What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Jane Murray

Bench
Why would we want another hooker when we have a top one in Api and Kenny as backup, with another good one in the lower grades coming through?
Sounds strange to me that one. If true.
And Brendan Hands. I think Brendan will over take Kenny.

murraymob

Coach
FWIW a poster on the tigers forum with proven good info has said Laurie will be at Wests next week. The hold up was that Penrith wanted our young hooker Jake Simpkins which we said no too and now have agreed on Cini.
Penrith wanted more than Cini he has been offered for a while .Be interesting we don’t need to move him not costing us much to stay

betcats

Referee
So hooper writes an article about west’s thinking throwing a big offer a critta to play fb. Meanwhile negotiations between west’s and Penrith are going on to get the young fullback west’s have signed released early.

Seems like hoppers article is just to try and add pressure on Penrith to release Laurie. These journos are just pawns of clubs and agents negotiating half the time.

Jane Murray

Bench
So hooper writes an article about west’s thinking throwing a big offer a critta to play fb. Meanwhile negotiations between west’s and Penrith are going on to get the young fullback west’s have signed released early.

Seems like hoppers article is just to try and add pressure on Penrith to release Laurie. These journos are just pawns of clubs and agents negotiating half the time.
Isn't Hooper a West Tigers fan?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We don't know how much Ava would cost. Remember he lives in the UK. A fair amount of Super League Australians players are keen to return home regardless on price.

I’ve seen him play plenty of Super League, admittedly it’s a weaker comp, but I’d put him on the same level as Zane.

Even if the Laurie for an early release rumour is false (as a Tigers supporter we have learnt to wait for an official announcement before believing anything) hasn’t it spiced up a dreary off season!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Penrith wanted more than Cini he has been offered for a while .Be interesting we don’t need to move him not costing us much to stay

True, however the rumour seemed to be that they would take the deal if WTs also took Mansour, with Sauce gone they might be open too it. Or a number of things could have happened. Wests may have kicked in some cash, Laurie might have thrown a tantrum and said he wont turn up/kick stones at training, his manager may have some other key players at Penrith he has said he will tell to leave if they dont let Laurie go. Guess we'll find out one way or another next week.

admittedly I only saw his short time in NRL last year and no lower grades, but I wasn’t that impressed, is he worth the effort?

He looked very good in lower grades, ball playing fullback type. Maybe can play some 5/8 as well. He’s got potential, but I wouldn’t say he’s a lock to be a long term first grader.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’ve seen him play plenty of Super League, admittedly it’s a weaker comp, but I’d put him on the same level as Zane.

Very different to Zane, more of a solid type as opposed to impact. He's certainly NRL level though, suprised me that it didnt work at Cronulla for him.

murraymob

Coach
True, however the rumour seemed to be that they would take the deal if WTs also took Mansour, with Sauce gone they might be open too it. Or a number of things could have happened. Wests may have kicked in some cash, Laurie might have thrown a tantrum and said he wont turn up/kick stones at training, his manager may have some other key players at Penrith he has said he will tell to leave if they dont let Laurie go. Guess we'll find out one way or another next week.
The manager seems to be the key to everything .If he has Ayoub that is what will decide it.if you want his client you then get forced to sign another .he has the all clubs by the throat sadly

Latest posts