What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fair enough. Wrong..not sure where i got that from probably dreaming.
So if he is 19 and not many have heard of him. What makes him so great that we would kick stones missing out of him compared to what we have coming through..based on @Maddragon99 saying Millward is asleep?..is my point.
BLM you’re obviously drunk. 15 can easily sound like 19 when on the sauce.

I wasn’t suggesting he’s going to become the next Kiwi sensation, more so saying for the minimum amount of money he would dictate he’d be worth the risk. I’m saying Millward is either an Ice addict, suffering from a mental defect or asleep at the wheel. Given our cap & roster space (3) a prospect like this would be worth $150k or whatever they paid.

George Sancti

Juniors
With the 2021 season looming, it now appears that the marquee forward signing will most probably be for season 2022, and we should the tabling offers now to the likes of Angus Crichton and Isaah Yeo. As much as we may care, the majority of players do not place a high priority on a club’s history. Their main priorities are financial gain and the opportunity to win a premiership.

I believe Saint’s administration is now managing its budgets correctly and we should therefore be able to compete financially for any marquee player that comes onto the market. Therefore, we need to demonstrate that Saints are a club on the rise and will be competing for a title during the term of the player’s contract.

We must convince prospective recruits that we have a professional coaching regime, an improving roster and good facilities. If our on field performances improve during the early rounds of 2021, as I believe they will, that should indicate that our coaching and player roster are moving in the right direction.

The Dragon’s training facilities in Wollongong are reasonable, however I would like to see a centre of excellence (fancy gym, video and conference rooms, recuperation facilities etc) constructed to replace the antiquated gym below the southern grandstand at WIN Stadium. These centres can be built for around $6M and other NRL clubs have applied for government grants (separate to current stadia funding being discussed) to help with their construction.

I would like to see our administration apply for a grant to build a centre of excellence with WIN Corp to contribute part of the funds needed. This investment would benefit the current players and be attractive to players who are considering moving to the Dragons. The centre would also be good for the community as the club can allow local and regional groups to access the facilities and learn about health, nutrition and sports science and subsequently propagate the game of rugby league in the Illawarra.

redVinme

Bench
Fair enough. Wrong..not sure where i got that from probably dreaming.
So if he is 19 and not many have heard of him. What makes him so great that we would kick stones missing out of him compared to what we have coming through..based on @Maddragon99 saying Millward is asleep?..is my point.

The article says something about when he was 15 so I take you probably got it from there. No harm

I see your point for sure. I have heard of him but only through some article. I read last year. He is a good prospect but I'm not crying about it either. We need players that are gonna come in and lift the overall quality of the team. I'm happy to wait for the right one.

My only Concern is that we do have some $$ and I think we need to spend 90% of our cap or something like that? So hopefully The right one appears. Especially considering the jdb thing.

George Dragon

Juniors
Is the fu@ktard Millward awake or asleep? This kid looks a good prospect, an edge forward like we need. The Tigers have been very aggressive signing players lately

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/01/05/wests-tigers-sign-tukimihia-simpkins/

Its only early but this could well be the overreaction of the year.
Wow we didn't sign some 19yo who has never player FG and I bet you had never heard of before today.
Looks good, how do you know....

Yes we need a edge forward who is ready now and there is nothing to indicate he is.
Planing for the future...
We already have Jackson Shereb a 19yo local backrower.
We have also signed Bryce Magnone a 19yo from the raiders who is about the same size as this guy.

BLM you’re obviously drunk. 15 can easily sound like 19 when on the sauce.

I wasn’t suggesting he’s going to become the next Kiwi sensation, more so saying for the minimum amount of money he would dictate he’d be worth the risk. I’m saying Millward is either an Ice addict, suffering from a mental defect or asleep at the wheel. Given our cap & roster space (3) a prospect like this would be worth $150k or whatever they paid.

They didn't pay anything, its was a player swap with one of their up and coming backs.
Should we swap one of the twins or Cody or SSE for this no name.

BLM01

First Grade
With the 2021 season looming, it now appears that the marquee forward signing will most probably be for season 2022, and we should the tabling offers now to the likes of Angus Crichton and Isaah Yeo. As much as we may care, the majority of players do not place a high priority on a club’s history. Their main priorities are financial gain and the opportunity to win a premiership.

