What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

simmo05

Bench
Chris Adler is my favourite drummer.

But honestly - Art Cruz is a beast.

He is able to drum in that unique Lamb Of God way, but still sound like Art Cruz, if that makes sense.

The new album sounds like "old", or "clasic" Lamb Of God, but I'm loving it.
Raymond Herrera and Matt Greiner are my all time faves. Both f**king sick drummers!!

simmo05

Bench
Both are animals.

Alex Bent is a beast, too.
Trivium are one of my favorites!

On another note, I have been looking into metal bands which have a female influence. I have 2 girls about 8 and 12, both learning electric guitar and drums, and am trying to steer them away from that mainstream pus that infects the airwaves. They were very impressed with the singer from jinjer, she is f**kin amazing. Anyone else got some ideas? Doesn't have to be vocals, instruments will do too

Eelementary

Post Whore

On another note, I have been looking into metal bands which have a female influence. I have 2 girls about 8 and 12, both learning electric guitar and drums, and am trying to steer them away from that mainstream pus that infects the airwaves. They were very impressed with the singer from jinjer, she is f**kin amazing. Anyone else got some ideas? Doesn't have to be vocals, instruments will do too

Unleash The Archers
Arch Enemy
Halestorm
Eluveitie
Winds Of Plague (keyboard player)
Bolt Thrower
Electric Wizard

adamkungl

Immortal

lady vocalists

Unleash the Archers released the best power metal album in years (apex, 2017) not long ago and have another coming soon
Nightwish and Epica are the quintessential female fronted metal bands, both have a long history of good material.
Lacuna Coil and Arch Enemy have their moments, and Evanescence had theirs in the early 2000s.

adamkungl

Immortal
Unfortunately instrumental female members of big name metal bands are harder to find...
Some noteworthy ones though:

Voyager - (Australian) guitarist Simone Moy, and have had female bassists in the past
Code Orange - Reba Myers is a guitarist and founding member
Ensiferum until recently had ladies on keyboards
Kylesa - Laura Pleasents on guitar as well as vocals
and classic death metal band Bolt Thrower had Jo Bench on bass for all albums

Pommy

Coach

Doro Pesch Not to everyone’s taste but seems the obvious one.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Late entry in the my album of the year stakes, I think this one has pipped all the others for the crown. Probably the best black metal release I’ve heard in the the last 5 years, just massive and terrifying sounding:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Came across ‘Eyes Wide Open’ as an ad on Instagram. Swedish metal band. Nothing you haven’t heard before but really digging them. They’ve been around for a while but still seem fairly small. Got into them very quickly and it usually takes me a few listens to get into new metal bands

Jim Rockford

Bench

While not actually metal, see if they like Sleater-Kinney. Like I said not metal but they definitely rock.

Latest posts