What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mangina Bowl VI Discussion

skeepe

Immortal
Congratulations Gruden’s QB Camp on going back-to-back and winning the Super Bowlcut V

The result was an emphatic smack down on the plucky Year of The Diamond Dogs, who did well to stay in the fight for as long as they did.

In the end it was pure Pwnage with Kamara and Adams dropping the hammer with a combined 9 td’s.

The best team of 2020 deservedly took home the coveted Mangina Trophy, the question now is, are we looking at a dynasty here?!

The Grudens are well and truly stacked and are looking down the barrel lustily at another Mangina in next years Super Bowlcut VI.

The timing for some expansion teams in the FoSL teams to help thin out this formidable Grudens list could not come any sooner!

:boom::dizzy::boom::dizzy::boom::dizzy::champagne: :trophy: :champagne::dizzy::boom::dizzy::boom::dizzy::boom:

Thanks, and a massive shoutout to zj for running the best fantasy comp I’ve been involved in.

As for a dynasty, it’s going to take a shitload of luck. This team was built around Alvin Kamara’s rookie deal. With that coming to an end, I have some hard decisions to make with no less than 19 players off contract, including the dynamic duo of Kamara and Adams.

Something tells me that even if I do manage to bring Kamara back, it won’t be for $1,000

zombie jesus

Staff member
Coming soon...
Untitled-1.jpg

zombie jesus

Staff member
Rule Changes

Starting Line Up

Added 1 IDP flex spot

18 starters total: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE flex, 3DL, 3LB, 3DB, 1IDP flex

This was suggested by Tom, adds a bit extra to think about.

Injured Reserve

Due to Covid we had unlimited IR slots, we'll keep those unlimited slots, players on IR will have a 25% discount on their salary.

Trade off here, unlimited slots but less cap relief.

Taxi Squad
Increased to 6 slots.

2021 rookies will be treated as usual, nominated for the Taxi Squad before the season kicks off and can be promoted with their adjusted salary and owner's choice of years as per our rules.

The big change here is they can be demoted again along with any player with less than three years experience (that's 2019, 2020 and 2021 rookies).

These players can be moved back and forth from the Taxi Squad throughout the season and they keep their contract status (so 2021 rookies get a contract assigned when they're first promoted, but can be demoted again and maintain their original contract).

The catch is once you promote a player from the Taxi Squad you cannot move them back down for three weeks, they will be locked on your active roster (you can still cut them) for 21 days.

Example: I nominate Zaven Collins to the Taxi Squad in the preseason, I decide to promote him in Week 3, I assign a contract to him and he's on my active roster for a minimum 21 days, after the 3 weeks I can demote him again, if I bring him up again in Week 10, again he is locked in for 21 days and he keeps the contract I assigned him in Week 3.
It's the same process for year 2 and 3 players, however they keep their contract years/salary.

Please ask questions about this one if it needs clarity.

We had a request for extra slots, added 2, see how we go with two new teams and another request for expanded eligibility which I think is a goer.

Salary Cap Penalties
Cap penalties have been increased from 20% to 25%.

Make managing the cap a tiny bit harder.

Restricted Free Agents
Reduced from 2 to 1.

This is because we're in our 5th year so 5th year options for 1st rounders are kicking in.

I've actioned all of these for now, but they can be discussed and changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Salary cap adjustments from last season have been applied.

You can go ahead and cut players if you like, cap hits will be assigned automatically if you cut a contracted player. Only keep players with zero years contracted if you plan on franchising/transition tagging or using an RFA tag.

Hold players with 0.5 contract years, these players have their 5th year option up which you will need to nominate on when the time comes.

One franchise or transition tag (Zero contract years).
One renegotiation (Minimum 1 contract year).
One restricted free agents (Zero contract years, picked up via blind bid waivers last season).
For RFA status, click on the player on your roster and then their transaction history, if it says: Acquired via waivers for $XXXX.XX then he is eligible.

I'll get in touch when we officially start rolling, we'll get our tags etc done, followed by the expansion draft, then rookie draft and free agency.

Costs of transition, franchise and development squad promotions for 2021 here https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/...tion-franchise-transition-tag-amounts.460900/

I'll update the rules thread in time....

Any questions send an email or tag me on the forum so I don't miss it.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Rule Changes

Starting Line Up
Added 1 IDP flex spot

18 starters total: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE flex, 3DL, 3LB, 3DB, 1IDP flex

This was suggested by Tom, adds a bit extra to think about.

Injured Reserve

Due to Covid we had unlimited IR slots, we'll keep those unlimited slots, players on IR will have a 25% discount on their salary.

