What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce sexting scandal

stryker

First Grade
Yeah, it was said at home forum recently that he has a very juvenile attitude for his age.

He was supposed to go to rehab and be cured of the dumbness.

The Roosters were courageous and clever moving him on. Their results show that.

I imagine a proportion of the Knights players hate him, virtually no one will trust him. They are supposed to be having a meeting to clear the air. He says his sorry and cry’s and all that.

Footballers are tough, hard and proud young men and while they tolerate lair, they often draw the line at cutting grass.

So a team divided basically. Nothing the coach or officials say or do will cure it. He has to go.

He’s not the devil incarnate. Just dumb and seems a bit troubled. Weak values.

Once Father Time catches up with him, he will be a bit of an outcast. I don’t expect him in the media. I suppose he could be a Clown figure and do the stupid things.
Shane Warne made a go of it and he is as f**ked in the head as anyone on the planet.

AOB would have been bitterly disappointed with his leadership last season. Then he looked at the cap situation and prayed something like this would happen.

Reckon there is a silver lining to this somewhere.

Nathan Brown put his job on the line when he signed Pearce.. that backfired big time.

AOB surely won’t make the same mistake.

Our hero’s silly corona virus excuse makes things a bit worse.

He didn’t call off the wedding before he got busted did he? Nup.

People are out there getting killed by this f**king disease.

So Mitch apparently uses it to explain away his own screwball wrong doing.

That’s got to be f**king cheap and nasty doesn’t it?

It’s petrol on the fire and in my honest opinion he should be ashamed himself. So disrespectful, it’s breathtaking if I am correct.

He makes Tood Carney look like Einstein.

But given his form, you’d have to wonder whether he has any kind of self realisation.

If his pretty fiancé has called off the wedding, you’d have to think that she’s a 100% decent self respecting kind of person. Ticks the boxes. She’s a builder of people. Good on her!

The knights will find a way to benefit and honestly, why shouldn’t they?! Good luck to them no matter what they do with it. They are the ones he’s taken for a ride as much anyone else.

Last edited:
other clubs interested in the fallen knight of sword :)

All of our tigers players are “accidently” sexting him.

The hope is he will feel at home.

Once we sign him, we hire Telstra to secretly redirect his vile blatherings to Madge where they can be vetted.

Madge could sext him back I guess. Pretend it’s from the intern in the mailroom. We arrange a meeting, he goes down there one day and finds a stuffed poodle ( in lingerie).

Who is he going to complain to?

Junior must be rolling in his grave.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Shane Warne made a go of it and he is as f**ked in the head as anyone on the planet.

I will say this about Shane Warne. I have not seen a sportsman less affected by off-field scandals than him.
I remember one Ashes tour in England where the media were absolutely having a field day with him due to his cheating ways with the opposite sex. His personal life was in absolute tatters....yet the following day, he walks out and absolutely destroys the Poms. He did it time and time again with other off field stuff.
99% of sportsman do not perform when the media spotlight is on them for off field stuff.

blue bags

First Grade
images

I will say this about Shane Warne. I have not seen a sportsman less affected by off-field scandals than him.
I remember one Ashes tour in England where the media were absolutely having a field day with him due to his cheating ways with the opposite sex. His personal life was in absolute tatters....yet the following day, he walks out and absolutely destroys the Poms. He did it time and time again with other off field stuff.
99% of sportsman do not perform when the media spotlight is on them for off field stuff.

Yeah I see and no doubt the villains are making the shareholders of legacy media wealthier.

But I agree with @stryker that Warney is essentially a dope. Loved his cricket but not the man. I don’t actually love Mitchell’s game, like I do Munsters. The latter can play and he’s right into the game for its own sake. I’d give much more weight to his views than Mitch’s.

If it’s a thread to point out Junior Juniors poorer ways, we almost forgot his “ liney lines”

Was he supporting this type of industry?:

DA1568B5-F763-499D-BE9A-2684491874C6.jpeg

I guess when he mucks up, all the baggage appears.

