What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro, 2021 and the development.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
A major tenant in the retail space has their handover and opening set for March ‘22 so let’s see how it plays out.

shaggs

Coach
A major tenant in the retail space has their handover and opening set for March ‘22 so let’s see how it plays out.
Interesting. 18 months Ago I had discussions about becoming a tenant on the site. Those who know me, know my business. Anyway, the developer spoke of the site at the time being ready for handover in august 2021, with a hard opening date of mid to late October.
These dates are obviously out the window now.
I wonder how those who signed agreements Woolworths, Dan Murphy’s, Aldi, Lorna Jane etc are feeling now. The other tenants are apparently going to be a child care centre and a big gym complex. Plus all sorts of other smaller stores.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Interesting. 18 months Ago I had discussions about becoming a tenant on the site. Those who know me, know my business. Anyway, the developer spoke of the site at the time being ready for handover in august 2021, with a hard opening date of mid to late October.
These dates are obviously out the window now.
I wonder how those who signed agreements Woolworths, Dan Murphy’s, Aldi, Lorna Jane etc are feeling now. The other tenants are apparently going to be a child care centre and a big gym complex. Plus all sorts of other smaller stores.

I was never aware of any previous dates but March 22 is an obvious pushback if we were supposed to be ready to play there in a completed state for the 2022 season.

@Stake Removed The major tenant I speak of has no costs until handover so is not concerned about sales loss as it isn’t forecasted until the actual date is known so the only impact is to the site owners who won’t be getting lease money. In that case I assume they take it up with the builders.

With the delay it’s likely we go to the nrl and ask for a heap of away games to start the year I suppose.

shaggs

Coach
I was never aware of any previous dates but March 22 is an obvious pushback if we were supposed to be ready to play there in a completed state for the 2022 season.

@Stake Removed The major tenant I speak of has no costs until handover so is not concerned about sales loss as it isn’t forecasted until the actual date is known so the only impact is to the site owners who won’t be getting lease money. In that case I assume they take it up with the builders.

With the delay it’s likely we go to the nrl and ask for a heap of away games to start the year I suppose.
Also all shops/restaurants etc will be lease only. The developers are maintaining ownership of every square metre.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Any anchor tenant or a smaller group couldn’t give a fig, unless they get gazumped by another competitor.
Another option for the region in terms of your general supermarket is a licence to print money, period.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Bit of equipment at the site today. Looks as though something may be happening

They're starting demo on the club and there's an article saying they're aiming for the ground floor slab of the new shopping centre to be poured around March / April.

Things should start moving hopefully.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
I still have doubts about 2022. Gee I miss going to the footy there.

First game back with it all done will be a feel good day.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I still have doubts about 2022. Gee I miss going to the footy there.

First game back with it all done will be a feel good day.

I'm not too fussed if we don't end up going back as long as we do end up going back.

Maybe it's a delayed start in 2022, first home game not till the later Rds perhaps ?

Curious what comes off the suburban grounds development talk but that seems a bit more long term ?

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Yeah it will probably end up being used on Jubilee which is crazy given they dont play there often.

Realistically if the sharks could connect the southern stand to the east and west stands and "close off" that end it would be great. Unlikely but it would look great.

the "master plan" is to have like a wrap around building around the ET stand to the southern grandstand and to the dead ball line at the north end, and that will have more corporate facilities..very few new seats. COE and shire sports museum will be there plus retail places.

The burns side...the hills we be built on. i believe the one at the powerline end will have like concrete bleachers with grass to sit on below the window of that restaurant
The southern end...will be where the hotel is going in there id say that may have a similar deal with the bleachers.

its not gonna be bankwest by any means.

in my opinion. if we want to grow as a club and become a stromg club in sydney, we..should be looking at teaming up with the dragons, with the FFA, with ARU etc to lobby for funding to get a bank west style built in the south of sydney (loftus etc). with corporate facilities that can really cater to big spending sponsors etc.