What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mansour has signed with Souths. I must say I am relieved about that.

He didn’t get his three years which is a shame for him.

That he eventually signed with the super-powered rabbits suggests that our own recruitment team are right in the thick of the action and think on similar lines to the big players.

In fact our dignifying and constructive overtures were made to him months before he caught the attention of Mr Bennett.

More to point, his sacking the day after the grand final loss by Ivan and the Panther CEO was the epitome of callousness and disrespect for a loyal servant of the Panthers. Bereft of honour, and compassion, it stands for everything the game shouldn’t be. The decision poor and the timing worse still. There are no excuses for it. It was the recruitment and retention equivalent of an eye gouge in the tackle.

This was aggravated in that the loss was wholly attributable to Ivans mishandling of their prep and the belated deployment of Nado and the icing on the cake being Ivan refusing to take any responsibility for it.

Is it someone else’s fault Ivan? Really?! Pfft.

That is light years away from the humility and humanity of Madge and Pascoe and against everything our club stands for. No coming the coward for us. No selling out. Wouldn’t cross our minds. It’s an entirely different mindset.

We couldn’t come to terms, but the first club to reach out to Josh was us. He was broken hearted for sure. He even went to the press to find solace. I think our approach made him stronger and more confident. It meant he was wanted, clubs still cared for and looked up to him. We did him a great service, the gift of self belief when the knife was still embedded deep into his back and he will never forget it. Hope lads, we gave him hope.

After the Ivan era, the smug will need a total and absolute rebuild of their character and DNA. It’s little wonder so many of the brilliant young players want out or want overs. There’s very few there by heart felt choice. Maybe Edwards. I can only fear for his emotional well being. He would fix our fullback issues in a millisecond.

I’m glad Josh Mansour gave them their come-uppances. Great player, puts in and I’m proud of our short but meaningful association with him.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
He didn’t get his three years which is a shame for him.

That he eventually signed with the super-powered rabbits suggests that our own recruitment team are right in the thick of the action and think on similar lines to the big players.

In fact our dignifying and constructive overtures were made to him months before he caught the attention of Mr Bennett.

More to point, his sacking the day after the grand final loss by Ivan and the Panther CEO was the epitome of callousness and disrespect for a loyal servant of the Panthers. Bereft of honour, and compassion, it stands for everything the game shouldn’t be. The decision poor and the timing worse still. There are no excuses for it. It was the recruitment and retention equivalent of an eye gouge in the tackle.

This was aggravated in that the loss was wholly attributable to Ivans mishandling of their prep and the belated deployment of Nado and the icing on the cake being Ivan refusing to take any responsibility for it.

Is it someone else’s fault Ivan? Really?! Pfft.

That is light years away from the humility and humanity of Madge and Pascoe and against everything our club stands for. No coming the coward for us. No selling out. Wouldn’t cross our minds. It’s an entirely different mindset.

We couldn’t come to terms, but the first club to reach out to Josh was us. He was broken hearted for sure. He even went to the press to find solace. I think our approach made him stronger and more confident. It meant he was wanted, clubs still cared for and looked up to him. We did him a great service, the gift of self belief when the knife was still embedded deep into his back and he will never forget it. Hope lads, we gave him hope.

After the Ivan era, the smug will need a total and absolute rebuild of their character and DNA. It’s little wonder so many of the brilliant young players want out or want overs. There’s very few there by heart felt choice. Maybe Edwards. I can only fear for his emotional well being. He would fix our fullback issues in a millisecond.

I’m glad Josh Mansour gave them their come-uppances. Great player, puts in and I’m proud of our short but meaningful association with him.
You must go through a lot of keyboards.
Good luck to him. He’ll go well at Redfern.

Blues Riff

Bench
Mansour was given a heads-up, nothing more or less.. What are we supposed to do with Charlie? He averages a Try every 20 minutes. Send him to the Tiggers eh? he'll form a deadly combo with Laurie.

Charlie this, Charlie that
Country boy with wide brimmed hat
Has 2 games and suddenly
He can attack and awesome d

Josh Mansour did his best
For years and years he passed the test
Loyal is his middle name
Means f**k to Ivan because he’s insane

Smuggie choker Cleary coach
Liar, inbred, tool and roach
Bring on Naden with 10 to go
Said he’d do it again, a vain old scrote.

Did anyone see the Zero Tackle article on the Titans’ worst ten signings in their history? How did the anti vaxer not make it? Our worst top ten could probably come mostly from the post Sheens era! Reynolds, Ballin, McQueen et al!

Choiboi

Juniors
Sigh of relief!! Lee must be terrible at golf like uncle nick :)

Nofa has resigned for 4yrs (CO on yr 4)

EXCLUSIVE – The Wests Tigers have landed a major signing coup with Dally M winger of the year David Nofoaluma inking a four-year extension to keep him at the club until the end of 2025.
The deal was sealed with a game of golf and dinner with Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3512820988f2799c0e9d5edc7f0fdc24

Latest posts