What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Dragon Fan Favourite

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Ramsey would have to be at the top of my list right of my new fan favourite. Some nick named him Jesus at the 9's. Maybe he is the Messiah?

Sullivan is another who I think will be a favourite of mine and many others in years to come. After seeing him play the last round of the comp last year, I am now sure he is ready to play first grade this year.

80967124.jpg

In truth, there are so many players who l expect we will see marked improvement in their game.

After suffering with the McGregor years, whether l'm clutching at straws or not l'm not sure but with the benefit of 3-4 learned coaches, l expect the whole team to lift.

How much they lift is anyone's guess and that's what makes this coming season, a potential thrill seeker.

Ramsey, Lomax and or Sullivan to lead the charge.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Yes I think many have forgotten how good it is to see a vigorous prop in action. I hope Griffin is coaching our forwards to put all their might into attack and defence. Rotate them when fatigue sets in and watch our replacement props do the same.

Am I dreaming or can this really happen in season 2021?

George Sancti

Juniors
First 4 rounds - Corey Norman
Thereafter - Cody and Rava

Interesting selection for rounds 1 to 4 mickeylane. Is your prediction based on improved effort, fitness or other factors? If you are correct, you will need to change your name to Michaēllane de Nostradamus.

mickeylane

Bench
Interesting selection for rounds 1 to 4 mickeylane. Is your prediction based on improved effort, fitness or other factors? If you are correct, you will need to change your name to Michaēllane de Nostradamus.
I just think Norman will come out of the blocks a very different player - I don't think that he will carry on w it though hence my 2 part pick..f

blacksafake

First Grade
I have a few.
Lomax already there I think, he is special.
Ramsey simply on different look and energy (plus talent).
Sullivan, keen to stand and cheer this guy for the next 12 years.
Both Feagai twins. I think if both get on the paddock together they can be magic (bit like the young Morris twins) and will be crowd favourites.
Blacker, let’s turn this guy into a hero as he can feed off that.
Narrow down to one I think it’s Sullivan (young Thurston).
If Sullivan turns out half as good as Thurston I’ll be happy.
Let’s hope we don’t make the same mistake the dogs did with Thurston.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Faamausili @ Lock building up to a 80min player allowing Bird to replace Norman @ 6
I do like the idea of Bird at lock though, would be really nice to have that extra dimension to our attack. My worry of Bird at 6 is that he’s still pretty young and may block the pathway of Amone or Sullivan. In saying that if fit he’s definitely the best option we have in the squad @ 6 currently.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I do like the idea of Bird at lock though, would be really nice to have that extra dimension to our attack. My worry of Bird at 6 is that he’s still pretty young and may block the pathway of Amone or Sullivan. In saying that if fit he’s definitely the best option we have in the squad @ 6 currently.
I posted somewhere that I had some gossip from a family friend that Bird is eyeing the 6 jersey because Norman hasn’t been putting in at training. Let’s face it while Sullivan is obviously the future at 6 he’s played 3 games in the past 12mths. If Faamausili is playing well at Lock & Norman is still Norman I’d take Bird at 6 if he’s fully fit say round 6 or 7

A lot of moving parts still be be settled before round one. For once I think trial form might really influence round one team selection.

Of the fully fit players I think Faamausili is the most likely for Lock, he’s big & mobile, hits like a hammer in defence & is a good lateral mover.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I posted somewhere that I had some gossip from a family friend that Bird is eyeing the 6 jersey because Norman hasn’t been putting in at training. Let’s face it while Sullivan is obviously the future at 6 he’s played 3 games in the past 12mths. If Faamausili is playing well at Lock & Norman is still Norman I’d take Bird at 6 if he’s fully fit say round 6 or 7

A lot of moving parts still be be settled before round one. For once I think trial form might really influence round one team selection.

Of the fully fit players I think Faamausili is the most likely for Lock, he’s big & mobile, hits like a hammer in defence & is a good lateral mover.
I guess time will tell, I along with I think I can safely say most of the people on this forum have never seen Faumausili play. I would prefer Sullivan play in reserves for a bit anyway but actually think Amone might be ahead from what I’ve been told. I actually heard Norman was training really well but who knows. I’m not going to pin too much hope on Bird, he is just someone I’m sure is bursting at the seams to rip in but may need to be pulled back a bit for his own good. If he can get fit, stay fit and regain his form I regard it as a huge bonus so not really thinking about a long term position yet. I hope he plays at 14 to start.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I guess time will tell, I along with I think I can safely say most of the people on this forum have never seen Faumausili play. I would prefer Sullivan play in reserves for a bit anyway but actually think Amone might be ahead from what I’ve been told. I actually heard Norman was training really well but who knows. I’m not going to pin too much hope on Bird, he is just someone I’m sure is bursting at the seams to rip in but may need to be pulled back a bit for his own good. If he can get fit, stay fit and regain his form I regard it as a huge bonus so not really thinking about a long term position yet. I hope he plays at 14 to start.
My gossip about Norman came from a family friend who knows Jack. So his views might be completely bias. Who knows? But Jack thinks he’s better than Norman once fully fit plus he wants a crack before Sullivan owns the jumper. I suppose if this McCulloch rumour is true it could be a Sullivan/Bird combination. That’s a huge upgrade on Hunt/Norman

Maddragon99

Juniors
Obviously mate, he’s being brought on slowly & won’t be risked in trials. Bird has the potential to be our best player.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
My gossip about Norman came from a family friend who knows Jack. So his views might be completely bias. Who knows? But Jack thinks he’s better than Norman once fully fit plus he wants a crack before Sullivan owns the jumper. I suppose if this McCulloch rumour is true it could be a Sullivan/Bird combination. That’s a huge upgrade on Hunt/Norman
Jack on one leg is better than Norman. And I find it hard to believe Norman is a hard trainer too, I guess we can only wait and see. The worst thing if Norman got dropped would be that he’d take up a CC spot. Can he be dropped to the Illawarra league?