What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

In all seriousness, unless the Storm has kept a big chunk of room in its salary cap, I suspect Cam is done and dusted playing in the NRL. Its January 2021 and many clubs are well into pre-season training, how many clubs would have a lot of room currently in its salary cap to be able to sign him on the salary he'd probably request?

Smug Panther

First Grade
In all seriousness, unless the Storm has kept a big chunk of room in its salary cap, I suspect Cam is done and dusted playing in the NRL. Its January 2021 and many clubs are well into pre-season training, how many clubs would have a lot of room currently in its salary cap to be able to sign him on the salary he'd probably request?
Its Cam Smith the NRL would turn the blind eye if a club wants him

redVinme

Bench

Roosters. Always the roosters

Saxon

Bench
Seen him play live plenty of times and not once did I come away from one of those games thinking how good he was. Never once got excited to go to a game because he was playing.

Yep, you're right. very rarely was Cam exciting to watch.

The excitement came from Slater, Paps, Cronk, Munster, Addo-Carr, King, Korobete, Waqa, Hoffman, Inglis, Geyer, Chambers, Folau, Asofa-Solomona and a string of other names with long highlight reels. Pretty much all Smith ever did was put the ball in the right place at the right time to let the other guys do their stuff. All he did was see opportunities and put the ball where it needed to be for his team mates to take those opportunities. All he did was put his players where they had space, where they could hit a gap, where they had the right angle to make an opponent over commit or commit to the wrong man. All he did was deliver the ball where it needed to be when it needed to be there.

That's all he did. For nineteen years. For Melbourne, QLD and Australia. And no-one in the history of the game has ever been anywhere near as good at it as Cameron.

Generalzod

Immortal
Yep, you're right. very rarely was Cam exciting to watch.

The excitement came from Slater, Paps, Cronk, Munster, Addo-Carr, King, Korobete, Waqa, Hoffman, Inglis, Geyer, Chambers, Folau, Asofa-Solomona and a string of other names with long highlight reels. Pretty much all Smith ever did was put the ball in the right place at the right time to let the other guys do their stuff. All he did was see opportunities and put the ball where it needed to be for his team mates to take those opportunities. All he did was put his players where they had space, where they could hit a gap, where they had the right angle to make an opponent over commit or commit to the wrong man. All he did was deliver the ball where it needed to be when it needed to be there.

That's all he did. For nineteen years. For Melbourne, QLD and Australia. And no-one in the history of the game has ever been anywhere near as good at it as Cameron.
I wonder how he would have went if he didn’t play with the likes of Slater,Addo-Car, Cronk, Inglis and co do you think he would have went that well playing for a lowly team ?

AJB1102

First Grade
I love it. The people who need to know know he's retired. The media will never have the chance to report the retirement of the GOAT. He just wondered off when his current deal expired.

Saxon

Bench
I wonder how he would have went if he didn’t play with the likes of Slater,Addo-Car, Cronk, Inglis and co do you think he would have went that well playing for a lowly team ?
I certainly think he would have improved any team he was in. Would he have taken cellar dwellers to premierships? I don't know, but imagine for example what could have been with some of those Warriors teams that seemed to have heaps of talent but no direction.

mozza91

Coach
Will Chambers highlight reel would be something to behold.

Hours upon of hours of him murdering overlaps.

Latest posts