What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Panther Mick

Juniors
Honestly, I fail to see what Josh Mansour said to Danny Weidler is a big deal.

The whole throwing the toys out of the cot, throwing Staines under the bus and running to Weidler in the first place is frankly all bullshit.

I think the club as a whole could have dealt with his exit far better than they did but I have said I understand why they made the decision they did. The NRL is a business and tough decisions have to be made as evidenced by the departure of Josh.

I used the words disrespect on more than one occasion but I was making the point it was certain people on here who were being disrespectful.

I haven’t watched his exit video, like the GF replay, no intention of watching it would be just too painful.

There is nothing in that interview that offended me.
Most of it was media BS from Weidler.

Original Name

Juniors
The Dogs have signed a few good ones. But most are just NRL players.
Hethrington,Waddel,Allan,Flannagan.
Most of those 4 wouldnt make the starting side in half the sides in the NRL. Some wouldn't even make the 17.
Remis Smith and Foran are just as good or better then Allan and Flanagan.

The big signings are Cotric,JAC and Burton. But they will lose either Hoppa or DWZ in the backs in 22. The side is getting better. But I am hearing people saying top 4. I dont see it.
Hetherington varies. On his day he's great and can the one guy giving a shit in the team and be the one to spark the team. On his bad day he'll cost you a game. If Barret can improve his mentality he'll hit form and be in the 17 of any team. His natural athleticism is incredible. He might be the quickest prop in the NRL and he's not small by prop standards.

Blade23

Juniors
Canterbury had been a leading suitor for Crichton as he became free to negotiate with rivals from November 1, but club insiders say they haven't heard from the Crichton camp for some time and expect Penrith to retain the Mt Druitt local.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/13/mansours-souths-move-opens-door-for-crichton-retention/

As Blade23 says, we should soon hear...

Crichton will be staying. The Bulldogs interest was manager and media BS. Panic us into paying more.

I was told recently Yeo and Luai are done. Yeo was supposed to be announced first.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hetherington varies. On his day he's great and can the one guy giving a shit in the team and be the one to spark the team. On his bad day he'll cost you a game. If Barret can improve his mentality he'll hit form and be in the 17 of any team. His natural athleticism is incredible. He might be the quickest prop in the NRL and he's not small by prop standards.

Can he offload? Does he bend the line constantly? Does he have a short ball?
I see an aggressive guy who does average hit ups and has low impact. He stands out due to his aggressive nature.
I think he can be moulded into a solid player. But I do not see a guy who would ever reach any sort of representative honours. I could be wrong. Just he never come on as much as when debuted.

Fangs

Coach
He had a cry and you can understand why. He gave his all for this club and managed to stay in first grade when the majority of us wrote him off. Only to be sent packing. I think it will prove to be the correct decision for both clubs in the end.

Played his best football up to 2016 before he did his ACL. Lost a yard of pace after that I reckon. If not for that I believe he would have had a couple more years at rep level. The horrific face injury he suffered set him back as well. The back 5 will have a lot of work to make up. Only To'o looks capable of taking those tough hitups out of our red zone.

I hope he is offered a role at the club when he retires. He is an absolute legend and deserves plenty of praise for taking a paycut to stay with the club.

franklin2323

Immortal
He had a cry and you can understand why. He gave his all for this club and managed to stay in first grade when the majority of us wrote him off. Only to be sent packing. I think it will prove to be the correct decision for both clubs in the end.

Played his best football up to 2016 before he did his ACL. Lost a yard of pace after that I reckon. If not for that I believe he would have had a couple more years at rep level. The horrific face injury he suffered set him back as well. The back 5 will have a lot of work to make up. Only To'o looks capable of taking those tough hitups out of our red zone.

I hope he is offered a role at the club when he retires. He is an absolute legend and deserves plenty of praise for taking a paycut to stay with the club.

The face was the major one. Wingers these days that can't jump are an issue

Fangs

Coach
The face was the major one. Wingers these days that can't jump are an issue

His 2017 form coming back from the ACL was pretty ordinary from memory. Though the whole squad was playing diabolical football that year so he was probably a stand out if we check the stats.

If not for his injuries he plays more rep footy.

Original Name

Juniors
Can he offload? Does he bend the line constantly? Does he have a short ball?
I see an aggressive guy who does average hit ups and has low impact. He stands out due to his aggressive nature.
I think he can be moulded into a solid player. But I do not see a guy who would ever reach any sort of representative honours. I could be wrong. Just he never come on as much as when debuted.
Yes he can bend the line, he loves to offload. For me it's his crazy leg speed that's the big thing. Without it his aggression alone wouldn't mean that much.
No he hasn't got a pass on him. Give him the ball and he's always going going to run it.

WestyLife

First Grade
Again you must have totally missed the point I am making.

Im not arguing the tough decision made by Clearly/Cameron. FFS I understand there decision totally. They have been backed into a corner, they would appear to have had no choice and in that respect I have no issue. Releasing Josh early gave him an opportunity to secure an extra year on his career which was something we were never going to be able to provide him. They have largely done him a favour, no matter how much it hurts or pains him. I will just say for the last time, any disrespect I referred to previously was directed at persons on here and not directed at the decision of the club, even allowing for the fact I believe we could have handled it better.
I get it you're hurting. I'm almost in tears editing a video if we're being honest
Like Easts and Storm do?
touche

GongPanther

Referee

I think most of his underlining disappointed comes from the fact that he won't have a chance this season to rectify last season's GF with the club he is so emotionally attached to.

If we do make and win this years GF, I hope Captain Yeo gives Sauce a big shoutout on the podium.

But as it is, once Staines starts scoring 2-3 tries per match, we'll all be over this Sauce saga.

Last edited:

Blade23

Juniors
I don't think we will see a more loyal and passionate player to represent this club than Mansour.
He wears his heart on his sleeve and is full of emotion. Sometimes getting the better of him.
He gave his all, even when the pace slowed and the body cried out in pain. He still tried.
He will be missed by teammates and fans. The club will be poorer in his absence. I have no doubt. He was always good for a chat, even if he wouldn't shut up about soccer.
I hope some day he returns to the club in some capacity.

Thanks Sauce for the memories.
My favourite was that try against the Bulldogs in the finals where the Panther in him roared.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think we will see a more loyal and passionate player to represent this club than Mansour.
He wears his heart on his sleeve and is full of emotion. Sometimes getting the better of him.
He gave his all, even when the pace slowed and the body cried out in pain. He still tried.
He will be missed by teammates and fans. The club will be poorer in his absence. I have no doubt. He was always good for a chat, even if he wouldn't shut up about soccer.
I hope some day he returns to the club in some capacity.

Thanks Sauce for the memories.
My favourite was that try against the Bulldogs in the finals where the Panther in him roared.

Well said.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah, everything about his exit has been said. But the simple truth is he's been one of my favorite Panthers in what was a rocky decade. I'm going to miss him and its going to burn horribly to watch him in someone else's colours.

Ironically, I look forward to his being successful for the Bunnies.

I don’t wish anything adverse for almost any of the players who have left our club, it happens for a reason, whether player driven or driven by the club.

Personally, of all our home grown products who moved on, or were moved on the only one who kinda pisses me off is RCG. Even allowing for his really serious jaw injuries I just think he turned his toes up and didn’t give his best, which is disappointing given he was being paid marquee money.