What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Crush

Coach
I sincerely hope so, I hope he’s there for 10yrs & wins 2 or 3 comps.

Hook doesn’t have time for sentimentality which is why I have my views on Dufty.
You know its a happier time when we are discussing whether Dufty will keep his spot with Ramsey nipping at his heels.
Remember days gone by when we were all talking about what it would take for Mary to drop Lafai and Aitken?
Geez I am glad we never have to see those two blokes play for us again.

rasaint

Juniors
True Crush but still remember Tim Lafai giving James Roberts the best fend off to score in the 2018 semi final. Tim and Euan were pretty good 2018.

Still time moved on and our backline players didn’t have the same strong pack of forwards 2019 nor Nene’s big early tackle returns.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I wouldn’t be surprised if Aitken tears us a new one when we play the worriers..

Old Timer

Coach
I wouldn’t be surprised if Aitken tears us a new one when we play the worriers..
A smart half back would kick the ball along the ground in behind Aitken and cause him many headaches as turning quickly and chasing is not one of his strengths.

Hopefully they line him up on Lomax because with a good game plan and a half pulling the strings it will be a no contest.

Maddragon99

Juniors
A smart half back would kick the ball along the ground in behind Aitken and cause him many headaches as turning quickly and chasing is not one of his strengths.

Hopefully they line him up on Lomax because with a good game plan and a half pulling the strings it will be a no contest.
Was that a euphemism? A smart halfback? We play them round 6 no way Hook has given up on Hunt that early in the season.

kit66

Bench
Mate we finished 12th & 15th the past two seasons partly due to McGuber’s pick & stick mentality & his reluctance to bring in young talent. We scored a total of 5 tries on the left in 20 games in 2020 yet week in & week out McGuber continued to pick Aitken & JP.

FFS Why are people so afraid of change? If the Feagai’s are good enough then they are old enough. Lomax debuted at 18 & that worked pretty well.

As for Bird he’ll start off the bench & then play Lock were he’s needed.

I was on here screaming for changes ( for years ) like everyone else especially in the backs - Lafai, Aitken, Norman particularly. But I'm a realist and I'm just telling you what will most likely happen, whether we like it or not. Max Feagai might get lucky because we've lost Aitken and his debut was pretty good but who would you drop for Matt ? Rav, Ramsey, Zac, Dufty ? Unlikely at this stage and in my opinion unnecessary.

BLM01

First Grade
What can I say? Are you looking to complain or to find solutions? Nothing will change until solutions are found that address the problem.

My idea is to raise revenue by:
Increasing NRL club licence fees. - 100k per club p/a
Increasing Player Manager licence fees. - 10k per manager p/a
Directing a portion of the TV rights funding.- 10%
Arranging junior rugby league sponsorship. 100k p/a
Obtain a Fed Gvt Grant for 100k p/a
Obtain State Govt grant for 100k p/a

This would be a good start. Does anyone else have suggetions that might raise more funds for junior rugby league?
Not complaining. I am telling you how it is.
Those suggestions are all fine
Just tell the NRL.
Clubs have been asking them for years got help and all we get is we need to look into it
Lip service responses only

Re government grants
The are on offer once a year up to 25k snd only limited are given.
But they have to be spent on upgrading facilities or improving facilities
If you ever have applied for government grants you will see what the hoops you have to jump through to obtain them
They are hard yo get
we have to engage a professional to lodge it on our behalf’s who knows how to structure the request to suit criteria and pay them a fee
Even then your not guaranteed.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Tearing us a new one generally involves attack rather than defence you know..

Maddragon99

Juniors
I was on here screaming for changes ( for years ) like everyone else especially in the backs - Lafai, Aitken, Norman particularly. But I'm a realist and I'm just telling you what will most likely happen, whether we like it or not. Max Feagai might get lucky because we've lost Aitken and his debut was pretty good but who would you drop for Matt ? Rav, Ramsey, Zac, Dufty ? Unlikely at this stage and in my opinion unnecessary.
Dufty is the obvious weak link but time will tell

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Got a feeling a lot of people are going to be disappointed when our first team list tuesday is released.

Old Timer

Coach
Tearing us a new one generally involves attack rather than defence you know..
Yes I do realise that muzby

But if we expose his weaknesses early in a game like opponents did when he wore the Big Red V he will be a shell shock and offer SFA in attack just like he did with us. That’s called having a game plan muzby maybe that’s foreign to you?

As soon as anyone got the better of him early in a game he was next to useless and leaked plenty of points.

Can’t really remember him ever tearing anyone a new one so not expecting him to anytime soon even against us but I sure do remember him leaking plenty of tries with his piss poor defensive reads.

He ain’t real bright and will look like one of those cartoon characters “which way did he go, which way did he go”

Maddragon99

Juniors
Weak link?

He was one of our best in 2020..
Who gives a rats? We struggled to finish 12th in 2020 hardly anything to be proud of. Of the backs Lomax, Norman & Hunt are the only players guaranteed a start round one. Having said that I do believe Dufty get first shot at fullback.

What if Dufty & Ramsey get a half each in the Charity Shield? Would that be a fair test for round one?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Who gives a rats? We struggled to finish 12th in 2020 hardly anything to be proud of. Of the backs Lomax, Norman & Hunt are the only players guaranteed a start round one. Having said that I do believe Dufty get first shot at fullback.

What if Dufty & Ramsey get a half each in the Charity Shield? Would that be a fair test for round one?
I often find that when you’ve had a poor season, you don’t often look to label your best player as being the cause of the poor performance..

But hey, that’s just me..

Latest posts