What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra Kai

nöyd

Staff member
Just finished season 3, as stated above, not the strongest season, it felt like a WWE show in places.

Kreese as uber-heel Mr. McMahon, Hawk with the face turn, Miguel the surprise entrant at the royal rumble after a long injury lay-off, a weak female card, all the little Miyadi-Do and Eagle Fang (wtf?) kids as the comedy relief - lol @ Penis Breath, Daniel is goody-two-shoes John Cena, and Johnny motherf**kin' Lawrence as Stone Cold Steve Austin, back from his heel turn at WrestleMania 17 and into his old shtick as the good guy anti-hero. Classic redemption story.

Covered my ass before posting this by Googling her age, but damn that Moon is real f**king hot. If she were president she'd be Babe-raham Lincoln.

axl rose

Bench
Just finished season 3, as stated above, not the strongest season, it felt like a WWE show in places.

Yeah the fights in season 1 especially seemed to fit more with the story. By s3 everyone is just kicking the shit out of each other every episode for whatever reason. Season 3 though had arguably the best humor.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Hopefully with the season 4 the fights are a lot more focused given they are going back to the tournament as opposed to teenagers turning up to random places to beat the shit out of each other.

The inevitable Daniel/Johnny V Kreese/Silver confrontation should be good too. Mike Barnes to make an appearance?

One has to wonder if Daniel has Julie Pierce (Hillary Swank) up his sleeve to counter. It is the only movie yet to be mentioned but it is likely Daniel would at least know of her, if not know her in the Cobra Kai world.

axl rose

Bench
Hopefully with the season 4 the fights are a lot more focused given they are going back to the tournament as opposed to teenagers turning up to random places to beat the shit out of each other.

The inevitable Daniel/Johnny V Kreese/Silver confrontation should be good too. Mike Barnes to make an appearance?

One has to wonder if Daniel has Julie Pierce (Hillary Swank) up his sleeve to counter. It is the only movie yet to be mentioned but it is likely Daniel would at least know of her, if not know her in the Cobra Kai world.
I have a feeling they are going to ignore The Next Karate Kid because Ralph wasn't in it, and it wasn't very good.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Finishing season 3 of this show. Yeah it’s got some huge cheese and predictability factor, but man it’s awesome. Just so different from current TV and a nice throwback to the scripted awesomeness of the 80s/90s.

only thing that kinda seems odd after this season is shouldn’t there be like, major police action based on the season finale? Every member of cobra Kai would be in juvy for break and enter, assault, even attempted murder for a few of them. Considering they locked up old mate Robbie for kicking Miguel off a balcony unsure how they’ll sidestep that in season 4.

Random thought I had on this show is how well everyone has held up after 30 odd years. Daniel is pushing 60, Johnny in his 50s and creese is insanely old. But all look pretty good for their age. Elizabeth Shue still a work of art too.

the notable exception is the other members of the OG cobra Kai. It looks so weird seeing these ragged old men hanging out with Johnny that are all supposed to be the same age.

nöyd

Staff member
My daughter (10 y.o.) asked me if she should watch the 1984 movie before watching the show, I said if you are going to watch the movie then you'll need to watch parts II and III as well, which seem to turn her off the idea.

Shitty thing is that I KNOW she will enjoy it, she just can't get over having to watch a almost 30 year old movie to get introduced to the characters. I got her to watch the Back to the Future trilogy, I can surely get her hooked on this.

Valheru

Coach
Finishing season 3 of this show. Yeah it’s got some huge cheese and predictability factor, but man it’s awesome. Just so different from current TV and a nice throwback to the scripted awesomeness of the 80s/90s.

only thing that kinda seems odd after this season is shouldn’t there be like, major police action based on the season finale? Every member of cobra Kai would be in juvy for break and enter, assault, even attempted murder for a few of them. Considering they locked up old mate Robbie for kicking Miguel off a balcony unsure how they’ll sidestep that in season 4.

Random thought I had on this show is how well everyone has held up after 30 odd years. Daniel is pushing 60, Johnny in his 50s and creese is insanely old. But all look pretty good for their age. Elizabeth Shue still a work of art too.

the notable exception is the other members of the OG cobra Kai. It looks so weird seeing these ragged old men hanging out with Johnny that are all supposed to be the same age.

They will just ignore the assault stuff. I mean the kids had a fight resulting in a broken arm in an arcade and nothing happened.

On the age stuff, Bobby looks decent and around the same age as Johnny who in turn looks like he is in his 50s to me. Tommy looked terrible but Robert Scott Garrison actually had terminal cancer whilst filming and passed away not long after.

Daniel looks phenomenal and could pass for 45, likewise Ally.

