What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
Handy bro the "shitter" will extend! Did you follow the dogs in your younger days perchance?
Brother mixo,
The dogs were whats called my second team.
Ive been a souths man for 55 years and a member that long, the dogs a long second, sounding morbid, you know how pessimistic i can be, im planning a souths coffin and some of my caps and a gurnsey to accompany me to the other realm, im completly and utterly souths mad!!!
I had heard a rumour that a certain team next door and another south had made enquiries, and im worried, our lack of a dedicated CEO is hampering us greatly.
I think we are waiting for the staggs answer before we talk to gagai.

callmack1

Staff member
Captain Adam Reynolds in the running for Menulog Team of the Decade!: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...n-the-running-for-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

With no disrespect to Sandow, I can't believe he's got even 7% of the votes!! How could you not vote for Reyno?

‘I don’t hold any grudges’ - Mansour ready for next chapter after brutal Panthers axing: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3b519a81c1ed6a4465da479d84fb3775

Agreed, this is fantastic news for us!! Wayne giving us his full attention. He knows the oppoetunity that presents itself this year and he wants to do everything in his power to try and achieve the main goal. Great stuff!!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/su...s/news-story/9c20c0a5756476a1eb2f3f053aa17608

Refreshed GI ‘in love with the game again’ as he keeps door ajar for Kangaroos comeback
SUPER LEAGUE
Love this article, great to see the big fulla so happy. I'll certainly be watching some Super League this year.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Brother mixo,
The dogs were whats called my second team.
Ive been a souths man for 55 years and a member that long, the dogs a long second, sounding morbid, you know how pessimistic i can be, im planning a souths coffin and some of my caps and a gurnsey to accompany me to the other realm, im completly and utterly souths mad!!!
I had heard a rumour that a certain team next door and another south had made enquiries, and im worried, our lack of a dedicated CEO is hampering us greatly.
I think we are waiting for the staggs answer before we talk to gagai.
Mate you're still a youngster! You'll see ar least another 5 bunnies premierships! You know I'm a Gags fan hope we re-sign him. We must catch up at a game this year bro:laughing:

They didn’t waste any time ripping joshes profile down at panthers hq.

There’s an article published just after he was given his marching orders where young Nate Cleary says Josh would “understand” but as we know, Josh came out and smashed Ivan and their CEO for the manner and timing of his forced exit (day after the gf loss).

I am a Nathan Cleary supporter overall but I don’t think he understood how upset and degraded Josh felt. Besides, no one can take the words of the coaches son earning $1m a year seriously in these matters of “ that’s just life” The son of the guy who axes you. Wreaks of privilege and entitlement. He can’t really tell us, nor should he dare, to suggest that Josh was comfortable being summarily axed.

It’s very amateur pr to use Nate in this way and he might have showed more maturity if he had declined to have his good name for used for such a thing. Maybe he was set up? Mmmm...Nothing like that would happen at Tigers, Storm, Roosters or Souths. We don’t treat our fans or the public as idiots as a general rule!

Josh said he felt nervous and physically ill, like going to an execution. His large personal fan base was very upset. The corpse of the gf loss wasn’t even cold. Players take these things very hard.

They spent months negotiating with Charlie Staines who obviously wanted Joshes spot in the side to sign on. Hes a good player so far as I can see but untested for the long haul. So it’s a big risk they are taking.

I don’t think Josh played under Bennett so I think he will be excited to immerse himself in the Souths environment. Bennett has the best player/coach relationship in the game. Best evidence of that was the broncos turning up to his bbq instead of the official club function. They all got into trouble too!

Josh will make new friends and have different experiences. It will refresh and invigorate him emotionally and socially.

( i would extend and renegotiate Bennetts contract if possible for a further two years. He’s obviously enjoying his tenure and took soo as the icing on the cake -He’s a great coach).

But Mansour has a point to prove in that he was pensioned off prematurely for another bright young thing ( he would have beaten up a lot of them in his time), so his personal motivation will be off the scale!

There’s a pr piece on the panthers site where he says goodbye. But it wreaks of damage control. Frustrating to support the panthers.

In terms of his nrl lifespan, about 160 games which is three times the average. Amazingly unscathed for that run. Had that jaw thing but came back ok.

Given the uncertain transition of player power in the next few years at Penrith, the catastrophic mistakes made to ruin such a wonderful run last season ( snatching defeat from the jaws of victory), I think he’s landed on his feet and he’s going to have pivotal role for you guys in 2021.

Those are my thoughts on the matter and hopefully add to the chorus of welcoming cheer that accompanies him. We missed him at the Tigers, but he’s an excellent player, he will slot in true and flush to the bunnies side. Seamless.

They say he’s also a very quality person in his private life. Doesn’t drink excessively, doesn’t do illegal drugs, no violence, no sex or flirting rubbish. No perversions etc. Appreciative of his role and position in the game. Grateful for the games blessings. Accepts he’s a role model. That always helps.

Last edited:
Very well said Silverdale

Thanks. Some people might not have know the darker aspects of his path back home! He is a bit of a favourite player of mine.

I’ve been told to stay off the Tigers forum (for supporting the tigers too much) so I’m going to try to contribute elsewhere. I won’t clog up your threads though.

In the back of my mind, you have a very mature side. Not so much in age, but in temperament and composure. I think he’s better suited to that style instead of a younger side panic-a-thon! You do come from behind a bit. Incurable lol!

He won’t be called upon to do all the miracle stuff too often because he will get time and space from set play passing, kicks and angles. This is the gift of skilled halves and a willing backline.

He really just has to finish well and he can use his large frame and height to full advantage. He’s has a big fend.

A lot of tries are scored from kicks and passes that are closer to the try line, so he needs good speed off the line over a shorter distance instead of a sub-10 second 100m.

He will however need to get his head around the chess game of attack you were developing last year. I got confused watching it, let alone having to play it!

I think Latrell is best in the backline, so I won’t find many friends here for that position!

Travitoh

First Grade
Thanks. Some people might not have know the darker aspects of his path back home! He is a bit of a favourite player of mine.

I’ve been told to stay off the Tigers forum (for supporting the tigers too much) so I’m going to try to contribute elsewhere. I won’t clog up your threads though.

In the back of my mind, you have a very mature side. Not so much in age, but in temperament and composure. I think he’s better suited to that style instead of a younger side panic-a-thon! You do come from behind a bit. Incurable lol!

He won’t be called upon to do all the miracle stuff too often because he will get time and space from set play passing, kicks and angles. This is the gift of skilled halves and a willing backline.

He really just has to finish well and he can use his large frame and height to full advantage. He’s has a big fend.

A lot of tries are scored from kicks and passes that are closer to the try line, so he needs good speed off the line over a shorter distance instead of a sub-10 second 100m.

He will however need to get his head around the chess game of attack you were developing last year. I got confused watching it, let alone having to play it!

I think Latrell is best in the backline, so I won’t find many friends here for that position!

Always welcome mate. You're great chat.

IMO, anything Mansour scores is a bonus. He's in to bring grit to a back 3 that already has the ability to finish. His best footy at Penrith was when Moylan was the FB who like Latrell, isn't too keen on the hard yards but makes up for it in attack. Sauce picked up the slack and thrived. He's a real blue collar player that will give his all week in, week out.