What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Matua

Bench
I saw WW84 last night.

I have no words to describe how truly nonsensical and terrible I found this movie. The whole plot is a weird maguffin that makes little sense, the CGI is overused and very obvious, there are some seriously strange political messages in there, the movie can't decide if it wants to be camp or serious straddling a middle line that doesn't work and it's about an hour too long - but if you got rid of all the slow-mo scenes it'd be about fifteen minutes long.

I don't know how DC manages to keep lowering the bar, but somehow they do.
I didn't find this movie as terrible as you did despite thinking it was pretty average (and yes nonsensical), but on a DC movies spectrum running from the Hack Snyder dreary dross dark end to the fun of Aquaman and the first WW it's probably somewhere in the middle.

They really did balls up the plot though, they could have done the same thing a lot simpler.

shiznit

Coach
Okay... so Wandavision finally comes out in a few days...

some media outlet have had a sneak peak at the first 3 episodes and the word so far is that it’s really different but very good.

they took a massive swing with this but it’s apparently worth it.

from what I’m seeing it sounds like it’s going to be mega slow... until about episode 6-7 when it really builds into the MCU

shiznit

Coach
WandaVision looks like somebody saw the ALF episode of Mr Robot and decided to base an entire series on the concept.

yup... I think you’re on the money...

although the fact that Feige has said it’s going to build into the next Dr Strange film says the stakes with this will be on a much larger scale...

if the rumours are true than in the climax of this film Wanda will rip open the multiverse not only creating that Dr Strange film but also making the live action Spider-verse film they are planning with Sony for Spider-Man 3.... its also rumoured to be the way they will bring F4 and X-Men/Deadpool as well as Vampires and Blade into the MCU...

sounds this whole series is going to end up a giant macguffin for all their new properties... :joy::joy:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Watched the first 2 episodes last night. While I did enjoy them, I think this is a show I will binge once all eps are out. The slow reveals are already getting to me. I need to know what’s actually happening.

Timbo

Staff member
I really enjoyed the first two eps of WandaVision.

I am pretty amazed by how many people I’ve seen online who apparently just completely didn’t get it. So many people commenting ‘I don’t want to see I Love Lucy remade, I want Marvel’.

I think when the reveals all happen, the amount of foreshadowing in these early episodes will prove to have been huge.

bileduct

Coach
yup... I think you’re on the money...

although the fact that Feige has said it’s going to build into the next Dr Strange film says the stakes with this will be on a much larger scale...

if the rumours are true than in the climax of this film Wanda will rip open the multiverse not only creating that Dr Strange film but also making the live action Spider-verse film they are planning with Sony for Spider-Man 3.... its also rumoured to be the way they will bring F4 and X-Men/Deadpool as well as Vampires and Blade into the MCU...

sounds this whole series is going to end up a giant macguffin for all their new properties... :joy::joy:
Nah the multiverse can get f**ked, honestly. I have no interest in seeing six different Spidermans, a gay Iceman, female Wolverine or any of that shit. It was crap in the comics, I see now reason why it would be any different in movies.

And if the MCU X-Men in any way resembles the new X-Men comic book reboot, that can get f**ked too.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
Nah the multiverse can get f**ked, honestly. I have no interest in seeing six different Spidermans, a gay Iceman, female Wolverine or any of that shit. It was crap in the comics, I see now reason why it would be any different in movies.

And if the MCU X-Men in any way resembles the new X-Men comic book reboot, that can get f**ked too.
You didn't like Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse?

I don't want the MCU and the X-Men universe to combine, it just gets to effing busy then, plus where were all the X-Men when everything else has been going down?

Game_Breaker

Coach

I don't want the MCU and the X-Men universe to combine, it just gets to effing busy then, plus where were all the X-Men when everything else has been going down?

They should just let deadpool explain it
Different universe and owned by Rupert while they were building the MCU,

shiznit

Coach

I actually agree with not wanting to combine them... TBH I’d love to leave them in their own seperate universe and maybe have certain ones crossover for one off events...

the problem is we all want to see Wolverine take on Hulk... :joy::joy:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I’m sure those two episodes will serve a purpose in the long run, but it didn’t make them any less gay as shit.

Felt like I was 9 years old off sick from school and the only thing to watch on TV was reruns of I Dream of Jeannie

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought it was a little weird, I get what they are trying to do but yeah glad they are moving into colour at least.

They got to age them twins up to get them into a young avengers movie.

Valheru

Coach
Looks like they aree hading down the multiverse for phase 4 and beyond if the cast of the next spiderman film is anything to go buy.

Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are reprising their roles as Dr Octopus an Electro respectively from the Spider-man 2 and amazing spider-man 2 films.

Perhaps I am reading too much in to it but smells like some multiverse to me.

shiznit

Coach
Looks like they aree hading down the multiverse for phase 4 and beyond if the cast of the next spiderman film is anything to go buy.

Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are reprising their roles as Dr Octopus an Electro respectively from the Spider-man 2 and amazing spider-man 2 films.

Perhaps I am reading too much in to it but smells like some multiverse to me.

yup I’m reading it the same as you...

TBH I’m not really sure about it... I really enjoyed Spider-Verse but that was a one off animated film... I enjoyed it for what it was...

im not sure about doing it live action and in the MCU... but I guess Feige has probably earnt the ability to take these big swings.