What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Tyson is a great leader for sure and the type of leader a team will benefit from with his effort, ability, experience and always very well spoken.

He isn’t a 1st Grade footy Captain though, he’ll never make General.
Agree, too softly spoken on field. BP..the quiet achiever!

Gareth67

First Grade
One of our brethren mentioned only last week or thereabouts , that the Dragons should be organizing an offer that Angus Chricton will not be able to refuse once it is permissible to negotiate with him .

As you have said Maddragon , the cupboard is somewhat bare however in saying that there are always a number of players who are squeezed out of their clubs for one reason or another.

I am confident that Griffin will have earmarked potential players that ‘ fit ‘ the Big Red V criteria by that time . Of course this is dependent upon just who the coach wishes to keep and how big a jump in form our current players have made this year .

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
One of our brethren mentioned only last week or thereabouts , that the Dragons should be organizing an offer that Angus Chricton will not be able to refuse once it is permissible to negotiate with him .

As you have said Maddragon , the cupboard is somewhat bare however in saying that there is always a number of players who are squeezed out of their clubs for one reason or another.

I am confident that our recruitment with Griffins help shall have earmarked potential players that ‘ fit ‘ the Big Red V criteria by that time.
I’ve been waving the Crichton flag for a while, Corey Norman’s money would almost cover it. The other one is Kurt Capewell he looked at home in Origin last year. Magoulias bit more of a gamble, but with all the player losses we’ve had perhaps we could get Magoulias plus either Crichton or Capewell. That combined with a settled backline watch out in ‘22 we’ll be right up there.

redVinme

Bench

That list is really out of date but I'd be happy with.

Harris
Chrichton
Riki
Young
Sua
Yeo
Capewell
Fitzy

Pretty sure Talakai and mccintyre have signed

Loved yeo, capewell and Angus in origin this year. Harris had a monster year and Riki and young are both great prospects.

Maddragon99

Juniors
That list is really out of date but I'd be happy with.

Harris
Chrichton
Riki
Young
Sua
Yeo
Capewell
Fitzy

Pretty sure Talakai and mccintyre have signed

Loved yeo, capewell and Angus in origin this year. Harris had a monster year and Riki and young are both great prospects.
Dale Finucane also available listed as a Lock. Bit older at 29 but geez he’s a workhorse.

I’d love to see us come out early with a big signing like Newcastle did last year with Frizz. We have a obvious need in the backrow so makes sense to act now to get the pick of the litter.

redVinme

Bench
Dale Finucane also available listed as a Lock. Bit older at 29 but geez he’s a workhorse.

I’d love to see us come out early with a big signing like Newcastle did last year with Frizz. We have a obvious need in the backrow so makes sense to act now to get the pick of the litter.

I'd take him if we lost jdb or mccinnes for sure.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Whilst we'll take just about any of these, the question remains, will any of these take us?
I think the short answer is YES, we are a club on the up with a definite premiership window. Once we’ve wiped the floor with Easts on ANZAC Day everyone will start taking us seriously particularly if our backline is ripping opponents to pieces. Finucane could definitely play a roll at Lock for 2yrs until we can fill the role from within. For mine shalom o’ofou is a great prospect at Lock.

Whereas Angus Crichton or Kurt Kapewell are more 3-4yr contracts to me to seal an edge for the longer term.

Exciting times ahead!

Maddragon99

Juniors
After watching Luke Capewell in Origin this is the guy Saints should heavily target as Friz replacement. This guy was brilliant in Origin and was the clear standout for me of all the other Qld debutants.
Yes I agree with you Capewell is exactly what we need, hard to believe Cronulla let him go so he ended up at Penrith we probably should have bought him back then. He’s 27 turning 28 mid this year so a 3yr deal seams appropriate.

Angus Crichton however is younger 25 this year & would be more expensive, he’d be looking for a 4yr deal

BLM01

First Grade
Fi
After watching Luke Capewell in Origin this is the guy Saints should heavily target as Friz replacement. This guy was brilliant in Origin and was the clear standout for me of all the other Qld debutants.
Are we judging Capewell on how he played as a stop gap centre for Origin, not back row?
Different position and plan for both attack and defence.
He won’t be playing in the centres for us.

Gareth67

First Grade
Good Weekend for the Mighty Saints

Southampton (Saints) beat Liverpool 1-0
New Orleans (Saints) just beat the Bears 21-9

Go the Saints

I watched part of the game - New Orleans V Chicago Bears earlier today . Must say that it went on and on and on . The amount of stoppages is unbelievable , if only they could play the game without the stoppages it would be a more enjoyable sport to watch .

But you know how those folks think at the top-end of the world , upside down and back to front . :rolleyes:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fi

Are we judging Capewell on how he played as a stop gap centre for Origin, not back row?
No, I’ve seen a bit of him at Cronulla & then Penrith. Pretty sure he only played game one at centre out of necessity the next 2 in the backrow but I might be wrong.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fi

Capewell & Magoulias would probably be a similar combined cost to Angus Crichton alone. Admittedly Crichton is a superior player

redv13

Bench
The Mole is reporting that Benji has signed with the Rorters.
Typical!
As' l've said on another thread, they can sign anyone, from anywhere, for any amount, at anytime and still be under the cap.
We all hate the rorting chooks but releasing Flanagan and Aubusson retiring freed up a few $$$ and Benji would surely be on no more than say 200k

Latest posts