What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

martielang

Bench
If Sauce decided to stay do you really think the club would've made things unbearable for him? I do not. For one thing the players union would jump on it, secondly he is popular within the playing group and a senior player in our side, f**king him around could easily hurt us. For Martie to imply we would've done that I think is ridiculous. We can pick players over him but if he shows up to training and honours his contract we cant do much else.

In fairness my comment probably sounded more dramatic then it needed to be but if you're a pro athlete & you're not getting selected in a team irrespective of training or performances, that's generally enough to tip you over the edge & leave / quit, even if it means for lesser money.

franklin2323

Immortal
Are you serious?

Brayden Burns has played in approximately 30 games across 4 seasons with the Bunnies and when fit wasn’t selected in the final series games.

If Mansour is fit he will certainly find a way into the Bunnies backline and Brayden Burns will be no where to be seen.

He wasn't fit. Dislocated knee

franklin2323

Immortal
For mansour to play they are going to have to pick Gagai in the centres or drop him. Neither of those options is a certainty.

Gagai is a winger. As is Johnston so yep. Marsters and Burns will be 1st options to be centre with Graham

Kilkenny

Coach
It's unfortunate but why the cap exists. Without it we'd have an absolute stacked roster and depth for 2 teams.

Again you must have totally missed the point I am making.

Im not arguing the tough decision made by Clearly/Cameron. FFS I understand there decision totally. They have been backed into a corner, they would appear to have had no choice and in that respect I have no issue. Releasing Josh early gave him an opportunity to secure an extra year on his career which was something we were never going to be able to provide him. They have largely done him a favour, no matter how much it hurts or pains him. I will just say for the last time, any disrespect I referred to previously was directed at persons on here and not directed at the decision of the club, even allowing for the fact I believe we could have handled it better.

martielang

Bench
Gagai is a winger. As is Johnston so yep. Marsters and Burns will be 1st options to be centre with Graham

Marsters won't be anywhere near first grade & Burns defence makes Naden look like Dean Whare.

Mansour actually had a good year last year despite not running the 100 in 9.8 seconds.

betcats

Referee
In fairness my comment probably sounded more dramatic then it needed to be but if you're a pro athlete & you're not getting selected in a team irrespective of training or performances, that's generally enough to tip you over the edge & leave / quit, even if it means for lesser money.

Look i get what you are saying, players with options rarely stay and play reserve grade. But that is just the business at the end of the day.

Also I doubt he is on less at souths this year, maybe next year but this year we are chipping in.

Kilkenny

Coach

Anyway it really no longer concerns us how the Bunnies fit Josh Mansour into there backline or otherwise.

I just think there is more chance of Mansour playing first grade than Burns.

franklin2323

Immortal
Marsters won't be anywhere near first grade & Burns defence makes Naden look like Dean Whare.

Mansour actually had a good year last year despite not running the 100 in 9.8 seconds.

Not saying he didn't have a good year. If not for injuries Souths likely beat us in the Prelim. They won Jersey Flegg in 2019 so like us have young guys pushing in. So I see it as the same situation as he would of had here.

Whino

Bench
I have been talking to a Souths die hard and he reckons

The backline will be
Latrell
AJ
Gagai
Graham
Mansour.

He said Burns is on the outer. Too injury prone.
He thinks the club is making a play Staggs (despite being injured) this season if they can, or definitely next, with Gagai, moved on to a QLD club.
Mansour is coming to play FG not reserves in his opinion.

Kilkenny

Coach
At the end of the day, all the unanswered questions will be answered in season 2021.

Will Charlie Staines stay fit enough to play 20 or more NRL games, same applies to Dylan Edwards and Brian To’o.

Interesting times ahead, given the players we have lost, and those who will depart in 2022, I’m not as convinced as some who believe we are in better shape going into 2021.

Obviously, given the Mansour exit is now confirmed we will shortly confirm, the retention of Chrichton but it still appears there are spots in our roster that need to be filled.

I look forward to see who the front rower is we must surely bring in to balance out our roster.

The_Frog

First Grade
Gagai played centre for the entire second half of the season when Souths had their run to the prelim. He also played centre in all three Origins. Bennett would not have brought Mansour in to play reserves. He'll be looking to his bullocking runs to keep his forwards fresh.

Mansour went okay, but I won’t miss his dodgy hands and his lack of pace. I think we can do better, in fact I think we need to do better. Our back 3 would be close to the slowest in the comp. A little more pace could really help us against the other elite teams.

Braidon Burns tackle efficiency is much higher than Naden’s. High 80’s, early 90%. I’d be stunned if he’s a worse defender than Naden.

soc123_au

Staff member
If Sauce decided to stay do you really think the club would've made things unbearable for him? I do not. For one thing the players union would jump on it, secondly he is popular within the playing group and a senior player in our side, f**king him around could easily hurt us. For Martie to imply we would've done that I think is ridiculous. We can pick players over him but if he shows up to training and honours his contract we cant do much else.
Yeah, I agree with you on that point. I can't imagine the club would have made him feel unwelcome, if they did I would be filthy with them.

Latest posts