What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

martielang

Bench
Boys, boys, boys. If you don't think he was pushed towards the door, you're being extremely naive …. & we're now going to see some player re-signings yeh? Almost like Mansour needed to be off our books this season so we could sign / re-sign other players?

Kilkenny

Coach
Honestly, I fail to see what Josh Mansour said to Danny Weidler is a big deal.

The whole throwing the toys out of the cot, throwing Staines under the bus and running to Weidler in the first place is frankly all bullshit.

I think the club as a whole could have dealt with his exit far better than they did but I have said I understand why they made the decision they did. The NRL is a business and tough decisions have to be made as evidenced by the departure of Josh.

I used the words disrespect on more than one occasion but I was making the point it was certain people on here who were being disrespectful.

I haven’t watched his exit video, like the GF replay, no intention of watching it would be just too painful.

betcats

Referee
Boys, boys, boys. If you don't think he was pushed towards the door, you're being extremely naive …. & we're now going to see some player re-signings yeh? Almost like Mansour needed to be off our books this season so we could sign / re-sign other players?

Getting sacked it being thrown out the door.

Of course we wanted him to leave but we couldn't make him, we continued to pay him and will do so for next season. That is a long, long way from getting the sack. He had to agree to move on no matter what was said,

franklin2323

Immortal
This is a professional sporting organisation. Decisions get made based on the requirements of the business.

Most players are lucky to see a handful of seasons in FG. He had a good run, surplus to our requirements and he secured a gig elsewhere. Both parties have done well out of this.

It won’t be the first or the last time we have this discussion but let’s not lose sight of the reality here, he wasn’t needed anymore.

He got an extra year and will atleast get a handful of games that he might not of if he stayed.

Good result for both sides

betcats

Referee

The whole throwing the toys out of the cot, throwing Staines under the bus and running to Weidler in the first place is frankly all bullshit.

I think the club as a whole could have dealt with his exit far better than they did but I have said I understand why they made the decision they did. The NRL is a business and tough decisions have to be made as evidenced by the departure of Josh.

I used the words disrespect on more than one occasion but I was making the point it was certain people on here who were being disrespectful.

I haven’t watched his exit video, like the GF replay, no intention of watching it would be just too painful.

I dont think I am being disrepectful to him. I am just saying his previous comments were a whinge, to me that is calling a spade a spade.

Given the tone of his leaving comments I honestly think he would admit he regrets his comments to the weasal

franklin2323

Immortal

How much do you honestly think we would have to spend for 2021 now? Maybe $200k? Hardly going to get a stack of players

martielang

Bench
Getting sacked it being thrown out the door.

Of course we wanted him to leave but we couldn't make him, we continued to pay him and will do so for next season. That is a long, long way from getting the sack. He had to agree to move on no matter what was said,

Players don't stay at clubs that don't want them. It just doesn't happen. Not to be that guy but I've seen people I know very well go through it, it's not a pleasant experience. The club makes it untenable for the player. He was never going to stay at the club this year after that convo, he knew it & the club knew it, that's why the convo was had so early.

Kilkenny

Coach
I dont think I am being disrepectful to him. I am just saying his previous comments were a whinge, to me that is calling a spade a spade.

The guy was just being honest. What do you want the guy to do. He was shattered, he gave honest answers apparently to what ever questions Weidler put to him. There is so much PC correct bullshit around player interviews/club media releases/coach interviews etc I thought it was refreshing for Josh just to express his disappointment. No biggie, he has apparently got himself two more years in the NRL, so one extra year at this stage over and above his remaining year with us. That side of things is all good for Josh, he deserves that and I have no doubt he if he stays injury free he will do a job for the Bunnies. No whinge, just being honest and in the current PC bullshit that is a good thing.

betcats

Referee
Players don't stay at clubs that don't want them. It just doesn't happen. Not to be that guy but I've seen people I know very well go through it, it's not a pleasant experience. The club makes it untenable for the player. He was never going to stay at the club this year after that convo, he knew it & the club knew it, that's why the convo was had so early.

