What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Well at least he has landed himself a gig in the NRL , damn shame it’s with those Mexican sombrero sellers , but still I wish the man the best of luck in what is bound to be his final season.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
We all hate the rorting chooks but releasing Flanagan and Aubusson retiring freed up a few $$$ and Benji would surely be on no more than say 200k
Benji doesn’t know when to quit, he’s had a great career he should retire gracefully & move into coaching. He’d probably be a very good attacking coach similar to Trent Barrett. Also I’m predicting the Bulldogs to miss the 8 I don’t think Trent’s a head coach. And for Penrith to drop down the table, Cleary isn’t a much of a coach either. But somehow Cleary/Barrett were a very good combo.

The two sides who’ll improve & challenge us for a top 8 finish will be Tigers & Manly. The Warriors & GC will also improve this year.

Cronulla & Newcastle will drop off

Canberra are premiership favourites in my opinion.

1 Canberra
2 Parramatta
3 Melbourne
4 Easts
5 Penrith
6 Souths
7 Mighty Dragons
8 Manly

9) Tigers
10) Warriors
11) Gold Coast
12) Canterbury
13) Newcastle
14) Cronulla
15) Broncos
16) Cowboys

Maddragon99

Juniors
Sorensen signs with Panthers
Author
Panthers Media
Timestamp
Mon 11 Jan 2021, 04:52 PM
Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce the signing of forward Scott Sorensen on a one-year deal.

The 27-year-old joins Panthers after spending the last three seasons with Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.

"I’m extremely grateful to have an opportunity here at Panthers," Sorensen said.

"As an outsider looking in I was always impressed by the culture and camaraderie between the Penrith players.

"Getting the chance to be part of that and to work on my game in a new environment is something I’m really excited about."

A Cronulla junior, Sorensen made his NRL debut for the Sharks in 2014 and arrives at Panthers with 39 NRL games under his belt.

remote.axd

Sorensen embraces Panthers opportunity

"Scott is a quality individual and we’re thrilled to have him pull on Panthers colours," Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said.

"His professionalism and leadership skills are an asset for our club, as demonstrated by the immediate impression he has made on our players and staff.

"In football terms we believe Scott is yet to reach his full potential and his acquisition adds valuable depth to our squad ahead of the 2021 season."

Handy cheap pickup? Or a waste of money?

ALSGI

Bench
The Mole is reporting that Benji has signed with the Rorters.
Typical!
As' l've said on another thread, they can sign anyone, from anywhere, for any amount, at anytime and still be under the cap.
You know what, his experience at all the clubs (including union) under so many coaches and training staff might be worth bottling. He’s a former genuine superstar that screwed us playing against and for us.

Hope he duz well for the chookz.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Sorensen signs with Panthers
Author
Panthers Media
Timestamp
Mon 11 Jan 2021, 04:52 PM
Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce the signing of forward Scott Sorensen on a one-year deal.

The 27-year-old joins Panthers after spending the last three seasons with Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.

"I’m extremely grateful to have an opportunity here at Panthers," Sorensen said.

"As an outsider looking in I was always impressed by the culture and camaraderie between the Penrith players.

"Getting the chance to be part of that and to work on my game in a new environment is something I’m really excited about."

A Cronulla junior, Sorensen made his NRL debut for the Sharks in 2014 and arrives at Panthers with 39 NRL games under his belt.

remote.axd

Sorensen embraces Panthers opportunity

"Scott is a quality individual and we’re thrilled to have him pull on Panthers colours," Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said.

"His professionalism and leadership skills are an asset for our club, as demonstrated by the immediate impression he has made on our players and staff.

"In football terms we believe Scott is yet to reach his full potential and his acquisition adds valuable depth to our squad ahead of the 2021 season."

Handy cheap pickup? Or a waste of money?
Cronulla’s cap is a mess for 2021 I still think there’s a chance we’ll be able snare Magoulias this year. Cronulla have Woods, Moylan & Dugan all off contract plus Morris the coach end ‘21. Big rebuild on the horizon for the gummies.

