What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
He has all the skills and physical ability. It is all a matter of between the ears now (which is the toughest part of being a first grader). Im tipping a few clubs will have their eye on him by the end of the season.
If we have any brains he will be ties up.
Mixo ,brother, noone has mentioned sua , do u know anything?

Travitoh

First Grade
Brother mixo, your unbelievable!!, use to be now its 2196, close.
You also know im anxious for pengai junior, but you insinuated katoni stags, i feel we need a forward rather than a back, but! Gags is going 30 and i cant justify the reported 700k and he hasnt resigned,if we add 100 or 150k to gags money staggs would be great plus he is a nsw boy,would he come home?

I like Kotoni Staggs a lot but he hasn't done anything to warrant close to a $800k-$850k price tag.

handyman2190

Bench
I like Kotoni Staggs a lot but he hasn't done anything to warrant close to a $800k-$850k price tag.
It May be your right, but unfortunately thats what he will get , we are after our next GI and he fits the bill, and add to that other teams and the broncos will offer as much so to get him 50 or 100k wont cut it.

Travitoh

First Grade
It May be your right, but unfortunately thats what he will get , we are after our next GI and he fits the bill, and add to that other teams and the broncos will offer as much so to get him 50 or 100k wont cut it.

He most likely will get that money but it won't be from a serious contender.

Back on to renno, age 30, not slowing down to rapidly, solid kicker you’d have to count on him for points each game. Great exponent of the field goal.

One of the best of the sub-elites.

Just put the club to one side, if you are his manager, what’s the proposition?

I’d be thinking I’d start with 3 years at 750 as a first entry, but settle for 650 for 3 as a fall back. He’s been well paid at Souths. That makes it easier to keep him in twylight years.

As @Travitoh warns, lesser clubs would be quite eager to throw a lot more in to lure him away... the eels could have really used his composure last season. There’s points in him, but he’s not a great risk taker.

He’s factory speed these days, but he doesn’t really need it with good boot and hands. You’d rather have him with the latter and more experience. Speed is good but rarely game defining.

There’s quite a lot to Adam Reynolds when you think about his game. I’d prefer him over Cook or Latrell for example if a choice had to be made. Cody would be a tougher choice as he keeps improving. Probably.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Nofaluma resigned with tigers.
Honestly, why we GAVE the fox to the dogs when he clearly wanted us is a joke, no one tell me he wanted FB, he was willing to stay on the wing,and dogs have made no promises or pay promises about FB.
Players are difficult to shift without overpaying,unless of course we give contracted players releases,we need a chief exec we need changes in recruitment

Travitoh

First Grade
JAC is great but i don't see him, AJ and Latrell being productive as a back 3 coming out from their own end. It's either him or AJ and the supporters made it known that they didn't want AJ to go anywhere.
Mansour brings the strong start to a set that teams need from their back 3. He's the better signing from a team balance point of view and shouldn't be too much of a cap hit.
Nofoaluma is great but he'll be on too much at Wests to be a wise investment. They will have paid overs to keep him i believe. Souths will be close to the cap once all the re-signings are done and signing Nofo could've been the difference between keeping a good player or letting them go.

This offseason has been great in terms of ins and outs, possibly the best we've had for a while and it will only get better as the re-signings roll in which might be getting held back so the club can get as much as possible from the cap.

2013-2015 was the last time i felt this confident that Souths are a true contender going into a season.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Can anyone provide an update on anyone at training that hasn’t been signed as yet? I thought I heard earlier that Tom Amone might have been train and trial.

Latest posts