What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Think we only have 26 players signed at moment (that's excluding MJ) so I reckon Roache will be promoted from development to top 30. Should have a fair bit left to sign decent centre of the calibre of Corey Allen although think he is asking too much. BA likes nothing better than a new year's sale bargain, only ever buys on Black Friday sales.

Could be that if we buy another quality centre then them and Opacic are centres with Blake possibly replacing Ferguson or Sivo particularly if one injured.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
BA likes nothing better than a new year's sale bargain, only ever buys on Black Friday sales.
Nah on a few fronts:
  • BA doesn't manage the salary cap in its entirety and I'm fairly certain that he doesn't unilaterally decide how much to pay a player.
  • We were previously over the salary cap and performing poorly.
  • We are now under the salary cap and performing strongly
  • We are now also in a position where as a strong club we don't have to pay overs to attract quality players.

Gronk

Staff member
Nah on a few fronts:
  • BA doesn't manage the salary cap in its entirety and I'm fairly certain that he doesn't unilaterally decide how much to pay a player.
  • We are now also in a position where as a strong club we don't have to pay overs to attract quality players.

Yep merkins need to move on from the BA bashing. If you listen to the Mark O podcast, he’s very much the cap juggler and heads the retention committee. He said that BA and the team recognised our need of depth and he has delivered. Nice that he threw BA a few projects in Hipgrave and Cartwright!

84 Baby

Referee
Nah on a few fronts:
But also why wouldn’t we? Can’t blame him for buying late for a Menko replacement when we can’t even cut him from the books yet, and apart from that our starters are already signed, so remaining signings are going to be bench options at best, may as well aim to get them as cheap as possible

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But also why wouldn’t we? Can’t blame him for buying late for a Menko replacement when we can’t even cut him from the books yet, and apart from that our starters are already signed, so remaining signings are going to be bench options at best, may as well aim to get them as cheap as possible

Agreed, merkin.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Nah on a few fronts:
  • Black Friday sales are in November

Glenneel

Bench
Nah on a few fronts:
It was a joke, chill out people and have a great new year, hopefully.