What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Gabba Jan 15-19, 2021

JJ

Immortal
They’re not most people...

Waqar now saying Pakis lost here because of quarantine... groan...

_goParra

Juniors
Jesus h christ. Most of the people in their third world dump country are lucky to have plumbing ffs
f**king silver spoons having another whinge

they are in a 5 star hotel with no other guests

any reason to put the foot in hey...

apart from the house keeping, the players were restricted to their own floor with no access to gym & pool. and only food provided by a local indian restaurant. they closed all the facilities in the hotel.

Bear in mind both squads (including support staff) tested negative before scg test and most likely would have been tested again when they went to brisbane.

how are the players meant to train / recuperate without access to pool & gym?
Can a indian restaurant provide the necessary diet for athletes?
Also CA / Anna said the players could roam freely in the hotel, nothing about being restricted to their floor and lifts being deactivated.

But hey, lets ignore the facts, let stick the boot in to those filthy indians..

TheParraboy

Staff member

Now you know how some of us feel when the big bad Aussies get bashed up unnecessarily ;)

But I agree with you

From some reports Indias complaints was what was promised to what has been delivered

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/7d8b174e13fcb1bcf5008dde25d92196

However, respected Indian broadcaster Harsha Bhogle called for some perspective after seeing Healy and Copeland’s online banter.

“Trent, Alyssa, my feeling is that these are quotes picked out of a larger conversation. Everyone is on edge and I think the key is what they were promised versus what they were delivered,” Bhogle tweeted.

“These are stressful times for everyone. Let us all cut each other some slack.”

The hotel swimming pool, gym and cafes were all off-limits to the players when they arrived, according to the source who complained about conditions, but that changed when the BCCI took up the issue with Cricket Australia.

“The board has been told that the team has been given access to all the lifts in the hotel. They can use a gym too. It has been assured that there will be room service and house keeping,” a senior BCCI official told The Times of India.

“The team has also been given a team room where they can assemble and have meetings. Only the swimming pool is not open for use.

“The players are exhausted and have retired to their rooms. But they would like to go out for a stroll later in the day. You can’t expect a player to keep doing up his room during this kind of tour. BCCI is always by the side of its players and will ensure they get the best treatment.”

Bazal

Post Whore
any reason to put the foot in hey...

apart from the house keeping, the players were restricted to their own floor with no access to gym & pool. and only food provided by a local indian restaurant. they closed all the facilities in the hotel.

Bear in mind both squads (including support staff) tested negative before scg test and most likely would have been tested again when they went to brisbane.

how are the players meant to train / recuperate without access to pool & gym?
Can a indian restaurant provide the necessary diet for athletes?
Also CA / Anna said the players could roam freely in the hotel, nothing about being restricted to their floor and lifts being deactivated.

Every touring team just about anywhere has had virtually identical conditions this year. I can't recall anyone else kicking up this much fuss about it.

I'm not gonna lay the boot in because it's tough times for everyone, but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth when one side appears to be suggesting they deserve different to everyone else.

_goParra

Juniors
Every touring team just about anywhere has had virtually identical conditions this year. I can't recall anyone else kicking up this much fuss about it.

I'm not gonna lay the boot in because it's tough times for everyone, but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth when one side appears to be suggesting they deserve different to everyone else.

no they were just asking for what was promised by CA, nothing more.

jargan83

Coach
Pucovski ruled out of the 4th Test, replaced by Marcus Harris, the rest of the XI is unchanged - Source is the Cricket Australia app

mozza91

Coach
Got my tix for Sat, I better sit in my seat and not say a word or I might make Justin Langer angry. We won’t like him when he’s angry he’s a black belt in hippy douchebag.
Don’t even think anything negative about him. He’s that good at picking up bad vibes.

Last edited:

Latest posts