What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So what is the better way? Remembering you want to allow the player the best chance of getting a deal elsewhere

Be upfront with him from the beginning, explain that if Staines extends he’ll be the 1st choice, allow him to have the opportunity of a proper send off.

I just feel like we took safest option from the club perspective, but it was also the most selfish.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Josh really should have been sacked a few years back if we are being honest. Glad he regained some form and finshed with a good year.
Timing kinda sucks but thats life

Kilkenny

Coach
So is Gower or Brandy's legacy tainted because they played elsewhere?

What about MG? Who openingly admits Roycie told him to retire because he was past it

Why do you feel the need to oppose the consensus?

Even when an opinion is accepted as being reasonable and accepted you just have to offer reasons against it if it is not in line with your views.

Seriously you now introduce Brandy and Gowie into this debate to somehow justify your position.

franklin2323

Immortal
Be upfront with him from the beginning, explain that if Staines extends he’ll be the 1st choice, allow him to have the opportunity of a proper send off.

I just feel like we took safest option from the club perspective, but it was also the most selfish.

Have they not done that? I haven't read or heard anything to say he won't be here next year. Aside from him wanting 2 extra years after that

Kilkenny

Coach
Josh really should have been sacked a few years back if we are being honest. Glad he regained some form and finshed with a good year.
Timing kinda sucks but thats life

Sacked him on what basis?

Please enlighten us on your Josh should have been sacked position given there are laws around unfair dismissal etc.

Was he guilty of doing something warranting his NRL contract being torn up? Maybe your privy to something most of us are not?

Maybe you have a tic yak video not yet available in the public domain?

Interesting? But your call?

franklin2323

Immortal
Why do you feel the need to oppose the consensus?

Even when an opinion is accepted as being reasonable and accepted you just have to offer reasons against it if it is not in line with your views.

Seriously you now introduce Brandy and Gowie into this debate to somehow justify your position.

You said on the last page. Martie and yourself were pushing it uphill. Wouldn't that mean you are going against consensus.

Because you act like it has never happened. That every great has got to be 1 club players. I mentioned 2 of our greatest players. Both have Grandstands named after them so playing elsewhere didn't affect their legacy

Smug Panther

First Grade
Sacked him on what basis?

Please enlighten us on your Josh should have been sacked position given there are laws around unfair dismissal etc.

Was he guilty of doing something warranting his NRL contract being torn up? Maybe your privy to something most of us are not?

Maybe you have a tic yak video not yet available in the public domain?

Interesting? But your call?
Sacked was the wrong choice of words. He should have been moved on earlier in my opinion

Kilkenny

Coach
You said on the last page. Martie and yourself were pushing it uphill. Wouldn't that mean you are going against consensus.

Because you act like it has never happened. That every great has got to be 1 club players. I mentioned 2 of our greatest players. Both have Grandstands named after them so playing elsewhere didn't affect their legacy
Franklin your dislike of The Gould regime is well documented. You are going above and beyond to try and justify every decision made by the current regime and I am fine with that. I hope you are right and I am wrong!

franklin2323

Immortal
Franklin your dislike of The Gould regime is well documented. You are going above and beyond to try and justify every decision made by the current regime and I am fine with that. I hope you are right and I am wrong!

I want Whare gone too. It is what they offer as players not who is paying the bills.

Management was in a no win situation here. They wait and they are bagged for having him in NSW Cup and not telling him in time.

Kilkenny

Coach
I want Whare gone too. It is what they offer as players not who is paying the bills.

Management was in a no win situation here. They wait and they are bagged for having him in NSW Cup and not telling him in time.
The club were well aware a long time ago of our cap situation.Not the fault of Mansour or Whare or any of the other players we have released or not been able to resign.

Latest posts