What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Call me sentimental, but my favourite Josh moment was when his last deal was announced on the field being interviewed by Gus.

The love for him from the fans in the Western Stand that day was amazing. It was special, special player and special to be present during that moment.

The loyalty, overcoming such adversity when he was at the peak of his career, to bounce back and play such a critical part in our successful 2020 speaks volumes about the guy and his character.

He was never the fastest, never the most talented, but just a truly amazing player who will be missed.

BxTom

Bench
Call me sentimental, but my favourite Josh moment was when his last deal was announced on the field being interviewed by Gus.

The love for him from the fans in the Western Stand that day was amazing. It was special, special player and special to be present during that moment.

The loyalty, overcoming such adversity when he was at the peak of his career, to bounce back and play such a critical part in our successful 2020 speaks volumes about the guy and his character.

He was never the fastest, never the most talented, but just a truly amazing player who will be missed.
Agree, I was there that day in the eastern stand and there was a LOT of cheering.

Kilkenny

Coach
Anyway the good news is we should know the makeup of our roster for 2021 in the very near future and that is the most important thing at present.

It has been an off season of uncertainty and we have shed players which have were intergal to our success in 2020 but that is the impact of the salary cap as we are only too well aware.

Clearly there are going to be further signings announced in the coming weeks whether they add value or enhance our roster remains to be seen.

Interesting few weeks ahead.

Kilkenny

Coach
Personally I don’t care if we don’t sign an established NRL front rower or outside back or what ever it is we are lacking. We don’t have the funds to sign anyone of any real quality so just perhaps put our faith in some kids from within our junior ranks.

MugaB

Coach
Just as long as it's not Russell Packer, I'm happy. Thanks.
I actually do want russell, just not at his current contract price, like i mentioned earlier, we need a hard nosed no nonsense prop, we have fish, but he is gonna need help, no tetevano and tamou could be a catalyst to going backwards in the middle, an enforcer would be all we needed, i know we had hethro, but his price was too high to keep, a cheap JWH style player= packer but only if tigers pay most of the freight.

I'd also be not looking at packers past, many footballers have done the wrong thing and repented and rehabilitated, russells no different, even Tetevano with all his ills still made us proud even with his past history of violence. As long as we aren't offering starting spots or long contracts guys like packer can boost a teams aggression off the bench.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I actually do want russell, just not at his current contract price, like i mentioned earlier, we need a hard nosed no nonsense prop, we have fish, but he is gonna need help, no tetevano and tamou could be a catalyst to going backwards in the middle, an enforcer would be all we needed, i know we had hethro, but his price was too high to keep, a cheap JWH style player= packer but only if tigers pay most of the freight

Thankfully you are no where near our recruitment team. Russell Packer seriously? The West Tigers could pay all of his contract and he would still be overpriced? You’ll get no likes for this one buddy.

MugaB

Coach
Thankfully you are no where near our recruitment team. Russell Packer seriously? The West Tigers could pay all of his contract and he would still be overpriced? You’ll get no likes for this one buddy.
Yeah well i wouldn't get likes from a sad panda like you regardless, now that mansauce is off to souths, the roster might shape up to where it should be just looking for the enforcer. And i think we are sweet for 2021, clubs done well if Yeo, Luai and Critta all sign soon

MugaB

Coach
Is that the best you’ve got? The whole sad panda thing? Respect your elders and learn a thing or two in the process.
Elders? Really dude, how old am I? Are you just guessing coz your over the hill?
Or is everone beneath you coz youve hit grumpy old man age.
I dont even know how old you are to "respect" you, if you didn't come with your glass half empty attitude, maybe just "panda" would do it

Either way, your not in the "value of packer" camp, thats great, most folks would be the same, but i see value in footballers who are scary, and intimidate, guys like ruben wiki, hit hard, make you avoid them, he is a similar player not as good as wiki tho

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah well i wouldn't get likes from a sad panda like you regardless, now that mansauce is off to souths, the roster might shape up to where it should be just looking for the enforcer. And i think we are sweet for 2021, clubs done well if Yeo, Luai and Critta all sign soon

Sad panda is wondering where you think we will find this magical money to pay for this enforcer you think we are in need off?

We’ve let Tamou, Hetherington, Tetevano and others leave to enable us to hopefully re-sign the likes of Yeo and others.

Perhaps you should send your CV to Matt Cameron he may need someone with your insight and roster management skills.

