What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
Blacktown Workers

John Fonua, Guz Garzaniti, Shaun Fitzgerald, Kurt DeLuis, Sam Radovu, Terrell May, Tyrell Neiufi, Alex Seve, Brad Keighran, Denzal Tonise,

rightleftin

Juniors
Inn 2020 Eli Roberts played 1 game for Asquith in March, played a few games for Wenty in July and then finished the season with Redfern All Blacks, has signed with Glebe for 2021.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Hopefully some hint of a draw and/or lineup of participating teams is released soon by the NSWRL.

rightleftin

Juniors
The press release that went with the Junior rep draws indicates that the finals in those comps will be more realistic this year with a top 6 in 15 team comps. There is no chance of this happening with RMC because of the salary cap, which is tiny, but the finals are exempt from the cap so players rely being able to make the finals by winning about 6 games so that they can double the cap payments.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Ideally I'd love for the success of the President's Cup to be built upon with the RMC. Maitland did remarkably well and aren't even the best team from Newcastle. Illawarra is strong too, plus there's always potential from out the bush. Maybe two conferences (city/country) of 8 teams (14 games within conference, 8 games outside, 22 game season. Top 2 from each conference contest a mini-final, the two winners contest the championship).

rightleftin

Juniors
Ideally I'd love for the success of the President's Cup to be built upon with the RMC. Maitland did remarkably well and aren't even the best team from Newcastle. Illawarra is strong too, plus there's always potential from out the bush. Maybe two conferences (city/country) of 8 teams (14 games within conference, 8 games outside, 22 game season. Top 2 from each conference contest a mini-final, the two winners contest the championship).

Which club in Newcastle do you think is stronger than Maitland? Wests Newcastle overshadowed the others but the coach left at the end of 2019 and went to Maitland and took quite a few of the top players with him. Maitland have lost a few players to Queensland Cup for next season but they have retained 19 of the 2020 squad so it would be a shock if they didnt win the Newcastle comp.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Which club in Newcastle do you think is stronger than Maitland? Wests Newcastle overshadowed the others but the coach left at the end of 2019 and went to Maitland and took quite a few of the top players with him. Maitland have lost a few players to Queensland Cup for next season but they have retained 19 of the 2020 squad so it would be a shock if they didnt win the Newcastle comp.

Was going to say Wests but didn't know that about the coach and players.

Think they're being wasted in the Newcastle comp if they're that decent

MountainMan

Juniors
Blacktown Sea Eagles 2020 Nsw Cup Squad departures :
Joseph Tramontana - St Marys/Penrith
Mitchell Butfield - Mounties
Rhys Sciglitano - Hills Bulls
Ronny Palumbo - Wests
Tui Afualo - Cabramatta
Ben Nakubuwai - Brisbane Broncos

rightleftin

Juniors
Blacktown Sea Eagles 2020 Nsw Cup Squad departures :
Joseph Tramontana - St Marys/Penrith
Mitchell Butfield - Mounties
Rhys Sciglitano - Hills Bulls
Ronny Palumbo - Wests
Tui Afualo - Cabramatta
Ben Nakubuwai - Brisbane Broncos

Sciglitano played well in the Hills SS team in the short season. May push for a spot in RMC this year as Hills may not retain all the players that came from other clubs to play Presidents Cup with Hills. Dave Hollis, who gained some experience as a benchman with Hills in Presidents Cup, has landed a spot in the Eels top 30.

Butts74

Juniors
Sciglitano played well in the Hills SS team in the short season. May push for a spot in RMC this year as Hills may not retain all the players that came from other clubs to play Presidents Cup with Hills. Dave Hollis, who gained some experience as a benchman with Hills in Presidents Cup, has landed a spot in the Eels top 30.
He should of played a couple games up there last year , but didn’t as well as a fair few other boys that were knocking the door down.

Ten team Shield comp

Belrose Eagles
Cabramatta Two Blues
East Campbelltown Eagles
Hills District Bulls
Moorebank Rams
Penrith Brothers
Ryde Eastwood Hawks
St Marys
Wentworthville Magpies
Windsor Wolves

Tigers1986

Juniors
Would be fantastic if the NSWRL could actually announce who was involved in each competition, rather than all this heresay. That would require being on top of organising their competitions though, which they don't seem to be on top of (unlike the QRL).

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I kind of think the NSWRL underestimate how much these 2 comps (and to a larger extent the NSW Cup) mean to some people. It not be a massive fan base but there are plenty of people genuinely interested.

I remember when I first discovered SS and RM, I thought well here you go some really good RL , something for some young players to aim for and achieve something

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think you guys are grossly overestimating the interest. The clubs involved would all know and beyond that it's a handful of people. I agree it's annoying and unprofessional though.

Latest posts