What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

IFR33K

Coach
He struggled to find form after 18 months out of the game but still playing a professional sport. 2 entire years doing nothing at 32 years of age has all but killed any chance he has in the nrl.

T-Boon

Coach
He is past it. Waste of money and a shit influence

It remains to be seen if he is past it. He may well not be. His skill set as a play maker is exactly what every team in the NRL needs especially us. I would not have him as an outside back. Maybe off the bench as a rover, free styler.
I'd have him train with the club for a month to see where he is at before he either heads to England to carve up like Gary's mum or if he looks good sign him up on okay money $250k or so.

blue bags

First Grade
Whats the most foul is he does all this grubby shit then punches out a few jesus phrases. Praise the lord hey....

It remains to be seen if he is past it. He may well not be. His skill set as a play maker is exactly what every team in the NRL needs especially us. I would not have him as an outside back. Maybe off the bench as a rover, free styler.
I'd have him train with the club for a month to see where he is at before he either heads to England to carve up like Gary's mum or if he looks good sign him up on okay money $250k or so.
yes he is a father, married, settling down, and has god on his side now,
give him another chance ;)

Eelementary

Post Whore
He wouldn't be the first shitmerkin we signed - Manu Ma'u, Ken Edwards, Danny Wicks, Kirisome Auva'a, even Blake Ferguson...they all had troubled pasts outside of the game, and we signed them, and they mostly turned out good signings for us.

However, my biggest concern with Hayne is his ego, and potentially poor influence in the side.

While it's true that we have leaders in the team now like Gutherson, Mahoney, Nathan Brown, Matterson, Ferguson, etc., I'm not sure if they can keep Hayne in line.

If he beats his charges, he may be grateful for an opportunity to finish his footy career, and give his all.

But he's just as likely to phone it in, and be a disruptive presence.

Given his off-field issues, and poor on-field form, he wouldn't cost a whole lot, so that is a pro.

He may be a decent replacement for Michael Jennings.

I'm not convinced we should make a play for him, though.

T-Boon

Coach
While it's true that we have leaders in the team now like Gutherson, Mahoney, Nathan Brown, Matterson, Ferguson, etc., I'm not sure if they can keep Hayne in line.

Moses? He is more influential than all but 1 of those guys you listed.

T-Boon

Coach
Moses is like Hayne, when things go bad he has that personality that he ends up getting all the blame. Whereas someone like Gutherson gets none.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He struggled to find form after 18 months out of the game but still playing a professional sport. 2 entire years doing nothing at 32 years of age has all but killed any chance he has in the nrl.
Or just about any sport I'd say. Unless he wants to take up darts...Although I'm not sure he can be trusted with sharp objects.

T-Boon

Coach
Moses is no leader.

He seems like THE leader to me. When we are playing well it is because of him. He does all the talking. He is well spoken off the field. Tackles above his weight when others are bludging. etc.

I don't understand where the Moses hating brigade is coming from but it is very similar to the Hayne hating brigade.

Latest posts