What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

Almost like for every run he’s scored he’s had luck...

not saying he’s the problem, just questioning whether he might be more like his first class record in reality

Yeah I understand. Firstly for me..India are a quality attack. They were two years ago and even minus Sharma n Shami for this test, they’ve bowled extremely well.

Far superior than previous tourists in NZ, Pakistan and Sri Lanka who were average at best.

Labuschagne killed it last summer against pedestrian bowling. So those runs are possibly “inflated”. He did outstanding in England of course.

I think Lab is still class though. Around a 40 to mid-40’s average bat perhaps.

I just wouldn’t be comparing any Australian batsman to last summer... More look at England in England and India two summers ago to determine truly where batsmen are at in their performance / value (Outside of Warner and Smith who are the exceptions here..).

JJ

Immortal
Usual thing I reckon. He came from the clouds and bowlers didn't know much about him. Now he's been analysed they've come up with plans to reduce his favourite scoring zones and so make him take more risks if he wants to score.

Is he good enough to change his game? Yes but I don't think he's anywhere near Smith (or your mate Williamson ;)) class
Atm he’s getting a feeling for what Williamson faces behind at least one dodgy opener

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This Test, incredibly, is not over yet.

There's a case to be made that Australia's nos. 8, 9 and 10 are just as good as half of the top 6 at scoring tough runs.

So if they can somehow muster a 3-figure leader then a lot of stranger things have happened.

tenor.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
Green should bat for the average here. At worst, a good chunk of time in the middle will be great for him