What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Dragon Fan Favourite

BLM01

First Grade
Ok another off season thread due to boredom until back at work next week;

But who is next in line to be your favourite Dragon player;

The one that will get you off your bum when they touch the ball
The one that will get your fist pumping when they score
The one that our hill will start chanting the name of or make up a song for during a game
The one that will be on your kids or grandkids next Dragon toddlers jersey
The one you want to pat on the back or shake their hand next time you jump the fence post game

We have had a few over the years but
For me in 2021 it will be Jesus in a Superman Cape
(Cody Ramsay)

Old Timer

Coach

The one that our hill will start chanting the name of or make up a song for during a game
The one you want to pat on the back or shake their hand next time you jump the fence post game

(Cody Ramsay)
I think we will have 2 in fact

Rav in the early part of the season as he will no doubt in my mind be given a roving commission and might just turn up anywhere. Would love to see him hitting the ball at high speed in the middle of the paddock off a quick play the ball on the back of an Alvaro tackle bust.

From around round 8 after the "I can't do anything good consistently" Norman is exited (we will have to endure that long as he will no doubt do a few good things here and there but not sustain it) it will be Sullivan who puts his fingerprints on our emerging high quality backline. I expect to see plenty of show & go, taking on the line, 20m + cut outs to men on the fly, deft kicks and I think we will see a slightly more physical version of Sowie when he was at his best.

redv13

Bench

(Cody Ramsay)
Cmon Zac!!!!!

ALSGI

Bench

(Cody Ramsay)
Jesus lol.
I reckon it could be Judus in a superman cape (Bird).

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Even though he's not in the top squad, my fan favourite could be young Schiller, if only to be able to sing along with the Michael Jackson song......Thriller

'Cause this is Schiller
Schiller right
And no-one's gonna save you
From the beast about to strike
You know he's a thriller
Thriller night
You're fighting for your life
Inside a killer
Schiller tonight, yeah

Crush

Coach
Even though he's not in the top squad, my fan favourite could be young Schiller, if only to be able to sing along with the Michael Jackson song......Thriller

'Cause this is Schiller
Schiller right
And no-one's gonna save you
From the beast about to strike
You know he's a thriller
Thriller night
You're fighting for your life
Inside a killer
Schiller tonight, yeah
How goods the off-season DS!?

ALSGI

Bench
Don’t wanna big note myself. But I reckon I’m a bit of a fan favourite.
Lol. Funny.

I was actually conflicted between picking SDB82 and a Crush I have on a Bird, but I’m an Old Timer so I Getsmarty and had a Jak over at Forbes Creek with SlipperyMorris over a Muzby instead!

Apologies, early knock off Friday on my 3rd Bourbon or I woulda mentioned plenty more!

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Lol. Funny.

I was actually conflicted between picking SDB82 and a Crush I have on a Bird, but I’m an Old Timer so I Getsmarty and had a Jak over at Forbes Creek with SlipperyMorris over Muzby instead!

Apologies, early knock off Friday on my 3rd Bourbon or I woulda mentioned plenty more!
Hahahaha. Holy shit.

There is a LOT to unpack in that post.

kit66

Bench
Eddie Blacker got a huge rev up from the crowd at Jubilee in the last round game against Storm every time he touched the ball, so maybe a crowd favourite there, hope he gets a few games this year.

My favourite will be Bird if he can get his team mates motivated with some quality plays and win us some games. If not Dufty is always good value.