What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The_Frog

First Grade
his manager may have some other key players at Penrith he has said he will tell to leave if they dont let Laurie go
A bit on the unethical side I'd have to suggest. I'm sure players at any club wouldn't want to be used as pawns like this.

The_Frog

First Grade
And it’s completely unlike a player manager to do be unethical in their dealings
Well its up to the governing body to bring them into line. Vlandys and Abdo have made overtures in that regard already. The Laurie situation can be resolved between the parties with the right consideration.

murraymob

Coach
Ava is the interesting one rumoured to be joining us.But has been back in the country 5 weeks.Living in the shire .But no announcements .Would be good if we could afford both Zane and Ava

Ava is the interesting one rumoured to be joining us.But has been back in the country 5 weeks.Living in the shire .But no announcements .Would be good if we could afford both Zane and Ava

Whilst it wouldn’t be a like-for-like, it would certainly make up for the loss of Tamou and Hethero if it happens

Blade23

Juniors
Further to recent rumours. The Laurie/Cini swap is back in motion. All parties are hopeful of finalising the deals next week.

With Mansour off our books we are after a few cheapies. The Tigers have come back with improved compensation, and failing any last minute shenanigans (and there have been a few) it should be sorted.
Both sides for the past few months have suggested several players as a possible swap.

The notion we were desperate for Simpkins and were prepared to pay plenty is laughable. Things are very tight our end and we are not in the habit of throwing money at unproven rookies.

We have something the Tigers want and hold the most important card. A fair deal by both parties is what being seeked.
There has been some games played lately but Laurie has never kicked stones or not put in at training.
His manager is just looking after his client. It is in his best interests to leave, so he can start his career.
It is in our best interests to get the best deal.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Further to recent rumours. The Laurie/Cini swap is back in motion. All parties are hopeful of finalising the deals next week.

With Mansour off our books we are after a few cheapies. The Tigers have come back with improved compensation, and failing any last minute shenanigans (and there have been a few) it should be sorted.
Both sides for the past few months have suggested several players as a possible swap.

The notion we were desperate for Simpkins and were prepared to pay plenty is laughable. Things are very tight our end and we are not in the habit of throwing money at unproven rookies.

We have something the Tigers want and hold the most important card. A fair deal by both parties is what being seeked.
There has been some games played lately but Laurie has never kicked stones or not put in at training.
His manager is just looking after his client. It is in his best interests to leave, so he can start his career.

Cini is a great result, he’s a lot more useful to us than Laurie. I’m a massive Laurie fan, don’t get me wrong, be he’s probably 3rd or 4th choice at FB and we are short on centre’s.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Zane provided very little impact. He was our solid type player off the bench.

Fair enough, I hope Ava picks up an NRL deal with you guys or someone else. I said earlier in the thread he was very popular with his team mates and I for one was disappointed when he left Wests

maple_69

Bench
So hopefully the UK approves Tetevano’s visa this week and that’s the domino that allows us to lock in the signings of Luai, Yeo, Crichton, Cini and Ava.

Looking forward to getting out of constant signing conjecture mode to looking forward to a comp the bookies have us as favourites to win.

Trials should be interesting with a potential shoot out for right centre between Naden, Cini, Rennings, Whare, Burton and May looming. The last bench spot could also go to Sorenson, Eisenhuth, Ava or Smith pending what kind of a pre-season they deliver.

murraymob

Coach
Fair enough, I hope Ava picks up an NRL deal with you guys or someone else. I said earlier in the thread he was very popular with his team mates and I for one was disappointed when he left Wests
It comes down to Zane getting visa or not .He gets it Ava is in

Jane Murray

Bench
So hopefully the UK approves Tetevano’s visa this week and that’s the domino that allows us to lock in the signings of Luai, Yeo, Crichton, Cini and Ava.

Looking forward to getting out of constant signing conjecture mode to looking forward to a comp the bookies have us as favourites to win.

Trials should be interesting with a potential shoot out for right centre between Naden, Cini, Rennings, Whare, Burton and May looming. The last bench spot could also go to Sorenson, Eisenhuth, Ava or Smith pending what kind of a pre-season they deliver.
Salamon too.

Kilkenny

Coach
I played golf this morning with Operations Manager of Windsor Leagues who said the Panthers Flegg, Ball and Mathews are playing trials this coming Friday night out at Windsor Stadium.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach

Do you think Cini has the potential to play NRL? I remember his name from his junior days with us but don’t remember anything of him.

Kilkenny

Coach
So hooper writes an article about west’s thinking throwing a big offer a critta to play fb. Meanwhile negotiations between west’s and Penrith are going on to get the young fullback west’s have signed released early.

Seems like hoppers article is just to try and add pressure on Penrith to release Laurie. These journos are just pawns of clubs and agents negotiating half the time.

I wonder of all the rumours talked or written about by James Hooper what his success rate would be. 20% at best, maybe less, his credibility is really questionable.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes, in time. He needs a bit of improvement in defence.
A good pre season and being mentored by Whare would help.

Given the circumstances with Daine Laurie leaving anyway, 2022 if not sooner, there is really no risk involved assuming there is no impact on our very tight salary cap.

Given there was basically no junior reps in 2020, it will be interesting to see how our Flegg side in particular perform this season. Ideally there will be some potential NRL players within our junior ranks. Our competitors will be hoping so as well given we are a development club for the entire NRL not just our own club and i say that not in a negative way.

Kilkenny

Coach
On our main Website we appear to have 25 players locked in for 2021 not including Tetevano so we are still 5 players light given it appears the NRL squad remains at 30 not 28 as was being talked about? Interesting if we still have fo find or announce another 5 players given how tight our cap situation is.

Latest posts