What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

mozza91

Coach
It’s doesn’t matter whether it’s 7 or fox all I hear is a pommy chicks flicking their beans over Australia losing.

I’m not saying we need more Australian commentators but maybe pick someone who isn’t outwardly following whoever we’re against?

Serious question... is Labuschange more Smith or more Voges?

lots of guys have stellar 12 mths, have people gotten carried away?

He’s been our top run scorer this match, just ahead of Wade, and a scrambling 47 in our first innings in Adelaide, only Paine was superior. The Indian bowling in Adelaide was impeccable in the first innings, and impeccable here in Melbourne both innings. Even more impressive given Shami is out..

India have been on top for the majority of both tests but their batting calamity has masked issues with our batting.

My concern isn’t with Labuschagne, and I think he’s a genuine long term batsman.

We’ve just been found out without Warner and our usually “bankable” runs from Smith. No other batsman can be considered certainties moving forward apart from Lab.

JJ

Immortal
He’s been our top run scorer this match, just ahead of Wade, and a scrambling 47 in our first innings in Adelaide, only Paine was superior. The Indian bowling in Adelaide was impeccable in the first innings, and impeccable here in Melbourne both innings. Even more impressive given Shami is out..

India have been on top for the majority of both tests but their batting calamity has masked issues with our batting.

My concern isn’t with Labuschagne, and I think he’s a genuine long term batsman.

We’ve just been found out without Warner and our usually “bankable” runs from Smith. No other batsman can be considered certainties moving forward apart from Lab.
Almost like for every run he’s scored he’s had luck...

not saying he’s the problem, just questioning whether he might be more like his first class record in reality

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Almost like for every run he’s scored he’s had luck...

not saying he’s the problem, just questioning whether he might be more like his first class record in reality
Usual thing I reckon. He came from the clouds and bowlers didn't know much about him. Now he's been analysed they've come up with plans to reduce his favourite scoring zones and so make him take more risks if he wants to score.

Is he good enough to change his game? Yes but I don't think he's anywhere near Smith (or your mate Williamson ;)) class

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts