What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Rabbits20

Immortal
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ra...ut-allan-key-to-any-deal-20210107-p56scm.html

Rabbitohs keen on Mansour but Allan key to any deal

South Sydney have emerged as a shock contender for the services of unwanted Penrith winger Josh Mansour.

The Rabbitohs are keen to add Mansour to their back line, although any deal is contingent on an early release for Corey Allan. The Herald has been told Canterbury are interested in Allan’s services in a move that would give new coach Trent Barrett another fullback option.

Mansour is contracted to Penrith this year, but the grand finalists have told the veteran winger he is likely to start the season in reserve grade if he can’t find a new home. Several clubs - including the Tigers, Bulldogs and Eels - have given consideration to throwing him a lifeline.

However, Redfern is shaping as his most likely destination should Allan move on.

Mansour represented Souths in the lower grades, earning NYC winger of the year selection after impressing during the 2010 season. After graduating to feeder team North Sydney, he was signed by the Panthers.

Until recently, it has been a happy relationship at the foot of the mountains. The 30-year-old has made all of his 158 NRL appearances for Penrith, where he has become a senior player and represented NSW and Australia. Club powerbrokers, however, tapped him on shoulder after the grand final loss to Melbourne to inform him he would likely be making way to allow Ivan Cleary to include young outside backs like Stephen Crichton, Brian To’o, Brent Naden, Charlie Staines and Matt Burton in his side.

The Panthers are prepared to pay some of Mansour’s freight, which could result in the Rabbitohs picking up the Lebanon international at a bargain price.

Allan impressed at fullback at the end of last season when stepping into the role for the injured Latrell Mitchell. Those performances could be enough to earn the No.1 jersey at the Bulldogs or another club.

callmack1

Staff member
Would love for us to sign Mansour!! At the time that Penrith told him he wasn't wanted, I wasn't too keen but that was before we knew Addo-Carr wasn't going to be here and before we know Allan was going to depart. With the situation we currently find ourselves in, he's exactly what we need. Still on hell of a player in my opinion and has a lot of quality still to give. Things haven't been working out at Penrith lately for whatever reason but I genuinely believe he could re-gain his position as one of the premier wingers in the comp if he was to join us. I feel like he'd complete our squad for this year.

Plus, the fact that we'd get him so cheap, it's a win-win. If he wants to come here then we have to bring him home!

handyman2190

Bench
Just on the news a few minutes ago Souths are trying to make a play for Josh Mansour.

I think this would be a great signing. He is a Souths junior as well and he’s very good at making metres he eats them up and we need a winger like that.

BRING JOSH home I say!!

Who is with me??
Mixo last month said we had spoken to mansour,and the fact he hasnt signed elsewere could mean we have lined him up and is ready,lets hope its true, as we would get him cheap.

Travitoh

First Grade
We can put more money and development into our pathways if more fans sign up as members mate. The less members the club has the less they can do.

If we had 50,000 members it’d make a massive difference in what we could do.

If a club that has consistently been in the top 2 for members needs more to fund a productive junior set up that most other clubs already have, then i worry about where my money would actually be going.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If a club that has consistently been in the top 2 for members needs more to fund a productive junior set up that most other clubs already have, then i worry about where my money would actually be going.
Mate you’re forgetting one thing, we do not get any money from a Leagues Club that’s why.....

Travitoh

First Grade
Mate you’re forgetting one thing, we do not get any money from a Leagues Club that’s why.....

That doesn't stop the club from profiting over $1M a season.

I don't necessarily believe that Souths can't afford a strong farm system. They clearly can.
It is that the setup currently in place doesn't seem to be producing players for the first grade squad.

250excf

Juniors
Aren’t the best wingers tall and fast
How’s Mansour ever going to compete for Reynolds bombs when he’s such a short ass in comparison to most ....... what’s the point of having the best kicker in the nrl if he’s kicking to a short ass ????

250excf

Juniors
Wayne get cracking
Think Keary kicking to Toupo etc
There’s a reason he scores lots from kicks and it’s not because he’s a short ass he also hammers through metres doing the shit work and he is tall ....

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I would MUCH rather have had Josh Addo-Carr.

Now with Allen all but gone, Roberts, Sironen, Lowe, Suaali, we didnt have money for Jac?

If its Mansour, it'll be for 3 years because otherwise he'd already be at the Tigers. That'll be a mistake.

The recruitment people have F'd up big time and it'll come to pass. Milne already rumoured to be out for half the season, Burns and Moga wont be far behind, and guys here saying we got plently of depth in the back?

Be prepared to see lots of Paulo at wing and Cartwright at centre