What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Brent Naden - positive test to a recreational drug on grand final night

Saxon

Bench
I'm a Kingswood High survivor. What years was your mate there? I was 83 to 86, it was no problem to get the real deal back then if you wanted it.
He was a couple of years older than me, so probably 78-81, something like that.
And yeah, if it was your thing (it wasn't mine, all my money seemed to go on keeping my trail bike running) there certainly seemed plenty around back then.

Kamara

Juniors
Has a line of coke on grand final night.... boohooo... another beat up.

why do they even test for recs then... jesus

blue bags

First Grade
I believe , no druggoz were consumed, its a false test, reading
some counseling and thats it :)

blue bags

First Grade
He was a couple of years older than me, so probably 78-81, something like that.
And yeah, if it was your thing (it wasn't mine, all my money seemed to go on keeping my trail bike running) there certainly seemed plenty around back then.
yz 80

T-Boon

Coach
This is just more evidence piling up that the players should all have day jobs or be going to Uni.
They need to be in the real world away from the club influence and other players as much as possible.

T-Boon

Coach
Yeah, because someone with a day job or is a uni student would never do a line of coke...

I think your average person is less likely to do dumb stuff than rugby league players. They spend too much time together, they don't get enough outside perspective, they become like a gang, the role models around the clubs are not good enough, the people that hang around with them are scummy bikie types and the like.
I am not worried about a bit of cocaine use, but you put that on top of every other dumb thing RL/NRL players do and worse the reputation of the game because of it then something big needs to happen.
They need to have busier lives away from the game and be working towards something. They spend too much time in NRL world.

First Grade
Been a while since someone said that to me. :eek:
Before that I had an RM 80, then a XR125.
I used to race on a YZ 80 F back when the XR75 was a thing. My brother was upper class he got a brand new YZ 80 H when they came out (first of the watercooled ones)

The_Frog

First Grade
"Having established that the ingestion of the cocaine was out-of-competition and not for performance enhancing purposes" (from the link in the post above).

So he didn't have it the night before after all? Either way, he's been bashed over the head with a feather.

some11

Referee
Remember when players said they deserved a cap of $10mill and we’re going to be partners in growing the game?
Time to be more professional.

Athletes in other major sports leagues outside of australia usually know when they're being tested lol

blue bags

First Grade
I used to race on a YZ 80 F back when the XR75 was a thing. My brother was upper class he got a brand new YZ 80 H when they came out (first of the watercooled ones)
we had Yamaha yz80, Suzuki rm80, Kawasaki kx80 my bike,
others rode around on Honda cr80, all 2 stroke as you know