What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

BLM01

First Grade
I hope it’s all BS.
Unless McInnes has decided to move on in 22 & Hook thinks it’s best to go now?
Three years seems strange & didn’t he also do an acl last season?

No he did his hammy..ripped it right off..but you are close.
I like the signing if at all it is true, (which I still doubt)
Whole hearted, experienced a good defender and smart out of dummy half and will go all day with Brittain as our choices I believe
Yes McCulloch has slowed up a bit but i think he is smarter hooker than Cam McInnes. Just my view.
McInnes is likely moving to 13 which is a move i like too. It was good for him and the team last year
I see our Cam more suited and could be a success like another Cam we all know (being Cam Murray) who I think is the best backrower for his size and style of game he plays in the middle in the NRL today. He is not all about bash and barge.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
No he did his hammy..ripped it right off..but you are close.
I like the signing if at all it is true, (which I still doubt)
Whole hearted, experienced a good defender and smart out of dummy half and will go all day with Brittain as our choices I believe
Yes McCulloch has slowed up a bit but i think he is smarter hooker than Cam McInnes. Just my view.
McInnes is likely moving to 13 which is a move i like too. It was good for him and the team last year
I see our Cam more suited and could be a success like another Cam we all know (being Cam Murray) who I think is the best backrower for his size and style of game he plays in the middle in the NRL today. He is not all about bash and barge.
If this rumour is true I can only hope that McInnes has agreed to play 13

BLM01

First Grade
If this rumour is true I can only hope that McInnes has agreed to play 13
He should not have to agree. It is best for our team and I firmly believe that it was worth perservering with even after the debacle of last year. McInnes adds speed and defence for our backrow and middle without requiring to do every tackle from 9.
But Hunt needs to prove himself at 7 or perish on the big $$ and mcCulloch could be a great foil for Brittain

kit66

Bench
Crazy. A 31 year old hooker for 3 years when we have 3 + hookers already. Maybe McInnes has asked for an early release or McCullough is for our reserve squad, I'm at a loss otherwise. He was dumped by the Wooden Spooners.....wtf.
I've never liked him, never thought he was any good. If true it puts a real dampener on my enthusiasm and optimism for the team for 2021.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If McInnes were to leave, without question our best option would be Hunt at 9 and the best of Sullivan, Clune, Amone and Bird to fight out the halves. BB would be backup and to be quite honest I’d prefer him as our fist choice over McCulloch too. I really hope McInnes isn’t leaving though, his best is in front of him. Let’s hope we have some early success and he decides to stay on.

mickeylane

Bench
Hook thinks we need experience and he’s right no other reason - but 3 years sounds a longish deal .. not sure about a Mciness my gut tells me he will accept the $550k per season at Tigers

Banjo2014

Juniors
Mickeylane looks like you are right with Mcinnes heading to Tiger Town - if we do buy McCullough means Hunt is our official number 7 all year

BLM01

First Grade
Hook thinks we need experience and he’s right no other reason - but 3 years sounds a longish deal .. not sure about a Mciness my gut tells me he will accept the $550k per season at Tigers
Ha 550k
off the mark there
a good hooker demands more
Cook is on close to 900k
Farah was on that a few years ago in a backloaded deal
Not saying cam is worth the same as cook but he’s on the cusp of origin and the media talk how he is one of the top few hookers his MV has jumped.

Last edited:

st.phil

Bench
Ha 550k
off the mark there
Cook is on close to 900k
Not saying cam is worth the same as cook but he’s on the cusp of origin and the media talk how he is one of the top few hookers his MV has jumped.
yepppp I'm thinking Cam's manager has him at 800k

Ha 550k
off the mark there
Cook is on close to 900k

At $900k for Cam per season I will personally drive him to Campbelltown Oval for his Tigers debut.

We have Hunt and Brittain

Cam will be missed for his wholehearted performances, but we don’t need another expensive contract when we have viable alternatives.

BLM01

First Grade
yepppp I'm thinking Cam's manager has him at 800k

You see unfortunately that’s the nature of the beast in today’s game.
player manages are all about the best earnings for their client I get that
but they will push them all into trying to play a spine position and in some cases 13 for the elite back rowers.
that’s where the money is!
how many players in the last few years have we seen trying to push for a ;spine spot, because of the money simple
whether It’s their best position or not
eg. JAC for the team not important.

I honestly can understand Cams managers reluctance for his client to play 13 for us because he will diminish his value ATM For his new contract and bugger the team.
but I think he’s a better 13 than 9 and could potentially get up towards closer to one of those elite 13s that are or have been on the good money.

BLM01

First Grade
At $900k for Cam per season I will personally drive him to Campbelltown Oval for his Tigers debut.

We have Hunt and Brittain

Cam will be missed for his wholehearted performances, but we don’t need another expensive contract when we have viable alternatives.
Not saying he’s worth 900
that’s something that Cook demands
but a 9 at the level Cam is, is worth a lot more than 550 in the market, if he is head hunted For that position

Just thinking about it I would be very surprised if Cameron McInnes leaves.
He is our Club Captain, very well respected, Dragons Player of the Year, loves dancing to the team song and from memory every time he has spoken about the Dragons he has nothing but pride & passion.
Is he bitter that Mary is not around anymore, perhaps however please look at the bigger picture Cam which will be improvement in every aspect of the Dragons.
I would think that if Cam has already informed the Dragons he will be leaving either now or for season 22 that we would be looking at a Brandon Smith option rather than a guy who is not the future in McCullough.
The only benefit I can see for McInnes leaving is a far superior pay check each week.

be55

Juniors
In my opinion if this story is true then it almost certainly points to the fact that the club has talked to Cam about next year and he has told them he will be leaving...

Not sure if he is one of these players who lives in Sydney and makes the daily commute to the Gong but as soon as i heard that the Tigers had made him their no 1 target for next year i thought that the chances of him leaving were relatively high with his connection to Madge..

They would be making a big money play for Cam and i doubt that we could match that and not have it cost us some of our promising young juniors or eat into our cap that Hook might think we need to spend in other areas next year especially with Hunt on the books till the end of 2022 with a player option that i am sure he will take up for 2023...

If Cam leaves then it would be very disappointing for us fans but it shouldn't be surprising when you take these things into account...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Firstly, can we please let go the 'Hunt at hooker', it would be a disaster for our team. The fact that, if this story has wheels, Hook is looking for a hooker, backs this. All Hunt offers at hooker is a long kicking game, something he can already do at 7, nothing else really and his stats back that up.

As one poster pointed out, this could be just a prelude to McInnes shifting to lock. A position where he could lead the defensive line.

I feel this story has a beginning but no end, but as always in Dragon land, it's wait and see.