What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragon David

First Grade
The Bulldogs are building nicely in the backs with the likes of Nick Cotric (Raiders), Corey Allan (Rabbitohs), Corey Waddell (Sea Eagles), Jack Hetherington (Panthers), Kyle Flanagan (Roosters), Matt Burton (Panthers)) to name some.

I know that this is a Dragons forum but holey moley, the Bulldogs have not wasted too much time building up their stocks and getting rid of some dead wood.

redv13

Bench
The Bulldogs are building nicely in the backs with the likes of Nick Cotric (Raiders), Corey Allan (Rabbitohs), Corey Waddell (Sea Eagles), Jack Hetherington (Panthers), Kyle Flanagan (Roosters), Matt Burton (Panthers)) to name some.

I know that this is a Dragons forum but holey moley, the Bulldogs have not wasted too much time building up their stocks and getting rid of some dead wood.
Still lacking a genuine 9 and a proven 6

BLM01

First Grade

I am not convinced with the Dogs recruitment..they are my tip for the spoon battling it out with Broncos again.
Cotric has been is bought to play centre which i have not seen him there a lot and his defence is an issue
Allan (yeah OK) went good in a good side. Did not do much at origin. he might play wing for them.
JAC wont be happy
Waddell (who?)
Hetherington - firecracker and needs taming
Flanagan - Good reason Roosters let him go. he can kick goals but the rest of his attack is ordinary.

Burton & Addo carr for 2022 are good additions but I keen to see how JAC goes free from Bellamy wrath.
Can Trent slap his face to get him back on focus.

saintly1996

Juniors
I am not convinced with the Dogs recruitment..they are my tip for the spoon battling it out with Broncos again.
Cotric has been is bought to play centre which i have not seen him there a lot and his defence is an issue
Allan (yeah OK) went good in a good side. Did not do much at origin. he might play wing for them.
JAC wont be happy
Waddell (who?)
Hetherington - firecracker and needs taming
Flanagan - Good reason Roosters let him go. he can kick goals but the rest of his attack is ordinary.

Burton & Addo carr for 2022 are good additions but I keen to see how JAC goes free from Bellamy wrath.
Can Trent slap his face to get him back on focus.

And how would you compare it to our recruitment

St Tangles

Bench
And how would you compare it to our recruitment

I think they have improved their roster

I don't think it's a top 8 improvement but with a few more additions for 2022 I think they will move up the ladder

I think for us we have been blocking the path of our young players with dud buys and glad we haven't picked up some of the names we've been linked with

I am happy this year if we get the game time up for the likes of Sullivan etc and go into the market for 2022 when we know what we really need

I want to see how some of our players perform under Hook we might be surprised

possm

Coach

At the Dragons we too have a new coach for 2021 but he has taken a different direction; and I support him with this. Griffin has decided to promote some very talented young players from our rich junior stocks and supplement his squad with a few recruits that he believes will suit the new culture he is striving to form at the Club.

Once Griffin has settled on his 17, I think you will find that we all will be pleasantly surprised. Top this off with a much better list management system, we will most certainly be in a position to keep the players we want to keep.

Griffin in the past has been head coach at Brisbane and Penrith with both clubs using third party payments to players to attract marquee players. I am sure as it becomes necessary, Saints will also now have the knowledge and capacity to match it with other Clubs in this regard.

Dragon David

First Grade
Thanks guys for your comments. This year will be the start of a new era for us with the changes in place with coaches, support staff and recognition of our players coming up through our systems and to nurture them to make them the best they can possibly attain. We are building within which makes us stronger.

This year, being the Dragons 100 years in the comp, should be a cracker for us hopefully.

Dragon David

First Grade
Ill answer that in 2 parts
1. In March for this year when we have our Top 29 assembled
2. In March 2022 after we see how we both go in 2021 and have finished assembling squads

we have superior junior depth and potential 1st graders compared to the Dogs as they are mostly ignoring theirs
The Dogs are after a quick fix while we are building from the foundations to be stronger in the years ahead.

jeffdragon

Bench
In my opinion we won't sign anyone else.
Blacker Lawrie fuimaiono and Ford have to improve dramatically.
Scott Sorenson signed with Penrith.
We could have picked him up.

Dragon David

First Grade
I guess we will be trialling a few guys in the lead up to the start of the comp. Hopefully there will be some that will stand out and be graded, but as you say jeffdragon, it is not likely that we sign anyone else. Well no-one of significance anyway otherwise we would have done so by now IMO.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I guess we will be trialling a few guys in the lead up to the start of the comp. Hopefully there will be some that will stand out and be graded, but as you say jeffdragon, it is not likely that we sign anyone else. Well no-one of significance anyway otherwise we would have done so by now IMO.

We need to sign at least 3 and before the March deadline.

Things have been quiet, very quiet. It wouldn't surprise to see us announce some signings soon.

Clubs are still sorting rosters, the Corey Allen to the Dogs is evidence of this.

Kylez3

Juniors
Honestly they'll probably just upgrade a few of the blokes on train and trial contracts before Round 1. We only have 27 players contracted at the moment (technically 26 because De Belin can't play).

Not ideal but things can change quickly.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree BLMO1 , the media can pretty him up as much as they like , the fact is , he just is not 1st grade material.
His surname and being at Cronulla was a good yarn for the commentators
He looked OK and bog average on the field but that was all!
if Penrith is at full strength who would he displace from their side in the backrow. Even Capewell starts on the bench if his lucky.

Latest posts