What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-contract players 2021

Hayden Lomax has had 2 major injuries that have kept him out for last 2 years, before that he played Flegg. So he has not been in contention to be selected as apposed to struggles to make the team.
Apologies.

A Canterbury Cup player of the year on minimum contract replaced by someone who hasn't played any football for 2 years, and is still to prove he can handle Canterbury Cup level, let alone NRL backup hooker.

redv13

Bench
Apologies.

A Canterbury Cup player of the year on minimum contract replaced by someone who hasn't played any football for 2 years, and is still to prove he can handle Canterbury Cup level, let alone NRL backup hooker.
Thank god only possm is suggesting this. If we let McInnes and Brittan go and replace them with Hunt and H Lomax that will do me. Faarrkkk

Old Timer

Coach
Wonder how many noses Mcinnes put out of joint within his team by his McWrecker adulation ?
Obviously plenty but I suspect almost all of those are in here.

Interesting that when former players spoke out against things they saw as being wrong with the club, coaching etc they got pounced upon and many in here castigated them for it (how dare they say that) yet when someone inside the club speaks positively he also gets set upon and some people want him gone for it.

Wasn't much empathy for those that left some of which IMO were definitely coach related so in effect that lack of empathy for those players was in some perverse way actually support for the coach.

Frizz is a recipient of it as was Gaz who just happened to be captains at different times and now Mc Innes but for having almost the complete opposite view point.

We St GI fans are indeed a very curious lot and some certainly swing with the prevailing breeze.

Obviously plenty but I suspect almost all of those are in here.

Interesting that when former players spoke out against things they saw as being wrong with the club, coaching etc they got pounced upon and many in here castigated them for it (how dare they say that) yet when someone inside the club speaks positively he also gets set upon and some people want him gone for it.

Wasn't much empathy for those that left some of which IMO were definitely coach related so in effect that lack of empathy for those players was in some perverse way actually support for the coach.

Frizz is a recipient of it as was Gaz who just happened to be captains at different times and now Mc Innes but for having almost the complete opposite view point.

We St GI fans are indeed a very curious lot and some certainly swing with the prevailing breeze.
I'll put my hand up as one who doesn't care if McInnes goes. I was pounced on before sharing my views in here, in regards to this issue. C'est la vie.

The prevailing breeze I got a whiff of recently, about McInnes, was a bit rank. Certainly not worth swinging with.

Old Timer

Coach
I'll put my hand up as one who doesn't care if McInnes goes. I was pounced on before sharing my views in here, in regards to this issue. C'est la vie.

The prevailing breeze I got a whiff of recently, about McInnes, was a bit rank. Certainly not worth swinging with.
Maybe the cafe they were at should change the coffee blend because the strong Arabica blends don’t agree with everyone’s taste or smell.

redv13

Bench
McInnes is a great defender.

Never gives up.

Has speed and a step.

Doesn’t have a kicking game.

His passing from dummy half is ordinary.

Do we have a better 9 at the club? No.

Will he leave. I hope not.

Will I grieve if he decides to go to the Tigers? No.
Hard to disagree with your comments on McInnes. I think Brittain would be a handy little 9 but hopefully the captain sticks around.

TruSaint

Referee
McInnes is a great defender.

Never gives up.

Has speed and a step.

Doesn’t have a kicking game.

His passing from dummy half is ordinary.

Do we have a better 9 at the club? No.

Will he leave. I hope not.

Will I grieve if he decides to go to the Tigers? No.

No one is above the badge, but I hope he stays.

To be honest, I couldn't say that about too many of our current " leadership " group.