Hmm I wonder why the dogs kept paying all those bad contracts then. I wonder why the tigers kept paying Reynolds and the others? I wonder why the broncos kept paying Boyd and Jack Bird and others. I wonder why the dragons are still paying Ben Hunt? Surely these clubs could of just made it known those players arent wanted and watched them leave...

soc123_au

Staff member
You should watch it. It's not quite a lap of honour in his final game which would have been nice, but not a bad exit all the same.

soc123_au

Staff member
Hmm I wonder why the dogs kept paying all those bad contracts then. I wonder why the tigers kept paying Reynolds and the others? I wonder why the broncos kept paying Boyd and Jack Bird and others. I wonder why the dragons are still paying Ben Hunt? Surely these clubs could of just made it known those players arent wanted and watched them leave...
You have to find some other club that wants them. The players you mentioned are/were so terribly out of form compared to their contract value no would touch them. Sauce may have been on a good deal, but if you base his value on his last season it's not a ridiculous contract to pick up.

betcats

Referee
You have to find some other club that wants them. The players you mentioned are/were so terribly out of form compared to their contract value no would touch them. Sauce may have been on a good deal, but if you base his value on his last season it's not a ridiculous contract to pick up.

If Sauce decided to stay do you really think the club would've made things unbearable for him? I do not. For one thing the players union would jump on it, secondly he is popular within the playing group and a senior player in our side, f**king him around could easily hurt us. For Martie to imply we would've done that I think is ridiculous. We can pick players over him but if he shows up to training and honours his contract we cant do much else.

Kilkenny

Coach
You should watch it. It's not quite a lap of honour in his final game which would have been nice, but not a bad exit all the same.

Not today, maybe in a day or two, feeling a bit raw right now.

I understand the position of Ivan Cleary & Matt Cameron that was never my position, there decision must have been huge and hurtful to them as well given they were more aware of where our salary cap was going forward. Don’t envy them one bit, no win situation but some of the things said about Josh on here well frankly some very poor and disrespectful comments about a player who deserved better and should not have been judged on one honest interview he gave to Weidler. Let me say, it’s that simple.

WestyLife

First Grade
Not today, maybe in a day or two, feeling a bit raw right now.

I understand the position of Ivan Cleary & Matt Cameron that was never my position, there decision must have been huge and hurtful to them as well given they were more aware of where our salary cap was going forward. Don’t envy them one bit, no win situation but some of the things said about Josh on here well frankly some very poor and disrespectful comments about a player who deserved better and should not have been judged on one honest interview he gave to Weidler. Let me say, it’s that simple.
It's unfortunate but why the cap exists. Without it we'd have an absolute stacked roster and depth for 2 teams.

Kilkenny

Coach
@martielang

This should still be Souffs top Backline

Mitchell
Johnston
Graham
Burns
Gagai
Are you serious?

Brayden Burns has played in approximately 30 games across 4 seasons with the Bunnies and when fit wasn’t selected in the final series games.

If Mansour is fit he will certainly find a way into the Bunnies backline and Brayden Burns will be no where to be seen.

panthersam

Juniors

Surely if you think the club could have handled the situation a lot better than what they did, then you must also be able to understand why fans on here have reacted the way they have if they believe that Josh could have also handled the situation in a much better way than what he did with the whole Weidler thing?

I’m glad that the farewell video was made, haven’t been feeling too great about Josh since it all went down so I’m happy that it was made and his career with the Panthers didn’t completely end with the Weidler interview.

Good luck to Josh and I wish him well for his future, would also love to see him back with the club in some capacity after retirement!

Bring on 2021 and the top tryscorer being the Forbes Ferrari :fire:

betcats

Referee
Are you serious?

Brayden Burns has played in approximately 30 games across 4 seasons with the Bunnies and when fit wasn’t selected in the final series games.

If Mansour is fit he will certainly find a way into the Bunnies backline and Brayden Burns will be no where to be seen.

For mansour to play they are going to have to pick Gagai in the centres or drop him. Neither of those options is a certainty.