Danish

Referee
They will just ignore the assault stuff. I mean the kids had a fight resulting in a broken arm in an arcade and nothing happened.

On the age stuff, Bobby looks decent and around the same age as Johnny who in turn looks like he is in his 50s to me. Tommy looked terrible but Robert Scott Garrison actually had terminal cancer whilst filming and passed away not long after.

Daniel looks phenomenal and could pass for 45, likewise Ally.

but they trashed the La Russo’s house. Blew out a window, kicked 2 doors in, smashed every glass coffee table in sight (of which there were like 5 for some reason...), smashed Mr Miyagi’s photo. There has to be some repercussions from that, surely.

As for the ages, Kreese is like 75 as well. Looks a damned sight better than a lot of blokes at that number.

Ralph Macchio is some sort of genetic freak. He is 20 years older than the actress playing his wife. Looks like they could be the same age.

mind you he looked 15 in the original movie despite being 23 at the time of shooting. So makes sense.

axl rose

Bench
Ralph Macchio was 27 in part 3.

Had to look up the original Cobra Kai gang to see if they were the same actors, age was not kind to a couple of those gentlemen compared to the main cast. Pity they couldn't get Chad McQueen back to play Dutch.

I'm in the minority in that i didn't really care about Kreese's back story. Hes a messed up guy who served in NAM. Assumptions as to why he is what he is were enough.

Favorite scene from season 3?

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
I wouldn't say it was my fave scene but I need to go back and watch the final episode with the home invasion, I believe there is a botched punch that goes about a foot short between Hawk and some other kid, big air-swing.

Favourite scene would probably be Johnny unloading on Kreese in the final ep.

axl rose

Bench
I wouldn't say it was my fave scene but I need to go back and watch the final episode with the home invasion, I believe there is a botched punch that goes about a foot short between Hawk and some other kid, big air-swing.

Favourite scene would probably be Johnny unloading on Kreese in the final ep.
hah I thought you were going to say Bert looking for the cat.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Awesome show, awesome season. The final scene of ep. 10 was absolutely f**king epic.

As for the repercussions for the kids fights; don't overthink it. The show isn't going for uber realism.

Just let any "but that isn't realistic" thoughts slide. The creators are just going for pure old school entertainment and I love it.

Oh and William Zabka is one funny dude. His scenes are absolute gold. Also as mentioned it's delightful to see how well the old school core cast have aged and that Hollywood didn't ruin them.

Anyway I can't wait for season 4. This show is so damn binge worthy and FUN. Something that seems like a forgotten art in Hollywood at present.

axl rose

Bench
Awesome show, awesome season. The final scene of ep. 10 was absolutely f**king epic.

As for the repercussions for the kids fights; don't overthink it. The show isn't going for uber realism.

Just let any "but that isn't realistic" thoughts slide.

Take your point. Love the show, other than The Boys its the only thing I watch. Season 1 though felt very grounded and everything has just gone a little crazy.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Ralph Macchio was 27 in part 3.

Had to look up the original Cobra Kai gang to see if they were the same actors, age was not kind to a couple of those gentlemen compared to the main cast. Pity they couldn't get Chad McQueen back to play Dutch.

I'm in the minority in that i didn't really care about Kreese's back story. Hes a messed up guy who served in NAM. Assumptions as to why he is what he is were enough.

Johnny rehearsing his order for the vegan organic meal then changing it to a cheeseburger lol

that cracked me up

Game_Breaker

Coach
My daughter (10 y.o.) asked me if she should watch the 1984 movie before watching the show, I said if you are going to watch the movie then you'll need to watch parts II and III as well, which seem to turn her off the idea.

Shitty thing is that I KNOW she will enjoy it, she just can't get over having to watch a almost 30 year old movie to get introduced to the characters. I got her to watch the Back to the Future trilogy, I can surely get her hooked on this.

You can get away with just watching part 1
The other 2 aren’t as significant to the series as the first movie

Kreese as uber-heel Mr. McMahon, Hawk with the face turn, Miguel the surprise entrant at the royal rumble after a long injury lay-off, a weak female card, all the little Miyadi-Do and Eagle Fang (wtf?) kids as the comedy relief - lol @ Penis Breath, Daniel is goody-two-shoes John Cena, and Johnny motherf**kin' Lawrence as Stone Cold Steve Austin, back from his heel turn at WrestleMania 17 and into his old shtick as the good guy anti-hero. Classic redemption story.

Covered my ass before posting this by Googling her age, but damn that Moon is real f**king hot. If she were president she'd be Babe-raham Lincoln.

Not WWE but Robby is definitely Darth Vader

Hawks face turn kinda annoyed me. It’s as if D&D from Game of Thrones wrote that. All happened too quick

Last edited:

Latest posts