I can’t see Newcastle keeping him. If they do, no one will believe Buderus and he will make O’Brien look foolish when he slips up again.

The young girl at the club texted our legend back, so no doubt her boyfriend has a dog in the fight now. The press said it was an exchange. But no one is reporting the words.

Maybe the Buzzster or Danny will publish it on a slow news day?!

Someone at work said they were surprised he could use a smartphone. Harsh.

CB07CD12-3B07-4284-A496-96753854FD84.jpeg
Mitch being led away after alleged grab and refusing to leave premises a couple of years ago. Got fined. There should be an idiot fine.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Narcissistic people love the spotlight no matter how it shines, or from where.

moffla

Bench
I feel sorry for Pearce. Not because because he's been hard done by, which he hasn't, but because he's clearly incapable for rational thought. Here he is playing the game he loves, captaining a proud club, about to get married to a woman who has managed to bring him down to earth and he goes and does this.

He's a self-saboteur. When things are going well, he finds a way to bottle it.

So far as the knights are concerned, if the sanctions against him aren’t harsh enough that will set a few players noses out of joint.

They aren’t going to buy into any DNA or club culture rhetoric etc when old mate is on $1m and seemingly can run amok at will.

Buderus softened the blow a bit for old mate recently when he said he might be relieved of the captaincy commission anyway so he can focus on his game. But at the same moans on about it being “ not acceptable”

The player meeting is upon them. It will leak like a sieve by the disgruntled, more fodder for the media.

He will probably drag out his doggy statement but change the words a bit, try to elicit sympathy etc. He’s done it all before.

My bet is that he will do more damage to himself. If not now, but once the players have the time to think and pull his words apart and consider the excuses in their own time.

Some of them will bond better by their mutual loathing and contempt of him!

I am not sympathetic to him, I don’t hate him, but the whole game might be better off if he called it a day. He can focus on his relationship and other interests.

It was all stage managed and written out for him. Lots of echos from the poodle incident.

Poor effort by the knights because the first part of his statement is all about how he has personally suffered and only then do other people get a mention.

That’s all back to front in my view.

42C3BE33-171F-42D7-B21C-6C2E2F502221.jpeg

This poor pr is not really his fault. It’s as vanilla as it’s gets.

As a knights player I don’t see enough here to warrant the degree of forgiveness sought.

The whole thing should have been about his girl, family, his players. It now comes across as insincere, wooden and designed for his fellow bogans.

He gets it done and passes it back to O’B and you can sense he’s pleased with his performance. Right at the end, a millisecond of narcissism!

That’s my honest view, I accept people will see it differently and I could be totally wrong.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
I think we are going over board with how bad this is. So what if the girls boyfriend was friends with Fitzboof? That is at least a degree far enough removed for me to not care very much. If it was Fitzboof's women then it would be bad. It is a bad look on Pearce's part but FFS put it into perspective.

I think we are going over board with how bad this is. So what if the girls boyfriend was friends with Fitzboof? That is at least a degree far enough removed for me to not care very much. If it was Fitzboof's women then it would be bad. It is a bad look on Pearce's part but FFS put it into perspective.

If it’s anybody’s partner it’s still a bit creepy for mine.

My perspective is that he’s a real deal lout and the knights aren’t coping.

It’s a significant distraction for them and one that seems will prevail for a period.

How they deal with it is interesting. More interesting that Mitchs follies. Can Buderus meet the challenge?!

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
Just saw a bit of his press conference. Very mechanical, devoid of any sincerity, total spin with obligatory prepared statement and no questions, Crisis Management 101. Obviously embarrassed and apologetic but not for his behaviour, just sorry he was caught and it cost him.

Absolutely typical vanilla celebrity apology, worth nothing.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee

Its just incredibly silly from a guy who is supposed to be captain of the club. Not only is the guy good friends with some of his teammates which is bound to cause tension, the girl works for the club. If pearce couldn’t see this drama coming from mile off he must be completely brain dead.

Latest posts