BLM01

First Grade
Benji doesn’t know when to quit, he’s had a great career he should retire gracefully & move into coaching. He’d probably be a very good attacking coach similar to Trent Barrett. Also I’m predicting the Bulldogs to miss the 8 I don’t think Trent’s a head coach. And for Penrith to drop down the table, Cleary isn’t a much of a coach either. But somehow Cleary/Barrett were a very good combo.

The two sides who’ll improve & challenge us for a top 8 finish will be Tigers & Manly. The Warriors & GC will also improve this year.

1 Canberra
2 Parramatta
3 Melbourne
4 Easts
5 Penrith
6 Souths
7 Mighty Dragons
8 Manly

9) Tigers
10) Warriors
11) Gold Coast
12) Canterbury
13) Newcastle
14) Cronulla
15) Broncos
16) Cowboys
Few predictions there in that lot.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Few predictions there in that lot.
The more red wine I drink the more clairvoyant I get!

But I do think Canberra will give it a good crack this year, there’ve been building for a few years plus Easts & Melbourne might start coming off the boil. Don’t rate Parra as a serious threat & Barrett leaving Penrith will set them back.

Banjo2014

Juniors

1 Canberra
2 Parramatta
3 Melbourne
4 Easts
5 Penrith
6 Souths
7 Mighty Dragons
8 Manly

9) Tigers
10) Warriors
11) Gold Coast
12) Canterbury
13) Newcastle
14) Cronulla
15) Broncos
16) Cowboys
I think we should change the rules on the forum when referring to the Dragons - they must be call the Mighty Dragons - goodonya Maddragon

denis preston

First Grade

It's not about the money, its about remaining relevant for his Fox gig as a current player. His management obviously think there is too much competition as a former player commentator, as there is a shitload of those.

TruSaint

Referee
Well at least he has landed himself a gig in the NRL , damn shame it’s with its with those Mexican sombrero sellers , but still I wish the man the best of luck in what is bound to be his final season.

Im a fan of Benji's ever since he hit first grade.

Will always wish him well. Has done it all, prem title, led his country and has been a great ambassador for the game.

BLM01

First Grade
Thx mate.

I know his impact on young kids, we all have seen it.

Entertaining , unpredictable, just a shame he played for us at the backend of his career.
All true, but playing for us was a while ago now if that was at his backend.
What he left in 2015?or 16?..and still going.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well at least he has landed himself a gig in the NRL , damn shame it’s with those Mexican sombrero sellers , but still I wish the man the best of luck in what is bound to be his final season.
Well he [Benji Marshall] hasn't signed with anyone yet. The Mole ain't gospel.

Personally, I don't think he can keep it up at NRL level. Might be OK to help the younger players. If Easts do sign him, it's likely to be a mistake as an on-field option. Only saving grace is if they want him as a back up.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If I was Benji I’d be looking to get a nice retirement package boost over in the ESL..

And I’d also look in my phone to find Robbie Farah’s number so that I could prank call him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well he [Benji Marshall] hasn't signed with anyone yet. The Mole ain't gospel.

Personally, I don't think he can keep it up at NRL level. Might be OK to help the younger players. If Easts do sign him, it's likely to be a mistake as an on-field option. Only saving grace is if they want him as a back up.

He hasn’t signed with anyone as yet ? The dirty lying little berstard of a mole ! Me - and a lot of us country bumpkins out here in snakesville Tumut , hang on every word that hairy little critter saids .

However , regardless if the man does manage to find himself another club or not , the praise is certainly warranted .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If I was Benji I’d be looking to get a nice retirement package boost over in the ESL..

He got big offers but knocked them back as he wanted to stay in Australia for his family.

This guy is going to go down for me as a legend of the game when he retires. I could never understand why he was bagged when he played for Saints by some supporters. He came 3rd from memory in the Daly M's the 1st or second year he played in the red V and still copped it. His problem was he had the dud coach in his time at Saints so he could not do much really with the bad game plans and structures in place.