What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

Front-Rower

First Grade
Why is Steve Smith failing? He’s coming in at 2/30 or 40 with the weight of the world on his shoulders to fix it. Problems are at the very top of the order.

mozza91

Coach
Green and Cummins playing in the v to the quicks and don’t look like getting out. It’s not that hard.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Green should bat for the average here. At worst, a good chunk of time in the middle will be great for him
I've think he's shown something about in every innings he has played, he's looked calm and composed and shown a good technique and temperament. Hope he can kick on a score a few to cement his spot.

This Test, incredibly, is not over yet.

There's a case to be made that Australia's nos. 8, 9 and 10 are just as good as half of the top 6 at scoring tough runs.

So if they can somehow muster a 3-figure leader then a lot of stranger things have happened.

Very true.

Tough ask but we’ve arguably got the best tail in world cricket. I just hope we don’t get to 8 or 9 down and they just start flaying the bat like they regularly do...

Hazlewood can hold up an end, and even score decent runs... whoever is with him at the death shouldn’t just lose their head and swing like a gate in a cyclone... it annoys the shit out of me when they do that.. just nudge out as much as they can, an extra 20 or 30 can be vital in tests..

Granted, it shouldnt be up to bowlers to do a batsman’s job when they’ve failed but at the same time they need keep their heads when batting - and realise they can ALL bat..

I've think he's shown something about in every innings he has played, he's looked calm and composed and shown a good technique and temperament. Hope he can kick on a score a few to cement his spot.

Garden gnome will meditate and earth all the talent out of him within 6-12 months

JJ

Immortal
Why is Steve Smith failing? He’s coming in at 2/30 or 40 with the weight of the world on his shoulders to fix it. Problems are at the very top of the order.
Welcome to the world of Martin Crowe, Kane Williamson, Shivnarine Chanderpaul etc... harden up if that’s the case

Tommy Smith

Referee
tenor.gif
unnamed (1).gif

JJ

Immortal
Paine's clearly being judged through the lens of history and time, rather than the status quo.

In the modern game, he's a good keeper. Compared to the past, he's pretty shocking.
That’s just rubbish... you probably believe John Snow is the greatest quick ever too?

Bazal

Post Whore
Paine's clearly being judged through the lens of history and time, rather than the status quo.

In the modern game, he's a good keeper. Compared to the past, he's pretty shocking.

I think we remember Gilly with a little bit of rose coloured glasses, because he was such a freakish batsman, to be fair. He was a very good keeper when he was on but he could be ordinary too, especially early on. Same for Haddin, who really spent his best years as second fiddle.

Healy was the best easily but really once top level keepers needed to be worthy top seven bats in their own right I think the art of keeping faded a bit. I think at 35 Paine is going to miss some big movements, but on the whole he's a quality keeper and stacks up ok with the gloves to the last couple of Aussie keepers at least.

JJ

Immortal
Old Kane didn’t look to crash hot coming in early against our attack last summer.
Nope... that’s what I meant, coming in early with the weight of the world on your shoulders is f**king tough, but he generally goes well, as will Smith... as I said earlier good to know he’s human