What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Gabba Jan 15-19, 2021

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sure but I would only rate Lillee and maybe Thommo in the same tier as James Pattinson who will be a career fill in. The rest, very good bowlers, but Patto is pretty much as good as our best bowler now. You wouldn't lose much if Cummins went down and Pattinson came in. Can't say that for Carl Rackemann or Henry Lawson and Dennis Lillee, although Rackemann was a very good cricketer and so was Henry.

I think we agree on the basic point anyway. The total stock of fast bowling globally is excellent at the moment, and it's not just fourteen West Indians and Dennis Lillee. Every country except one or two has a very good pace attack.
I think you are understating some of those aussie bowlers, they were all better than an absolute toothless arseclown like Shittle who somehow got to 200 wickets. Worst ever 200 wicket taker ever IMO

The depth is better but you would so hope 30 odd years later on with the money in the game. The difference these days from from the 80's is the decks, Brisbane and Perth did plenty, adelaide was a belter to day 3 or 4. The MCG was disgraceful througout the 80's and at least the SCG actually did break up and spin.

Kim Hughes got one of the greatest 100';s ever on a disgraceful deck in 1981 agains the mighty Windies on a shit MCG deck.

He'd average over 50 today with all the free lunches around, poor bastard got worn down by the greatest attack of all time.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think you are understating some of those aussie bowlers, they were all better than an absolute toothless arseclown like Shittle who somehow got to 200 wickets. Worst ever 200 wicket taker ever IMO

The depth is better but you would so hope 30 odd years later on with the money in the game. The difference these days from from the 80's is the decks, Brisbane and Perth did plenty, adelaide was a belter to day 3 or 4. The MCG was disgraceful througout the 80's and at least the SCG actually did break up and spin.

Kim Hughes got one of the greatest 100';s ever on a disgraceful deck in 2981 againsthe mighty Windies.

He'd average over 50 today with all the free lunches around, poor bastard got worn down by the greatest attack of all time.

Siddle is not welcome in this discussion and I hope you feel terrible for mentioning that name, you bastard!

I will say I think the decks today only adds weight to the quality of the quicks.

If Patty Cummins can do what he does on drop in concrete base roads at the MCG, what on earth would he have done on some of those decks? Hazelwood looks scary at Adelaide, imagine him sending them down on a West Indian monster in Kingston circa 1985....

It goes both ways a bit. Our batsmen now get mostly roads, but so do the bowlers and there are still plenty who are killing it

undertaker

Coach

Kim Hughes got one of the greatest 100';s ever on a disgraceful deck in 1981 agains the mighty Windies on a shit MCG deck.

Yeah, it sucks that Kim Hughes' last 9 test matches were against the Windies at their peak, during which his test averaged dropped nearly 4 runs (to 37.42).

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Siddle is not welcome in this discussion and I hope you feel terrible for mentioning that name, you bastard!

I will say I think the decks today only adds weight to the quality of the quicks.

If Patty Cummins can do what he does on drop in concrete base roads at the MCG, what on earth would he have done on some of those decks? Hazelwood looks scary at Adelaide, imagine him sending them down on a West Indian monster in Kingston circa 1985....

It goes both ways a bit. Our batsmen now get mostly roads, but so do the bowlers and there are still plenty who are killing it
You’re not welcome in any discussion on anything because you’re a dumb merkin.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Fair point, Shittle is dirty pool and I should be ashamed for mentioning his name.

The lengths I go to to win a argument, but I still think runs scored in the 80’s>>>>>>>> then scored now.

Haze in the 80’s would of averaged low 20’s I love that massive mofo.

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Kay, Catweasel

Didn't take long for the abusive old Catweasel to pop up, huh. Lol
Not abuse at all. There’s something wrong with this forum. You shouldn’t be allowed to mention banned members as it creates tension brus. I’m not cat weasel