What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Window - How does it all Work

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

merahputih

Juniors
Jersey, The Roar has a couple of articles and posts which go some way towards explaining the NRL's current and proposed "Transfer Window" systems but my eyes glazed over when I tried to read the entire piece. Whatever system is imposed I suspect will still be open to Restraint of Trade challenges which were successful before, and won't prevent under the table negotiations. Then..... there are still T.P.A.'s.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Jersey, the Transfer Window works like this .................

The Rorters, they have first right to any player, anytime throughout the year.

They can buy unlimited players at unlimited values .......... and still stay under the cap.

IF they decide not to purchase a player at well below market value, the remaining clubs,
providing they don't exceed the allocated cap, they will make a play, ( at top dollar mind you* )
for the designated player.

* CLAUSE - McG001
Previously, the Dragons had the added burden of having to pay triple overs, cause we had McGregor
as coach and anybody with half a brain would play for less elsewhere.

Fortunately, this clause does not apply now that we have a real coach.

I hope this helps with the general understanding of how the NRL works.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
That's why we do so well.
This puts a few myths to bed.
Thanks All
But A special thanks you goes to Muzby
You instghtful intellect knows no bounds - If you were a American citizen you could do real well in politics.
But really was that you climbing the white house wall - sure did look like you.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Firstly, a transfer window is way different than Trade or Draft windows.

As far as I'm aware, the transfer window will be for players wanting out of their current clubs and request to be transfered to a club of their choice. This eliminates the 'restraint of trade' that guzumped the last attempt. It is auppisedly designed to prevenr thia sudden exodus (and without warning in most cases) of players around different 'seeking a release' the Saab incident is a prime example.
If i remember correctly the transfer cannot be for more $$$ than the current contract.
This also gives the current club time to make arrangement regarding cap and possible replacement.
Thats it as far as i'm aware, others may have more info on it.

An example may be:
Player A requests a release from contract in April, request denied by current club. Player then states he will nominate for transfer window (say June 31 for arguements sake). This gives current club 2 months to replace or to see if anyone wants to come to the Dragons in the transfer window. Player A then goes to club of choice with same $$$.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Firstly, a transfer window is way different than Trade or Draft windows.

As far as I'm aware, the transfer window will be for players wanting out of their current clubs and request to be transfered to a club of their choice. This eliminates the 'restraint of trade' that guzumped the last attempt. It is auppisedly designed to prevenr thia sudden exodus (and without warning in most cases) of players around different 'seeking a release' the Saab incident is a prime example.
If i remember correctly the transfer cannot be for more $$$ than the current contract.
This also gives the current club time to make arrangement regarding cap and possible replacement.
Thats it as far as i'm aware, others may have more info on it.

An example may be:
Player A requests a release from contract in April, request denied by current club. Player then states he will nominate for transfer window (say June 31 for arguements sake). This gives current club 2 months to replace or to see if anyone wants to come to the Dragons in the transfer window. Player A then goes to club of choice with same $$$.
30th june or 1st of July

blacksafake

First Grade
Jersey, the Transfer Window works like this .................

The Rorters, they have first right to any player, anytime throughout the year.

They can buy unlimited players at unlimited values .......... and still stay under the cap.

IF they decide not to purchase a player at well below market value, the remaining clubs,
providing they don't exceed the allocated cap, they will make a play, ( at top dollar mind you* )
for the designated player.

* CLAUSE - McG001
Previously, the Dragons had the added burden of having to pay triple overs, cause we had McGregor
as coach and anybody with half a brain would play for less elsewhere.

Fortunately, this clause does not apply now that we have a real coach.

I hope this helps with the general understanding of how the NRL works.
:joy::joy::joy: