What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Playoffs

zombie jesus

Staff member
Yuck, that's ugly. Surely they could renegotiate it to a smaller amount with a coaching position the year after. Get rid of Randy, make Canada OC and Ben QB coach. Everyone knows that Ben's best play this year has been when he's gone away from Randy's plan and made his own calls on the field
They can't reduce it really, he's only due $19m in cash, the rest is all money he's already made, restructures catching up. They could put some dummy years on an extension. I think they did that with Polamalu, he's the precedent for this situation, they told him it was time to go, might have to do the same with Ben.

Frederick

Staff member
They can't reduce it really, he's only due $19m in cash, the rest is all money he's already made, restructures catching up. They could put some dummy years on an extension. I think they did that with Polamalu, he's the precedent for this situation, they told him it was time to go, might have to do the same with Ben.
At least he went out in record breaking style:
68 attempts
NFL record 47 completions (regular and post season)
501 yards
4 TD
4 INT

He fought til the bitter end. What could have been had he a competent ground game to complement him

zombie jesus

Staff member
Sums up Tomlin, good guy, better waffler.......

They lost five of their last six games this season, three in a row to miss the playoffs in 2019 and four of their last six to miss the postseason in 2018. Throw in the 45-42 loss at home to the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2017, and the late-season crumbling has become a disturbing trend.

When asked about the collapses, coach Mike Tomlin said, “It is what it is. Our record is our record. Our performances are our performances. Don't run away from that.”

The Steelers have allowed 93 points in their past two playoff appearances, but do not blame defensive coordinator Keith Butler for the leaky defense.

As he has done for most of the season, if not longer, Tomlin called all the defensive signals against the Browns. In the past, Tomlin and Butler would often split the play-calling.

“We functioned the way we normally function tonight,” Tomlin said after the game.
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...ike-tomlin-kevin-colbert/stories/202101110105

Tom155

Coach

Chase mate you look pathetic saying shit like this

Him and JuJu need to zip it and focus on football

jaseg

Juniors
Chase looks pathetic in general lately. Dude was going on about 'it doesn't matter who covers me' when Denzel Ward potentially coming back was brought up to him.

Turns out he was right. It didn't matter - Jackson (a shit player) & Mitchell had him limited until the game was effectively over, and he was probably the worst performer of the Steelers receivers.

For all the shit Juju has been getting (for this weeks comments taken mostly out of context and previous tiktoking), Chase was worse. And hey, at least Juju showed up to play.

Divisional Games

Sunday 17 January 2021

LA Rams v Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field 8.30 am (AEDT) on ESPN and 7Mate
Baltimore Ravens v Buffalo Bills at Bills Stadium 12.00 pm (AEDT) on ESPN and 7Mate.

Monday 18 January 2021

Cleveland Browns v Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium 7.00 am (AEDT) on ESPN and 7Mate
Tampa Bay Buccaneers v New Orleans Saints at Mercedes-Benz Stadium 10.30 am (AEDT) on ESPN and 7Mate.

zombie jesus

Staff member

Chase mate you look pathetic saying shit like this

Him and JuJu need to zip it and focus on football
Just embarassing.

JuJu making the right noises about staying but I can't see him being able to resist the exposure of a NY/California team if they come knocking.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Good point I heard on Tomlin:
He's been a HC longer than most, often regarded as one of the top 5-ish coaches in the league at different stages, but his coaching tree is non-existent.

quick playoff week 1 thoughts:

-I'm on the Billwagon. Although, I'd be alright with any team besides KC winning the AFC. However, KC will probs win.
-Goodbye Khalil Mack.
-Now just gotta get Antonio Clown and Tom Brady out to deal with all the scumbags. Get 'er done, New Orleans.
-"we were getting in! we were getting in!" TD call gets reversed. Not one of Drew's greater moments.
-wtf was Pouncey aiming for?
-Remember when it was a foregone conclusion that Russell Wilson would win the MVP this season? That seems like forever ago now.

Not playoff related, but also....

Masks are again becoming an every day thing here in Brisbane, so I thought I'd try to find a Raiders mask. I saw this one:

2NVYIG7.jpg

It was being shipped from within Australia, so I thought hell yeah, I'll get that. Then I saw there was a second photo which showed the other side of the mask.

4qqs9Ib.jpg

Almost got trolled pretty hard.

Valheru

Coach
I'm on the Bills bandwagon followed by Browns.

The NFC just has nothing for a neutral at this point. If not for Brady, Bucs would probably be the most desirable of the lot.

I do think Green Bay will get the chocolates though and Rodgers will get a 2nd SB which his career probably deserves.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Nervous as f**k, no respect shown to the bills, you would think the bills are the jets. Not confident, but will say I dare say the bills players will be fired up with the lack of respect shown toward them.

if Josh only threw for 170 yards again with a pick he would be laughed at, when Lamar does it “ wow what an amazing performance” one of the most sickening things I’ve seen how Allen has been so disrespected since his first year.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ps glad to see the old bills fans around, like me bills fans are arguably a sleeping giant, many of us became fans in the early 90’s and even seen a few old Jim Kelly jerseys around. However hopefully we don’t get patriots fans coming over.

Latest posts