I believe Saint’s administration is now managing its budgets correctly and we should therefore be able to compete financially for any marquee player that comes onto the market. Therefore, we need to demonstrate that Saints are a club on the rise and will be competing for a title during the term of the player’s contract.

We must convince prospective recruits that we have a professional coaching regime, an improving roster and good facilities. If our on field performances improve during the early rounds of 2021, as I believe they will, that should indicate that our coaching and player roster are moving in the right direction.

The Dragon’s training facilities in Wollongong are reasonable, however I would like to see a centre of excellence (fancy gym, video and conference rooms, recuperation facilities etc) constructed to replace the antiquated gym below the southern grandstand at WIN Stadium. These centres can be built for around $6M and other NRL clubs have applied for government grants (separate to current stadia funding being discussed) to help with their construction.

I would like to see our administration apply for a grant to build a centre of excellence with WIN Corp to contribute part of the funds needed. This investment would benefit the current players and be attractive to players who are considering moving to the Dragons. The centre would also be good for the community as the club can allow local and regional groups to access the facilities and learn about health, nutrition and sports science and subsequently propagate the game of rugby league in the Illawarra.
I am not convinced about Yeo. Yes he had a good year but dont see him being a saviour that i would rush out to sign...actually not sure why, just a gut feel.
I see him as a workhorse or tradesman only and there are plenty of those.
And I was not about Angus until I watched him in SOO and for the Roosters late this year.
He was NSW best forward.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
I would like to see our administration apply for a grant to build a centre of excellence with WIN Corp to contribute part of the funds needed
The government grant is dollar for dollar.
So a $20 million centre would mean we have to front $10 million.
I can't see that happening.

Gareth67

First Grade

Excellent post George .

getsmarty

Immortal
Its only early but this could well be the overreaction of the year.
Wow we didn't sign some 19yo who has never player FG and I bet you had never heard of before today.
Looks good, how do you know....

Yes we need a edge forward who is ready now and there is nothing to indicate he is.
Planing for the future...
We already have Jackson Shereb a 19yo local backrower.
We have also signed Bryce Magnone a 19yo from the raiders who is about the same size as this guy.

They didn't pay anything, its was a player swap with one of their up and coming backs.
Should we swap one of the twins or Cody or SSE for this no name.

Once again well said @George Dragon . The amount of misinformation and rubbish that people post is unbelievable....eg People have a thought and pass it off as fact....and then other posters jump aboard the " misinformation train "....LOL

George Sancti

Juniors
I am not convinced about Yeo. Yes he had a good year but dont see him being a saviour that i would rush out to sign...actually not sure why, just a gut feel.
And I was not about Angus until I watched him in SOO and for the Roosters late this year.
He was NSW best forward.

You could be right BLM01. However, I see Isaah Yeo as a Rod Reddy type player as opposed to a player who will bend the defensive line with sheer power. He is still young and his best football is ahead of him.

SBD82

Coach
He was NSW best forward.
Careful mate.

@The_Frog is gonna f**k you up.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Well argued George- SGI should be a magnet for players given the natural advantages our club enjoys and we need to build on those advantages. During those hot summer months, when players are enduring gut busting training regimes, few other clubs can offer a surf beach adjacent to the club's ground to cool down and recuperate. Conversely, in the depths of winter, I sometimes wonder how Raiders players (apart from the poms) and Storm players can tolerate the freezing temperatures they have to train in while our players have much milder conditions to deal with.

The_Frog

First Grade
He was NSW best forward.
Agree Crichton was the best NSW forward, but Yeo wasn't even a forward in the final Origin, he was a centre. Only a dodgy call stopped him pulling the series out of the fire with his kick, and he kicked similarly for points in the GF. Crichton had a good back half of the year too but yet to see him kick for tries in huge games.
Careful mate.

@The_Frog is gonna f**k you up.
Is this what you had in mind?

SBD82

Coach
Agree Crichton was the best NSW forward, but Yeo wasn't even a forward in the final Origin, he was a centre. Only a dodgy call stopped him pulling the series out of the fire with his kick, and he kicked similarly for points in the GF. Crichton had a good back half of the year too but yet to see him kick for tries in huge games.

Disappointingly concise and not nearly enough belligerence.

3/10.

BLM01

First Grade

Thats OK the Pennies can keep kick happy Yeow. The Dragons wont or cant try and steal him.

Latest posts