What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2020/21, (3 T20's, 2 Tests)

Meth

Staff member
Maybe one more wicket in this session for us to be truly on top

Meth

Staff member
Oh dear. Taylor drops a sitter off Henry's bowling. His luck couldn't get any worse.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Looking forward to seeing Jamieson bowl in non-nz conditions. Might not happen for awhile though.

Seems to be taking the McGrath approach. Good length, height gets extra bounce, make the batsmen play as often as possible.

JohnDoe

Juniors
On the whole bar Jamieson, the bowlers have been very poor today. Wiliamson should look at putting a third man in place with the number of runs Pakistan are getting in that area.

JJ

Immortal
Taylor’s f**k up has been costly

lots of good deliveries I thought, but Azhar in particular has been excellent

Williamson will have to adjust fields and bowling partnerships

Meth

Staff member
On the whole bar Jamieson, the bowlers have been very poor today.

A little harsh, perhaps, but not far off it.

I think Southee has been pretty good again.

Boult, first spell aside, has been pretty poor. Henry unlucky, but loose at times.

JohnDoe

Juniors
Taylor’s f**k up has been costly

lots of good deliveries I thought, but Azhar in particular has been excellent

Williamson will have to adjust fields and bowling partnerships

Good chance Pakistan may have been all out or closed to it by now, if Taylor takes the catch.

JohnDoe

Juniors
A little harsh, perhaps, but not far off it.

I think Southee has been pretty good again.

Boult, first spell aside, has been pretty poor. Henry unlucky, but loose at times.

Boult has been rubbish for a while now. In his last 10 test matches (over the last 2 years) excluding today, he has taken 30 wickets at an average of 34.47. His average last year in test was 47.33.

Meth

Staff member
Pakistan finish 297. Probably an even day. A little psychological win to dismiss them for less than 300, I suppose.

Boult bludges 2 wickets for a flattering return.

JJ

Immortal
Think we’re a bit ahead but they did really well

Azhar was masterful, and there’s a lot to like about Rizwan and Faheem, the latter is a quality cricketer

Jamieson, wow, I’m officially excited

shiznit

Coach
Think we’re a bit ahead but they did really well

Azhar was masterful, and there’s a lot to like about Rizwan and Faheem, the latter is a quality cricketer

Jamieson, wow, I’m officially excited

really impressed with the application of some of the Paki players... Jamieson was f**king unplayable at times today and Rizwan just stuck at it.

interestingly enough the much more fancied Indians who came last summer had nowhere near this type of fight and grit.

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
We will obviously be looking to bat once here- for the next two days. Easier said than done. This is an important session.

Latham with a couple of quality leaves

Meth

Staff member
That ball from Southee yesterday was a peach- second best ball of that day

Meth

Staff member
Blundell and Latham watchful start- the former, uncharacteristically, in particular. Blundell gets off the mark after facing 20 balls.

19-0

Meth

Staff member
Yesterday, Craig McMillan was having a rant about slow over rates and suggesting ways to get through them. His idea was to get rid of the drinks break. That right there was a long drinks break. Makes you thinks a he might have a point.