Trade off here, unlimited slots but less cap relief.

Taxi Squad
Increased to 6 slots.

2021 rookies will be treated as usual, nominated for the Taxi Squad before the season kicks off and can be promoted with their adjusted salary and owner's choice of years as per our rules.

The big change here is they can be demoted again along with any player with less than three years experience (that's 2019, 2020 and 2021 rookies).

These players can be moved back and forth from the Taxi Squad throughout the season and they keep their contract status (so 2021 rookies get a contract assigned when they're first promoted, but can be demoted again and maintain their original contract).

The catch is once you promote a player to the Taxi Squad you cannot move them back down for three weeks, they will be locked on your active roster (you can still cut them) for 21 days.

Example: I nominate Zaven Collins to the Taxi Squad in the preseason, I decide to promote him in Week 3, I assign a contract to him and he's on my active roster for a minimum 21 days, after the 3 weeks I can demote him again, if I bring him up again in Week 10, again he is locked in for 14 days and he keeps the contract I assigned him in Week 3.
It's the same process for year 2 and 3 players, however they keep their contract years/salary.

Please ask questions about this one if it needs clarity.

We had a request for extra slots, added 2, see how we go with two new teams and another request for expanded eligibility which I think is a goer.

Salary Cap Penalties
Cap penalties have been increased from 20% to 25%.

Make managing the cap a tiny bit harder.

Restricted Free Agents
Reduced from 2 to 1.

This is because we're in our 5th year so 5th year options for 1st rounders are kicking in.

I've actioned all of these for now, but they can be discussed and changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Salary cap adjustments from last season have been applied.

You can go ahead and cut players if you like, cap hits will be assigned automatically if you cut a contracted player. Only keep players with zero years contracted if you plan on franchising/transition tagging or using an RFA tag.

Hold players with 0.5 contract years, these players have their 5th year option up which you will need to nominate on when the time comes.

One franchise or transition tag (Zero contract years).
One renegotiation (Minimum 1 contract year).
One restricted free agents (Zero contract years, picked up via blind bid waivers last season).
For RFA status, click on the player on your roster and then their transaction history, if it says: Acquired via waivers for $XXXX.XX then he is eligible.

I'll get in touch when we officially start rolling, we'll get our tags etc done, followed by the expansion draft, then rookie draft and free agency.

Costs of transition, franchise and development squad promotions for 2021 here https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/...tion-franchise-transition-tag-amounts.460900/

I'll update the rules thread in time....

Any questions send an email or tag me on the forum so I don't miss it.

nick87

Coach
Dropped from Wentzville:

Carson Wentz QB, 0 years
Nick Mullen QB, 0 years

Kallen Ballage RB, 0 years
Davonta Freeman RB, 0 years
Aaron Jones RB, 0 years
Boston Scott RB, 0 years

Brandin Cooks WR, 0 years
Alshon Jeffery WR, 0 years

Harrison Bryant TE, 0 years

Geno Atkins DT, 1 year $2000
Frank Clark DE, 0 years
Trey Hendrickson DE, 0 years

De'Vontre Campbell LB, 0 years
Eric Kendricks LB, 0 years
Avery Williamson LB, 0 years
Christian Kirksey LB, 1 year $4500
Mack Wilson LB, 2 years $5500

Mike Hilton CB, 0 years
Anthony Harris S, 0 years
Marcus Maye S, 0 years

nick87

Coach
Promote from Taxi Squad
Kyle Dugger, S - 3 years
Xavier McKinney S - 2 years

Dropped:
K'Von Wallace

zombie jesus

Staff member
We will finalise numbers for the expansion draft once we get through the tags, RFAs etc. Then we'll be able to look at how the rosters sit and come up with a fair solution.

abpanther

Staff member
Thanks ZJ, doing an awesome job mate of running this league

I've gone ahead and cut most 0 year players

Regarding the proposed rule changes, my 2 cents

Adding IDP spot

No, I think we've already got plenty of IDPs don't need any more games decided by a freak IDP performance, also further dilutes the FA pool

IR spots
Yep I'm ok with this while we continue having unlimited spots

Taxi Squad
I'm not a fan of either rule change proposed, I think 4 spots is plenty especially with two extra teams added, it means owners have to make tough decisions and there may be gems released into the FA pool that owners can capitalise on. I think the promotion/demotion option just makes it easier for owners to keep talent which isn't always ideal with an expanding league, I also think it will be a nightmare to manage and keep track of throughout the season. Best to keep it simple IMO

Salary cap penalties
Yep

RFAs
Yep