Reactions: Bob

Black Diamond

Juniors

Yep, agreed. I fondly remember that day when he pledged his alliance to the Panthers. His interview today was humble and he once again expressed his love of the jersey, his team mates and the community. He said he had made peace with what had happened and would always be a Panther, that is the man he is. To hear some people on here constantly and over and over again go on about him " throwing his toys from the cot" shame on you. He is a club Icon and will always have a place in the heart of most of us. When we lost the gf last year, he was the guy I shed tears for, he deserved to go out a winner. Good luck Josh, your loyalty, your mentoring of the young guys and the man you are will be missed. You only have to look at some of the Insta posts of the guys to see how much he was respected. Hope we see you one day back in some role at your beloved Panthers.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Elders? Really dude, how old am I? Are you just guessing coz your over the hill?
Or is everone beneath you coz youve hit grumpy old man age.
I dont even know how old you are to "respect" you, if you didn't come with your glass half empty attitude, maybe just "panda" would do it

Either way, your not in the "value of packer" camp, thats great, most folks would be the same, but i see value in footballers who are scary, and intimidate, guys like ruben wiki, hit hard, make you avoid them, he is a similar player not as good as wiki tho

Im 60 years old. My wife would probably agree with your assessment of me being a grumpy old bugger but given we have been together for 35 years or so she is entitled to such an opinion.

For the record I am not glass half full, I am not glass half empty I am Panthers all the way and have been for 50 years now so forgive me if the whole sad panda thing is a tad offensive coming from someone who calls me a dude.

By all means continue to refer to me as a dude it says so much more about you than it does about me.

MugaB

Coach
Sad panda is wondering where you think we will find this magical money to pay for this enforcer you think we are in need off?

We’ve let Tamou, Hetherington, Tetevano and others leave to enable us to hopefully re-sign the likes of Yeo and others.

Perhaps you should send your CV to Matt Cameron he may need someone with your insight and roster management skills.
Money that tigers would love to chip in to get him off their cap, aswell as lauire in return.
There are deals to be made.

What do you care if i did send in a CV, btw i did call out 2 of 3 players we actually ended signing a month or so out from doing it, that being salmon, sorrenson while you sooked about our cap issues and bagged the retention commitee, all the while giving to Alice, who might be the same age if not your elder, again you just wanna swim in the negatives, instead of figuring out potential possible positives. Hence why sad panda is befitting, don't worry the FOX league crew call hindy the same thing, its nothing to be ashamed of, its just your outlook on life.

So I say i like packer, you say youre off your head, last year i say i like tetevano, you say your off your head.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
What do you care if i did send in a CV, btw i did call out 2 of 3 players we actually ended signing a month or so out from doing it, that being salmon, sorrenson while you sooked about our cap issues and bagged the retention commitee, all the while giving to Alice, who might be the same age if not your elder, again you just wanna swim in the negatives, instead of figuring out potential possible positives. Hence why sad panda is befitting, don't worry the FOX league crew call hindy the same thing, its nothing to be ashamed of, its just your outlook on life.

So I say i like packer, you say youre off your head, last year i say i like tetevano, you say your off your head.

Let’s be clear on one aspect of your post above, Alice and I have been around this forum a long time, a lot longer than you have been a member. For the most part we have enjoyed a good relationship even if our sentiments around the departure of Josh Mansour has seen a major difference of opinion so our current relationship is somewhat strained. In time I’m sure things will heal even if we will never agree in respect of the whole toys out the cot thing. I was positive even when this forum was the most negative and I am talking about our darkest hours. Please continue to indulge yourself with the whole sad panda thing but I have earnt the right over fifty years to express my opinion of our club and if you had been around long enough just perhaps you would be able to recognise just how important this club means to me family.

Bob

Juniors
Let’s be clear on one aspect of your post above, Alice and I have been around this forum a long time, a lot longer than you have been a member. For the most part we have enjoyed a good relationship even if our sentiments around the departure of Josh Mansour has seen a major difference of opinion so our current relationship is somewhat strained. In time I’m sure things will heal even if we will never agree in respect of the whole toys out the cot thing. I was positive even when this forum was the most negative and I am talking about our darkest hours. Please continue to indulge yourself with the whole sad panda thing but I have earnt the right over fifty years to express my opinion of our club and if you had been around long enough just perhaps you would be able to recognise just how important this club means to me family.
Well said mate, I like you have been a fan for a long time, (1967) for me, been a member of the licensed club since I was old enough, home game attendee (sat right near the tunnel..the smell of dencorub wafting out, oasis courtyard for a steak before the game, Kelly’s kiosk for strawberry crepes after the game, seen a lot of players come and go, very sad to see Josh go, I understand why but I don’t like it, for his faults ie can’t jump, not as fast as he once was he has something most players don’t have...Passion for the club and his teammates, he will be missed more than most realise

Latest posts