What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2020/21, (3 T20's, 2 Tests)

Yesterday, Craig McMillan was having a rant about slow over rates and suggesting ways to get through them. His idea was to get rid of the drinks break. That right there was a long drinks break. Makes you thinks a he might have a point.

This.
And stop running out to the batter every ten minutes.
And a bowling shot clock.
And umpires grow a pair.

Meth

Staff member
Don’t want to jinx them, but Latham and Blundell have done a pretty good job here, opening the innings.

Meth

Staff member
And now Latham gone. Sohail nabs a dropped catch in the slips.

I am the worst

Meth

Staff member
Taylor gone. Abbas gets an edge to slip.

pakistan maybe just on top...71/3

Meth

Staff member
Taylor's place has to be in question after a poor 2020, averaging 33.85 with just 1 half century. He's 36. Conway and Young are there, looking for a spot.

Meth

Staff member
Hate to say it. But think Taylor's time in the Black Caps is coming to and end.

Yep. Although I have said that before.

If we somehow made it to Lords, I'd probably take him. But yeah, times up, in Tests at least. Could still keep his place in ODI's?

JJ

Immortal
Shaheen is a huge talent

Disagree on Taylor, his recent 70 was key, he’s a lock in tests and odis for me

JJ

Immortal
Yeah it’s Nicholls that I’d drop for Conway... or Blundell, few people ahead of Ross in that line I reckon

Meth

Staff member
Yeah it’s Nicholls that I’d drop for Conway... or Blundell, few people ahead of Ross in that line I reckon

The difference is that Ross is 36. Averaging less than Nicholls in 2020 too. And not much more than Blundell (who I would also drop)

1- Latham
2- Young
3- Williamson
4- Conway
5- Nicholls

Meth

Staff member
Commentators talking about Nicholls luck now. Good run, to be fair

JJ

Immortal
The difference is that Ross is 36. Averaging less than Nicholls in 2020 too. And not much more than Blundell (who I would also drop)

1- Latham
2- Young
3- Williamson
4- Conway
5- Nicholls
I get Ross hasn’t got long, but the key for me is he’s a much better player than Nicholls who’s been terrible between his 100s and the recent one was pretty dodgy

Given they aren’t bowling the all rounder in our conditions I’d go

Young
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Conway
Nicholls
Watling

when Taylor finishes Conway has played a bit... the other old timer is Watling

Meth

Staff member
Waiting is another convo. I’d potentially give him the Kiwi summer. Bangladesh and maybe South Africa. Who is the future with the gloves?

JohnDoe

Juniors
Waiting is another convo. I’d potentially give him the Kiwi summer. Bangladesh and maybe South Africa. Who is the future with the gloves?

Blundell will be given first crack, with Dane Cleaver as his back up. Blundell is already 30 and Cleaver will be 30 later this year. Think ideally the selectors would want Seifert to be the long term keeper once Blundell retires. Not sure his keeping is up to the required standard though.

JohnDoe

Juniors
Pakistan's bowling overrate has been shocking today. Nearly at tea break, and they haven't even bowled 50 overs yet.