What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v India at SCG Jan 7-11 2021

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The racism allegation seems very weird. The cops have apparently cleared the blokes they chucked out (so cool they had their day out ruined). The Indian press is doubling down and they would be getting this from the playing group.

In general Australian crowds are pretty quick to dob in people for racism but the SCG crowd was genuinely confused by what was happening.

gUt

Coach
On the radio they were speculating it was about old mate's dad dying while he was in Aus, which is around about as bad as racism in my book (if true), but it's not racism.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Based on witness reports from that part of the crowd they were chanting SHIRAZ like obnoxious arseholes after he got hit for two sixes the over before and he gave them the bird and they said "welcome to sydney mate"

If they crossed over into anything personal its extremely poor form but this is just what I have read online

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Based on witness reports from that part of the crowd they were chanting SHIRAZ like obnoxious arseholes after he got hit for two sixes the over before and he gave them the bird and they said "welcome to sydney mate"

If they crossed over into anything personal its extremely poor form but this is just what I have read online
Meh, honestly the merkin should grow a pair if that’s the case...not really racial is it?

Timbo

Staff member
There’s a couple of Twitter videos doing the rounds which do seem to indicate that some racial stuff was said. I think it’s probably about to get pretty toxic.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
But anyway, who knows? When it happened here there was denial etc but they found the prick

JJ

Immortal
There’s a couple of Twitter videos doing the rounds which do seem to indicate that some racial stuff was said. I think it’s probably about to get pretty toxic.
Ban the merkins for life... strict no tolerance

while they’re at it ban Warne

It is interesting that a lot of articles are now saying the fans got booted for "abuse". Dropping the "racist/racial" part of it.

If I was those fans, and nothing racist was said, I'd be suing Siraj, BCCI, SCG, Fox, and as many hand-wringers as possible etc.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s funny the complaints only started once Australia got on top, day 3 after play.

and yesterday once the go slow was well and truly on, If they were being racist or going after his old man that’s different but from the sounds of it it wasn’t.

Funny to hear the comments this morning from that space cadet Langer, practically saying the fans were guilty and fans should come to the game and says nothing at all and just clap. Considering his best mate is Matthew Hayden serial sledger and a guy who crossed the line repeatedly I think Hippy Douche should neck up. Seriously.

Latest posts