why ?

Well I realize that people who are “ north of 84 “ don’t count for anything as far as you are concerned , but I am not that far ooff the magical number myself and that dear sir scares the crap out of me .

Last edited:

redv13

Bench

Stick to footy chat preferably Dragons footy chat

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors