What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Dragon Fan Favourite

possm

Coach
Eddie Blacker got a huge rev up from the crowd at Jubilee in the last round game against Storm every time he touched the ball, so maybe a crowd favourite there, hope he gets a few games this year.

My favourite will be Bird if he can get his team mates motivated with some quality plays and win us some games. If not Dufty is always good value.
I think Ramsey will be our new excitement machine. I can see it now, just like when slippery Morris played on the wing for Saints. The noise from the Saints fans who rise to their feet in anticipation of Ransey finding his way to the line.

ALSGI

Bench
I think Ramsey will be our new excitement machine. I can see it now, just like when slippery Morris played on the wing for Saints. The noise from the Saints fans who rise to their feet in anticipation of Ransey finding his way to the line.
I’d love to see a RAMSAY MESS this year!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lomax is already my favourite, This kid is a gun. I can see Ramsey being another in the future.

Rava has had some shockers so I would not class him up there just yet. Bad reads and poor handling but in saying that, his defence has somewhat improved in the back end of the season.

Another I though would get a call is Cam McInness. If he stays longer that is and does not sign elsewhere.

Walpole

Juniors
Eddie Blacker got a huge rev up from the crowd at Jubilee in the last round game against Storm every time he touched the ball, so maybe a crowd favourite there, hope he gets a few games this year.

My favourite will be Bird if he can get his team mates motivated with some quality plays and win us some games. If not Dufty is always good value.
I reckon if we get big Eddie on the angry pills he'll be a definite fan favourite.

Drakon

Juniors
Ramsey for me. I like his style both on and off the field.

Love Lomax as well - his goal kicking is pretty damn good too.

If Dufty is taught to trail the forwards and they are allowed to offload, he could be great this year. He's exciting with ball in hand.

I have a few.
Lomax already there I think, he is special.
Ramsey simply on different look and energy (plus talent).
Sullivan, keen to stand and cheer this guy for the next 12 years.
Both Feagai twins. I think if both get on the paddock together they can be magic (bit like the young Morris twins) and will be crowd favourites.
Blacker, let’s turn this guy into a hero as he can feed off that.
Narrow down to one I think it’s Sullivan (young Thurston).

Gareth67

First Grade
I will go for Ravawala also gents . It’s been some time since the Dragons have had a real solid back that is capable of causing immense damage to the opposition but I reckon Griffin will really get into the man’s head and put him on a kill and destroy mission.

I plump for Ramsey as my No.2 - with those long flowing locks of hair ( he actually reminds me of me when I was young :relaxed: ) he will have his own army of fans .

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
Definitely Ramsey because he has that natural gift of speed and evasion.

Zac Lomax rated as ‘special’ by some fellow posters. I have seen a person who wants to compete, obviously very fit. Scored some good trys last year ( running onto a couple of beaut Dufty passes) and two excellent stretching catches of attacking bombs. Normally a reasonable defender but found out a few times against class opponents last year but anyone can have a bad day. This year will be interesting. Zac going into his 4th NRL season.

Dufty will always get everyone on their feet from time to time. Let’s hope it’s often.

BLM01

First Grade
I have a few.
Lomax already there I think, he is special.
Ramsey simply on different look and energy (plus talent).
Sullivan, keen to stand and cheer this guy for the next 12 years.
Both Feagai twins. I think if both get on the paddock together they can be magic (bit like the young Morris twins) and will be crowd favourites.
Blacker, let’s turn this guy into a hero as he can feed off that.
Narrow down to one I think it’s Sullivan (young Thurston).

I agree re the Feagai twins but too many people (mainly in the media) put big wraps on young kids too early and we have to be careful. Some of these kids have not played much CC, even that alone is a huge jump to NRL.
I remember the Mata'utai backline quartet from Newcastle about 5-6 yrs ago and clubs were chasing as the next big brother sensations with Sione making a test debut at 18 (god knows how). (yes we poached Peter around then)
Only Sione really made a fist of it and ended playing mostly in the backrow.
None are left at NRL level

For me it's Clune. He's smart, he reads the game well, his passing game is top notch and he has the potential to be the kind of general that we've lacked since the Hornby/Soward combination.
I wouldn't waste any more time on Norman or Hunt at 5/8, either. Get Sullivan in there and let them form a combination that could be among the best in the comp.

Visionary

Juniors
Ramsey would have to be at the top of my list, for my new fan favourite. Some nick named him Jesus at the 9's. Maybe he is the Messiah?

Sullivan is another who I think will be a favourite of mine and many others in years to come. After seeing him play the last round of the comp last year, I am now sure he is ready to play first grade this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts